CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Take out any mechanic that leads to ''Evade''.

-Take out Sprint (for gods sake how many comments/posts/polls do we have to do?)

-Take out Thruster

These two are the major threat of Halo. Sprint is just toxic in this franchise. Atleast in the other Halo's when someone is attempting to evade you can still manage to kill them by a toss of grenades (bounce off a corner of a wall or object) or teammates near by the area. (on my x)

You cant accompolish none of these things because by the time you throw a grenade or get that call out to your teammates the target has already sprinted away.

FIRE: All the 343 staff except for Quinn. Hes the only one there that acknowledge that sprint is a problem. Hes the only one that can lead this franchise to its glory days. Im fed up. I am down for boycotting Halo 5 or anything 343 does at this point. SMH

You're kidding right? Quinn is a cancer for Halo. Just as much as Kevin Franklin is. Have you not seen any if Quinn's tweets recently?

• Upvote (+1) 3

The fuck is Strongholds.

Territories with a random object in the middle and goes straight from one team to the other if captured by that team.

Apparently strongholds is a more immersive form of territories.

Is anyone else surprised that 343 hasn't slipped up and called slayer "deathmatch" at any point?

Is anyone else surprised that 343 hasn't slipped up and called slayer "deathmatch" at any point?

You would think they would call it "War Games Simulation Training Match Number 777766765" for immersion.  :kappa:

Take out any mechanic that leads to ''Evade''.

-Take out Sprint (for gods sake how many comments/posts/polls do we have to do?)

-Take out Thruster

These two are the major threat of Halo. Sprint is just toxic in this franchise. Atleast in the other Halo's when someone is attempting to evade you can still manage to kill them by a toss of grenades (bounce off a corner of a wall or object) or teammates near by the area. (on my x)

You cant accompolish none of these things because by the time you throw a grenade or get that call out to your teammates the target has already sprinted away.

FIRE: All the 343 staff except for Quinn. Hes the only one there that acknowledge that sprint is a problem. Hes the only one that can lead this franchise to its glory days. Im fed up. I am down for boycotting Halo 5 or anything 343 does at this point. SMH

Quinn isn't that great. The worst person by far is josh Holmes. I can Handle just about everyone else.

I also disagree on thruster but I understand why you may not like it. Currently thruster can be used in offensive situations, but it's much more effective to run away with it because having sprint gives the user a reason to run away with it. If sprint wasn't there, players wouldn't be thrustering into anything to get away like the do with sprint. Another problem is that it's distance and short cool down time allow it to be abused more frequently.

The thing is though, all the things wrong with thruster can be fixed unlike sprint. Thruster having a longer cooldown time, shorter distance, and shooting ability would give it more of an offensive nature than what it is now. You could also make it so that if you have less than 3 quarters of your shields left you can't thruster.

why is this game so boring? 

Yeah, I played it for like an hour after the Week 3 Update and I've lost all desire to play it. The newness faded away after Week 1. I probably won't go back on the Beta again.

Such a 'meh' game. Just a few big mechanic changes could make it fun but they've designed the whole game around them so they won't be going anywhere. :trash:

• Upvote (+1) 6

And about the Boltshot, u dont know which weapons coming which are maybe even worse or something. Hopefully they make new good designed weapons for Halo 5 and not only change iconic things like the rocket launcher. Cause nearly all Forerunner Weapons were redundant. 

In H5 you either encounter two of the weapons you're spawning with based on the range, a precision rifle or a power weapon (which you're aware of because the in-game callouts say it about 3 times. Power weapons will be the Hydra, rockets, snipers, or prophets' bane based on the map. I don't think we'll be seeing a lot of new weapons enter the Arena mode of the game. Maybe BTB will see stuff like the Fuel rod and Splaser, but what else can they add that's sandbox breaking? At most we'll see another automatic through the worthless Suppressor? 

Right now we're seeing most of the stuff we'll see at a 4v4 level when the game comes out. We just need to see more objective modes and how they work. Gotta see if CTF, Assault and Oddball don't suck, how automatics are nerfed, how sprint is nerfed, and that's why there should be another beta this summer.

Too little is being tested and too much will be different from when the game actual releases. I'm assuming either objective isn't done yet or it's something 343 doesn't want us to see or give feedback on.

I agree, this game has very little replay value and gets old incredibly quick. I think the problem is real simple: gimmicky things like Spartan abilities get old very fast and mar the replayability of the game. The golden triangle is largely gone and you're w long range gun battles followed by sprint-thruster fests to add a little frustration for good measure. I personally think this will die as quickly as H4 because it just isn't that fun. Not even ranks can save this cluster.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel like they are just doing the beta as a formality at this point. They didn't have one for H4 and people lashed out hard core about it and they had to do a lot of weapon tuning. This time around I feel they are just having a beta to see how things work, maybe they will tweak some weapons or something, but not too much, then say that they received good feedback (regardless of if they do or not) and won't change anything that needs changed. It's too late in the Dev Cycle to change enough of this game to make it what it should be. They would have to put ~2 years of man hours into the game with the <1 year they have left. It's going to be MCC from here on out.

One thing I noticed about Forge maps is that they have call tags above the radar like default maps, so spartan chatter remains useful on it.

One thing I noticed about Forge maps is that they have call tags above the radar like default maps, so spartan chatter remains useful on it.

hopefully they let us customize it with hill markers now. 

hopefully they let us customize it with hill markers now. 

I'm guessing giant zones or something, not unlike death barriers.

EDIT: and a bunch of preset words and names to choose from

I just got pro after 10 games of Stronghold. Nobody is playing this so getting too 200 is easy or this game is broken.

It isn't just 200 players, it's Top 200 in your division if I'm not mistaken.

So lets say you place Pro 1500, you're in the Top 200 for Pro 1500. If you lose a ton and drop out of the Top 200 you will end up in Pro 1499, etc etc.

At least this is how I believe it works, someone feel free to correct me.

You might be playing it wrong.

Find a couple buddies that wear tight t-shirts and invite them over. Make sure you're all seated in on a couch, not a desk chair. Make sure you're playing on a 60" tv or bigger for max immersion (don't worry about input lag). Order pizza. Grab a bong if that's your thing. Pass the control around each game, just make sure to wipe the pizza grease off first. Enjoy the fast paced gameplay, sprint everywhere. Make sure everyone goes ape shit every time someone gets a kill, plenty of fist bumping and yelling should work. And always, ALWAYS, replicate your spartan celebration with the boys after every win.

...oh wait, you aren't casual? GTFO

Good advice actually. :) But every game is fun if you do it that way. lol

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Good advice actually. :) But every game is fun if you do it that way. lol

Casual games are a fun social experience complimented by something to play. Competitive games are a solid game experience complimented by a social experience.

There's a reason casual games are a dime a dozen.