CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

H5 has already 113k preorders. Godammit.

Who would pre order this game after the MCC disaster? Buy it if you want but pre order? No.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Halo died a long time ago. The best thing we can hope for now is a dignified funeral.

I would say we are in the reviving process right now, would not say we are alive or dead. But we will be put back to square one if Sprint is in H5G

It's funny, I dealt with a work-related issue and it made me think of 343 immediately.

Boss: Hey, we need more routers, can you order some?

Me: Yeah, I'll contact IT and ask them which ones we should get

Boss: Why, just ask around the office?

Me: IT knows what they're doing. Everyone else in the office don't care and will likely choose a bad one

Boss: Oh okay, that makese sense. / 343: No, you have to ask the majority!

HAHA, I swear this happens to me (I'm a software engineer/developer) on a weekly basis.

Halo 5: Guardians

Hmmmm... That sounds familiar...

Maybe they hit up Bungie for help and are doing a Halo/Destiny crossover, lol.

#Imagine?!

I would say we are in the reviving process right now, would not say we are alive or dead. But we will be put back to square one if Sprint is in H5G

Reviving process?

Come on man, stop kidding yourself. MCC is 60+ days old, still broken as hell, H2A still plays like absolute garbage and only has 3 viable tournament maps, there's no evidence of a Midship or Beaver Creek remake yet there is for Relic, and Halo 5 is LITERALLY Advanced Warfare with shields and post game dudebro high fives and "Spartan chatter".

Seriously? Reviving? In what universe is Halo anything but asphyxiating on it's own vomit right now?

i just heard in the spartan chatter playing on regret "killed by a sniper" even the chatter is broke as fuck. Also, there wasn't any woman in my team why they have to mix that?

Reviving process?

Come on man, stop kidding yourself. MCC is 60+ days old, still broken as hell, H2A still plays like absolute garbage and only has 3 viable tournament maps, there's no evidence of a Midship or Beaver Creek remake yet there is for Relic, and Halo 5 is LITERALLY Advanced Warfare with shields and post game dudebro high fives and "Spartan chatter".

Seriously? Reviving? In what universe is Halo anything but asphyxiating on it's own vomit right now?

I am not saying to not acknowledge MCC's broken launch or anything, if the game worked then we would have a lot more people on board. But what I am saying is that Halo CE 2 and 3 are still thriving with players, and that is what matters the most to me right now. Competitive is currently in the reviving process as of now, it has been hindered by MCC and the shit H2A, but it will all be for nothing if H5 has Sprint. Nobody will want to play a CoD hybrid. Only the pros will play, and the growth/viewership will be minimal. If they really want Halo to come back, they need to remove Sprint and buff the base speed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am not saying to not acknowledge MCC's broken launch or anything, if the game worked then we would have a lot more people on board. But what I am saying is that Halo CE 2 and 3 are still thriving with players, and that is what matters the most to me right now. Competitive is currently in the reviving process as of now, it has been hindered by MCC and the shit H2A, but it will all be for nothing if H5 has Sprint. Nobody will want to play a CoD hybrid. Only the pros will play, and the growth/viewership will be minimal. If they really want Halo to come back, they need to remove Sprint and buff the base speed.

Facts +Rep

Conspiracy theory:

With 343 pushing Breakout mode, I suspect 343 is testing the waters to see if players would accept faster kill times in order to push for instant kill times in Halo 6 to compete with CoD.

I was wondering why they didn't just make that game mode the default. Halo "needs" to evolve, so it would only make sense to remove the old shield mechanic in order to get instant kills. That argument can legitimize anything. And it would properly play better than the H5 anyway (because the antagonistic relation between sprint and shield would be gone), although nothing like a Halo game. I am willing to bet 10 $ that this will be the direction of H6.

If that is the direction they want to take Halo then I'm out. Breakout is not fun for me at all in its current form.

Take out any mechanic that leads to ''Evade''.

