CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I get notifications whenever someone posts in this thread. Have I accidentally clicked on a setting or something?

You are most likely following the thread. Go to the top on this page, and click unfollow this topic I think? That should fix it

• Upvote (+1) 1

I get notifications whenever someone posts in this thread. Have I accidentally clicked on a setting or something?

Did you click 'Follow this topic' top right of the page?

• Upvote (+1) 1

You probably  started following this thread by accident.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have you not experienced GoW 1? 

I did. Did not enjoy it, AT ALL.

I did enjoy enjoy my time with 3 though.

I did. Did not enjoy it, AT ALL.

I did enjoy enjoy my time with 3 though.

trust me GoW 1 is the greatest of all time 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did you click 'Follow this topic' top right of the page?

You are most likely following the thread. Go to the top on this page, and click unfollow this topic I think? That should fix it

You probably  started following this thread by accident.

Oh you're right, thanks!

My friend (who is in a bit of a honeymoon phase with H5 right now) keeps saying BR starts have ruined Halo 5, but he was in favour of BR starts in previous Halo games. He swears there's something different about it in H5 that makes is terrible for the game. Could anyone tell me what he might be talking about? Is it true that it doesn't work as well, or is he talking nonsense? He says that BR starts in Halo 5 is really "campy". I just can't wrap my head around it.

If that is the direction they want to take Halo then I'm out.

You know it is. 343 is pushing a gametype that has no shields, one-hit melee, and one grenade kills. They are dipping their toes in dangerous waters to see the feedback, but from what we've seen, they're going to ignore the feedback and do what they want anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I remember when I was kinda optimistic about the beta but I haven't played it since the 30th of last month. Absolutely no fiber of my being cares for it. I want to feel bad, but having lost my interest in playing 343alo has felt like pulling a leech off. The beta itself never really made me mad either, it's just absolutely nothing I have interest in. However, it is a side product of MCC and MCC is still awful and I was/am mad about it. Still, having lost the desire to be mad or play feels relieving. It's really nice to end a 2+ year abusive gaming relationship. I'm only going to come crawling back when MCC is actually fixed (doubtful) and H5 is actually good. Otherwise it's just getting a rent for a campaign run. I think I might even go become an off topic forum kid now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Little off topic

Hey guys, just to clarify a point about CS:GO. I see some of you saying that the game has not changed and that old players are happy. A lot of them are not.

A lot of 1.6 and Source players do not like this game because some parts of the game changed a lot, like the new smoke, bullet penetration etc.

The most obvious problem is that matchmaking is running on 64 ticks servers which results in bad hit detection and jumping mechanic.

Moreover, since most of the players do not even browse private servers and changes in the game mechanic, a lot of counter-strike community is not present on CS:GO like surfers for example.

Some of you can say that this is not an issue since you can browse private 128 ticks servers, but the reality is that matchmaking has killed private servers population.

I won't embed the videos as this has nothing to do with Halo but here are some links :

64 ticks bad hit detection : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6X8NHJ-k8E

Issues with bhopping : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmpER7F3Oz0

Smokes are broken as they work through walls :

(1) http://i.imgur.com/xLcavri.jpg

(2) http://i.imgur.com/omzoD6m.jpg

RIP D2 double doors : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryTkxBhZNFs [RIP in peace D2 doors, we won't forget you :'(]

So, in order to link this with Halo and 343i, Counter-Strike has changed a lot and focused on attracting new players in the game. As I agree that they did not do this by adding "immersive" features we can find in "supadupa cool modern fps" nor by changing the core mechanics of the game, they did however applied changes and  CS 1.6 and CSS communities felt like they have not been listened.

I have the feeling that this beta was adressed to us in order to make us say "this game is competitive and feel like Halo #weback" (obviously that is not the case) and then in a few months, more likely during E3, they will unveil the whole multiplayer with loadouts, jetpacks, camo, etc but in the head of most players, at this time Halo will be synonym of competitive shooter. They succeeded, we lost.

Notice that in their videos, when 343 talk about even starts, weapons on map, "no spartan abilities" (lol), they are always mentioning "Arena" which is likely to be the competitive 4v4 part of the game, different from the whole multiplayer experience. They are not lying, they are choosing very carefuly their words.

