CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Is it weird that I've had absolutely no desire whatsoever to even play the Halo 5 beta? 

I'm more upset that MCC is broken to be honest. Give me more H2A maps, fix H2C hit detection, throw in some Team Hardcore (H2C/H3), and fix H2A's terrible 'no bleed through' issue, and I'll be set. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ah OK. Do you think if 343 took the feedback and made thrust distance reaaly short, it would take away any campy aspect that BR starts has?

It would probably help. But more frequent power weapons and powerups would make a difference as well. 

Maybe thruster should be predominantly based on momentum, so if you're moving forward, if you thrust backwards all it does is stop your movement. Similarly if it's to change directions, all it while do is simply stop you moving in the original direction. That way you can't jump into a gunfight and just leave when you feel like it, you'll have to be moving in the same direction in order to get the benefits of thruster.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is his you know they don't really care about what this franchise once was. You take the one gun that has remained mostly unchanged from game to game and not only do you change it you give it a completely different look than what it once was.

It's mind blowing how little they get it.

Not only is this just change for the sake of change, but that thing is seriously ugly as fucking sin.

Does 343i have something against Halo (besides hating it because of "x")? It's starting to seem to me like we have a group of guys who would be happier making their own IP.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is his you know they don't really care about what this franchise once was. You take the one gun that has remained mostly unchanged from game to game and not only do you change it you give it a completely different look than what it once was.

It's mind blowing how little they get it.

343 should write a book when they are relinquished from the Halo Franchise titled, "How Not to Handle A Storied IP as a New Developer".

I mean this shit is just getting embarrassing, but I guess nobody on the 343 staff has some uber track record of working on comp titles(let alone shooters)(the ones that do like Josh Menke left for better opportunities) so its not really surprising they are living up to their talent level which is mediocre compared to other AAA studios. At least Bungie had a reason to be arrogant and ignore community feedback they were the kings of their time and had undeniable talent in multiple areas, 343 clearly does not.

• Upvote (+1) 8

It isn't just 200 players, it's Top 200 in your division if I'm not mistaken.

So lets say you place Pro 1500, you're in the Top 200 for Pro 1500. If you lose a ton and drop out of the Top 200 you will end up in Pro 1499, etc etc.

At least this is how I believe it works, someone feel free to correct me.

ELO is consistent through all divisions. Iron would be 0 - 1000, 1100 - 1200 Bronze, 1200 - 1300 Silver, 1300 - 1400 Golve, 1400 - 1500 Onyx, and semi pro 1500+

Pro is the top 200 ELO in that playlist overall, which is how it stays competitive. It's not a fixed number, it's based on player skill across that playlist.

Also, once you reach Semi-Pro, you can't drop out of it. You will hit < 1500 ELO and it will still display 1500, despite you matching with players in lower divisions more commonly.

That's what I have gathered anyway.

You might be playing it wrong.

Find a couple buddies that wear tight t-shirts and invite them over. Make sure you're all seated in on a couch, not a desk chair. Make sure you're playing on a 60" tv or bigger for max immersion (don't worry about input lag). Order pizza. Grab a bong if that's your thing. Pass the control around each game, just make sure to wipe the pizza grease off first. Enjoy the fast paced gameplay, sprint everywhere. Make sure everyone goes ape shit every time someone gets a kill, plenty of fist bumping and yelling should work. And always, ALWAYS, replicate your spartan celebration with the boys after every win.

...oh wait, you aren't casual? GTFO

This is how I pictured 343 testing their game.

Is it weird that I've had absolutely no desire whatsoever to even play the Halo 5 beta? 

I'm more upset that MCC is broken to be honest. Give me more H2A maps, fix H2C hit detection, throw in some Team Hardcore (H2C/H3), and fix H2A's terrible 'no bleed through' issue, and I'll be set. 

Fix H2C and i'll be set. H2A is god awful IMO. I actually prefer the beta to it. Atleast people can't 4-5 shot everything in sight without even looking at their tv screen.

It isn't just 200 players, it's Top 200 in your division if I'm not mistaken.

So lets say you place Pro 1500, you're in the Top 200 for Pro 1500. If you lose a ton and drop out of the Top 200 you will end up in Pro 1499, etc etc.

At least this is how I believe it works, someone feel free to correct me.

Incorrect.

1500 is a rating, not a division.

The people with the highest rating comprise the Top 200. Everyone in Semi-Pro/Pro are all in the same Ladder/Division.

Anyone else thing the new Rocket Launcher is a bit too big?

99qA3Vh.png

Is it a map pickup? Or do you have to board that thing?

• Upvote (+1) 4

But don't you feel more #immersed carrying that big honkin' thing around?

Imagine what they did to Master Chiefs Mark V armor, in an artwork not leaked onto the internet. I don't even want to know.

EDIT: Yes, I know, the Mark V is in Halo 4. But we still don't know if 343 actually messed with John's armor in the Halo 3 era.

Fix H2C and i'll be set. H2A is god awful IMO. I actually prefer the beta to it. Atleast people can't 4-5 shot everything in sight without even looking at their tv screen.

Would you people please stop acting like the shooting skillgap in H2C is significantly larger than in H2A? H2 has its qualities, but difficult shooting is surely none of it.

inb4 but it haz button glitchezzz 

• Upvote (+1) 2