-Take out Sprint (for gods sake how many comments/posts/polls do we have to do?)
-Take out Thruster

These two are the major threat of Halo. Sprint is just toxic in this franchise. Atleast in the other Halo's when someone is attempting to evade you can still manage to kill them by a toss of grenades (bounce off a corner of a wall or object) or teammates near by the area. (on my x)

You cant accompolish none of these things because by the time you throw a grenade or get that call out to your teammates the target has already sprinted away.

FIRE: All the 343 staff except for Quinn. Hes the only one there that acknowledge that sprint is a problem. Hes the only one that can lead this franchise to its glory days.  Im fed up. I am down for boycotting Halo 5 or anything 343 does at this point. SMH

MCC really could have been a teriffic way to kill sprint and make people remember what Halo was like.

I mean if you're playing Halo 1, 2 and 3 all year you're not gonna miss sprint at all . Granted MCC has Halo 4 but I really think 343 could have gotten sprint out of everyone's system in the gap between MCCs launch and Halo 5s launch.

FIRE: All the 343 staff except for Quinn. Hes the only one there that acknowledge that sprint is a problem. Hes the only one that can lead this franchise to its glory days.  Im fed up. I am down for boycotting Halo 5 or anything 343 does at this point. SMH

He's actually defended Sprint on multiple occasions.

• Upvote (+1) 2

People on waypoint believe that BR  starts are what is ruining halo 5, and is to some extent what ruined halo thoughts ? ................ lol

they claim it ruins map flow and promotes camping

Just like to state this is not my opinion

People on waypoint believe that BR  starts are what is ruining halo 5, and is to some extent what ruined halo? thoughts................ lol

Hey if they wanna go back to AR/Pistol starts then go for it. Just gimme the TSK pistol back and they can keep their ARs

• Upvote (+1) 3

People on waypoint believe that BR  starts are what is ruining halo 5, and is to some extent what ruined halo? thoughts................ lol

• Upvote (+1) 5

Inb4 Halo 6 has no shields because "Spartans have evolved to be able to dodge bullets even more effectively now, fucking MATRIX style!"

#Halo6:ModernWarfare

I'm calling it right now, and no one wants to hear it until it happens, but 343 will probably put grenade cooking, prone, and full on ADS in Halo 6. The fanboys (who currently aren't claiming Halo needs those things, but will act like Halo always needed them when they're actually put in the game) will have their excuses lined up:

Grenade cooking: "I'm a super-soldier, I should be able to hold grenades if I want to. Also, it adds depth and skill because now you have to think about whether you want to throw the nade straight away, or hold onto it for a few seconds. And it's balanced because it's possible to mess it up. Halo can't be archaic forever".

Prone: "I'm a super-soldier, I should be able to lie on the floor if I want to. Also, it adds depth and skill because now you have an extra tactical option, which you can master and use to your advantage. And it's balanced because you become vulnerable when you choose to use it, so it well set apart the good players from the bad players. Halo can't be primitive forever".

Full on ADS: "Every shooter has ADS that functions this way, so Halo shouldn't be any different in 2018. It adds skill because now you have to consider the trade-off between movement and shooting accuracy. It's 2018 not 2007".

Someone will probably be tempted to tell me that 343 wouldn't go that far. All I have to say to that is lol and pat you on the head for that little hint of condescension.

@@Pyroteq, I can't find the post, but I saw you said Breakout's faster kill-times is probably 343's way of testing the waters to see if they can give us CoD kill-times in Halo 6. I completely agree. And it's not just the kill-times, but the way they seem to want to use SMG and AR starts (mixed with ADS tightening spread when scoped) as much as possible.

• Upvote (+1) 8

So uh, when is the new Gears coming out? I am itching for a GoW 1 remake after all of this BS with Halo recently.

Please not GOW1..

That hit detection was god awful.

Please not GOW1..

That hit detection was god awful.

GoW 1 was probably the best along with 3. Obviously it would have updated netcode and dedis. Nothing like blindfiring someone across Canals

• Upvote (+1) 1

GoW 1 was probably the best along with 3. Obviously it would have updated netcode and dedis. Nothing like blindfiring someone across Canals

Uhhh..why not just port GoW3 and get new maps? Lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1