CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

trust me GoW 1 is the greatest of all time 

Gears 3 with slightly nerfed rifles would be untouchable IMO. Movement in the game is so much better than gears 1 and the gnasher spread is definitely atleast on par with the gears 1 shotty if not better. Plus it has basically all the great maps of gears 1. If we only get gears 1 we will have to deal with maps like....rooftops. Sure it was kinda fun in clan matches when you got the HOD and randomly tried to hammer people from your side of the map, but it was pretty awful. Gears 1 on dedicated servers would be soooo good though.

trust me GoW 1 is the greatest of all time 

Truthfact

Plus it has basically all the great maps of gears 1. 

That's kind of like saying 'Blackout is in Halo 3' to Lockout fans. The range of rifles in GoW3 changed the map flow for every GoW1 map.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Isn't Strongholds just like Territories but with what I'm assuming is a more streamlined point system? Something not unlike Destiny's Control or CoD's Domination.

Either way both of these are my favorite mode in FPSes, so sure I welcome it, just don't see why rename it from Territories.

Literally when you get a certain point lead in a row in Strongholds, Jeff says "20 point lead" etc and he sounds like Mickey Mouse off Disney. @@Moa should have the clip soon

Gears 3 with slightly nerfed rifles would be untouchable IMO. Movement in the game is so much better than gears 1 and the gnasher spread is definitely atleast on par with the gears 1 shotty if not better. Plus it has basically all the great maps of gears 1. If we only get gears 1 we will have to deal with maps like....rooftops. Sure it was kinda fun in clan matches when you got the HOD and randomly tried to hammer people from your side of the map, but it was pretty awful. Gears 1 on dedicated servers would be soooo good though.

Gears 1 has gridlock, canals, war machine, mansion, fuel depot, escalation, clocktower and you pick rooftops?

Gears 3 maps were terrible smh https://forums.epicgames.com/threads/884867-Which-Gears-of-War-has-the-best-disc-maps which Quinn probably contributed to :/

Holy shit the new rockets are straight trash. Looks ugly, fires slow, delay on launch after pulling the trigger, low velocity, extremely small blast radius.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It seems 343 didn't learn anything from Halo 4.

-They took out Randomness in general by taking out Infinity Drops, Loadouts etc. but include again Randomness by adding 10 different movement options.

-The Maps are awful caused by including all this new Stuff and again have Sprint in there.

But now Sprint is unlimited with a little nerf which just not help at all.

- Including one feature called "Clamber"  (which is totally unnecessary and  take out skill jumps also) destroy the Maps even more, cause u need to build them with that   in mind.

-343 cant design good Maps, seems to be a fact.

U dont have the effort to push somewhere and just can camp on one place or spend a long time to find enemies.

-343 never supported Team Doubles which have/had a large Audience. They brought it late in Halo 4 and in MCC its still not there.

Halo 5 seems to not support it either. Even further more they delete 4 Player Splitscreen which was in every Halo (i played it a lot).

Also they dont learned that no one likes rotating Playlists. Dont know about Halo 5 yet, but it is in H4 and MCC so it will be probably also in H5.

It's just sad to see the franchise going into a even worse direction.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well Strongholds is the best objective mode that H5 will get IMO. 

CTF, Assault, Oddball and Strongholds for competitive? TS could work if we don't have BR starts, but otherwise I don't see people pushing up enough. Maybe if maps had extra power items on them and faster respawns? I feel like even on a "small" map like Truth, Rockets could be interesting over the Sword, and some sort of power item could be placed bottom mid or somewhere else neutral.

Holy shit the new rockets are straight trash. Looks ugly, fires slow, delay on launch after pulling the trigger, low velocity, extremely small blast radius.

Ermmm, no.

It seems 343 didn't learn anything from Halo 4.

It's just sad to see the franchise going into a even worse direction.

Come on man, it's one thing to dislike H5, but to say we made no progress since Halo 4 is a straight up lie and you know it. At least I know that no one on the other team might have PV or be crouching across the map on top of their base with camo sniper. I also do not have a 80% chance of encountering a Boltshot up close, have ranks to strive for, no custom classes, hidden perks that speed up reload or shield recharge, symmetrical maps for the most part, predictable power weapon drops...

I respect your opinion on H5, but saying H4 was just as good if not better than H5 is bullshit at an objective level.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I don't say that this "leak" was true, I just say that I don't see 343i removintg all the features they added in Halo 4 as "a spartan should be able to sprint", I don't see why they wouldn't allow spartan to see through walls or fly in the air. They also insisted a lot about how the beta was about competitive part of the game only.

I hope I am wrong, seriously.

It took 343 4 years to make h4, if that leak is true, than h5 is an entire arena section and pretty much h4 on the opposite end of it, never mind the fact that this game has only been in development for 2 years at this point and only has 1 more to go. There's just not enough time to make that happen, and if they tried, we would just end up with 3/4s of a game on release, which let's face it, won't happen. The least of what will happen is maybe the file share won't work on launch, as far as functionality is concerned.