I can't wait to play Truth CTF with CAMO/DMR/BOLTSHOT loadout.  :salt:

So id be contempt with swapping sprint for the slide feature. I still think people will abuse the shit out of Thrust --> slide- but i think the overall flow and movement would be much healthier to the gameplay.

My friend (who is in a bit of a honeymoon phase with H5 right now) keeps saying BR starts have ruined Halo 5, but he was in favour of BR starts in previous Halo games. He swears there's something different about it in H5 that makes is terrible for the game. Could anyone tell me what he might be talking about? Is it true that it doesn't work as well, or is he talking nonsense? He says that BR starts in Halo 5 is really "campy". I just can't wrap my head around it.

You're less likely to get away with thruster in CQC, which AR starts promotes. Long-range BR battles + Thruster = Campy Gameplay

You're less likely to get away with thruster in CQC, which AR starts promotes. Long-range BR battles + Thruster = Campy Gameplay

Ah OK. Do you think if 343 took the feedback and made thrust distance reaaly short, it would take away any campy aspect that BR starts has?

Little off topic

Hey guys, just to clarify a point about CS:GO. I see some of you saying that the game has not changed and that old players are happy. A lot of them are not.

A lot of 1.6 and Source players do not like this game because some parts of the game changed a lot, like the new smoke, bullet penetration etc.

The most obvious problem is that matchmaking is running on 64 ticks servers which results in bad hit detection and jumping mechanic.

Moreover, since most of the players do not even browse private servers and changes in the game mechanic, a lot of counter-strike community is not present on CS:GO like surfers for example.

Some of you can say that this is not an issue since you can browse private 128 ticks servers, but the reality is that matchmaking has killed private servers population.

I won't embed the videos as this has nothing to do with Halo but here are some links :

64 ticks bad hit detection : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6X8NHJ-k8E

Issues with bhopping : 

Smokes are broken as they work through walls :

(1) http://i.imgur.com/xLcavri.jpg

(2) http://i.imgur.com/omzoD6m.jpg

RIP D2 double doors : 

[RIP in peace D2 doors, we won't forget you :'(]

So, in order to link this with Halo and 343i, Counter-Strike has changed a lot and focused on attracting new players in the game. As I agree that they did not do this by adding "immersive" features we can find in "supadupa cool modern fps" nor by changing the core mechanics of the game, they did however applied changes and  CS 1.6 and CSS communities felt like they have not been listened.

I have the feeling that this beta was adressed to us in order to make us say "this game is competitive and feel like Halo #weback" (obviously that is not the case) and then in a few months, more likely during E3, they will unveil the whole multiplayer with loadouts, jetpacks, camo, etc but in the head of most players, at this time Halo will be synonym of competitive shooter. They succeeded, we lost.

Notice that in their videos, when 343 talk about even starts, weapons on map, "no spartan abilities" (lol), they are always mentioning "Arena" which is likely to be the competitive 4v4 part of the game, different from the whole multiplayer experience. They are not lying, they are choosing very carefuly their words.

I can't wait to play Truth CTF with CAMO/DMR/BOLTSHOT loadout.  :salt:

I doubt the game will be split, the halo 5 section of that leak has already been pretty inaccurate, what with not predicting spartan abilities and getting the name of the mode wrong. I'm not even sure if they predicted that there would be a beta.

I have a feeling that when 343 releases the so called feedback servery there will be no questions asking if you want sprint removed. They would not want to go through the controversy of hiding the results from the public. 

I doubt the game will be split, the halo 5 section of that leak has already been pretty inaccurate, what with not predicting spartan abilities and getting the name of the mode wrong. I'm not even sure if they predicted that there would be a beta.

Pretty sure they did call the beta. Although, that probably had more to do with them knowing about the MCC than H5 itself. 

H5 is not much of a beta. They are giving people the illusion of being involved in the development by letting them vote for power weapons or maps to be tested. If they lets us vote on controversial topics that they avoid like a politician such as sprint vs no sprint ADS no ADS then I would called this demo a beta test.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Has there been any word on us being able to toggle sprint on/off in customs in the final game?

They're not responding to anything to do with Sprint or any big mechanics, really. We won't know until what's happening to the final game several months down the road.

I don't say that this "leak" was true, I just say that I don't see 343i removintg all the features they added in Halo 4 as "a spartan should be able to sprint", I don't see why they wouldn't allow spartan to see through walls or fly in the air. They also insisted a lot about how the beta was about competitive part of the game only.

I hope I am wrong, seriously.