I would also be inclined to believe that the way they are referring to the arena is just so we buy it. It's just a buzzword, they've said how multiplayer in general is arena focused already, but it's updated so people will buy it.

Truthfact

That's kind of like saying 'Blackout is in Halo 3' to Lockout fans. The range of rifles in GoW3 changed the map flow for every GoW1 map.

Cmon, the only maps to play terrible in gears 3 were escalation which was always a terrible map from the get go and Raven Down wasn't the GOAT like it was in Gears 1. Gridlock, Clocktower and Bulletmarsh played pretty good IMO. They played a little different but they were still great maps. Edit: Also it's nothing like saying "blackout is in halo 3" because blackout was fundamentally changed in halo 3 while gridlock, clocktower and bulletmarsh are pretty much the same with the only difference being the gameplay.

Gears 1 has gridlock, canals, war machine, mansion, fuel depot, escalation, clocktower and you pick rooftops?

Gears 3 maps were terrible smh https://forums.epicgames.com/threads/884867-Which-Gears-of-War-has-the-best-disc-maps

You link me to a forum post stating that gears of war 2 maps were better than gears 3 maps and nearly as good as the gears of war 1 maps. Am i suppose to rethink what I said because of that poll? Suddenly believe that dynamic events of gears 2 maps were great? Peoples favourite maps in gears 2 were turd maps like blood drive and Jacinto which were camp fests as bad as Overpass on gears 3. My fondest memories of Jacinto and blood drive are people planting grenades on walls and the ground all around their own spawn and camping at the back of it. Great maps.

Ninja is actually starting to speak out about some things. Interesting to see.

ninjas problem is just that he has one hell of a honeymoon phase.

Cmon, the only maps to play terrible in gears 3 were escalation which was always a terrible map from the get go and Raven Down wasn't the GOAT like it was in Gears 1. Gridlock, Clocktower and Bulletmarsh played pretty good IMO. They played a little different but they were still great maps.

You link me to a forum post stating that gears of war 2 maps were better than gears 3 maps and nearly as good as the gears of war 1 maps. Am i suppose to rethink what I said because of that poll? Suddenly believe that dynamic events of gears 2 maps were great? Peoples favourite maps in gears 2 were turd maps like blood drive and Jacinto which were camp fests as bad as Overpass on gears 3. My fondest memories of Jacinto and blood drive are people planting grenades on walls and the ground all around their own spawn and camping at the back of it. Great maps.

Because you mentioned Rooftops when it came to Gears 1 when there were 7 other maps you must know other people think are good that maybe you needed a reminder, gears 2 also had a map pack that included multiple gears of war 1 maps also like gridlock, fuel depot, mansion, canals, war machine so it's on par with gears 1 to a lot of people as the disc maps also had security, ruins, stasis etc. Just seems like you need a reminder of what maps there were.

Thoughts on Strongholds / Pegasus?

The scope seems to aim slower unless that's just me.  Also it's unnecessarily obstructive.

Thoughts on Strongholds / Pegasus?

The scope seems to aim slower unless that's just me.  Also it's unnecessarily obstructive.

as with all aiming in the game.

Not feeling the new Rocket Launcher design, another instant of changing what isn't broken.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ermmm, no.

Maybe it just feels like it because by the time the rocket gets to where you shot it , they already thrusted accross the map.

Come on man, it's one thing to dislike H5, but to say we made no progress since Halo 4 is a straight up lie and you know it. At least I know that no one on the other team might have PV or be crouching across the map on top of their base with camo sniper. I also do not have a 80% chance of encountering a Boltshot up close, have ranks to strive for, no custom classes, hidden perks that speed up reload or shield recharge, symmetrical maps for the most part, predictable power weapon drops...

I respect your opinion on H5, but saying H4 was just as good if not better than H5 is bullshit at an objective level.

Sure, its better than Halo 4. But its not hard to make a better Game than Halo 4. I said already that they took bad random things like perks out, you are right. 

And about the Boltshot, u dont know which weapons coming which are maybe even worse or something. Hopefully they make new good designed weapons for Halo 5 and not only change iconic things like the rocket launcher. Cause nearly all Forerunner Weapons were redundant. Atleast they improved the Lightrifle i. Ranks we had also in 2/3, so like i said make a better Game than Halo 4 is not that hard. But Halo 5 bring so much new things which are just terrifying. We didnt see the whole Game yet and the thoughts about other Part of Halo which brought up here sounds not that this Game is going into the right direction.

I know we nearly got a year to go, but we also know they change nothing beside some nerfing on Elements which are already in.  But we will see

I had my first 100% enjoyable game of Halo 5 today. Everyone in the game was good, no one felt like playing like a bitch and running and thrusting away. It was really weird, I swear half way into the game everyone was just like, "fuck it I'm playing this shit like it's Halo 3." We won 50-48, no one called out but I went 10-14-11.

I'm willing to bet I won't get another game like that.