CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'm affraid the button for Thruster pack will be used for other abilities like it was for jetpack, shield, camo etc... This can't be only for thruster pack in the whole game as they won't take camo and all the shitty spartan abilities out of the game imo. Who need power ups on maps when you can just spawn with them.

If they are saying "a spartan should be able to run", don't expect them to take previous features off the game, as "a spartan should be able to see through walls, use his jetpack or turn his shield on".

I'm so impatient to see what waypointers will say when 343 will show the whole multiplayer and that this will imo obviously look like Halo 4.

This is essentially what I said the other day when I brought up the possibility of other playlists that many people haven't probably thought about vis a vis Halo 5's default mechanics, not to mention the other BS that will alarmist assuredly accompany the non-competitive "arena-style" portion of multiplayer.

Sprint speeds up gameplay, leading to cat and mouse encounters, which make the game interesting.

I want to live on a different planet 

Oh... And someone joined the channel and said "This game just looks like every other Halo..."

People who aren't familiar with a thing don't know what they hell they are talking about.

Big ska fan here - I've heard that same line a million times about ska bands from the uninformed. Because yes, clearly Streetlight Manifest sounds exactly like The Toasters. SMH.

And this is why 343i should put zero effort into impressing people who don't like Halo.

WTF @ starting a search, instantly finding 7 other people, and immediately someone quits out/dashboards... literally, this happens 99% of the time for me.

I mean what, is there always ONE PRICK who thinks, "nope, don't like these players / their ranks" and restarts the search? Do these would-be abortions really think there's enough people playing that they'll find their "perfect match" if they try again?

Ugh.

WTF @ starting a search, instantly finding 7 other people, and immediately someone quits out/dashboards... literally, this happens 99% of the time for me.

I mean what, is there always ONE PRICK who thinks, "nope, don't like these players / their ranks" and restarts the search? Do these would-be abortions really think there's enough people playing that they'll find their "perfect match" if they try again?

Ugh.

Dumb oversight. Ranks should be hidden until players are locked in to prevent people finding easier players to level off.

Ugh.

I think it has more to do with the whole can never fill a 8th person glitch, they dashboard out, then the system sees theres only 6 in the lobby so adds another, you see the tail end of them leaving just as you join.  the cycle continues...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whatever the case, it's annoying. Just checked to see what my NAT rating was; it was "Moderate" for some odd reason, likely because the router here isn't my own/usual one and I haven't properly set up port-forwarding/UPnP, given my XBONE a SIP, etc.

Regardless, I hope this at least lessens the aforementioned annoying occurrence.

Does it happen so often for anyone else (like literally almost every time)? Prior to today, it only happened once in a while. I'd usually get a match almost instantly without issue...

Seriously, let's talk about Counter Strike.

Had almost 4 million unique players in November (last time I played CS).

CS isn't like following the same core gameplay mechanics for like 15 years? Its pretty fucking popular and competitive for a game that doesn't have sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 4

CS isn't like following the same core gameplay mechanics for like 15 years? Its pretty fucking popular and competitive for a game that doesn't have sprint.

It has everything to do with Bungie/343 wanting to be different. The moment they got in a room and started to design Halo 2 and discuss the pistol returning and ultimately voting against it the series was doomed. They don't want the media to write about how "Halo fans will definitely love this new Halo game, it's more Halo!", they want them to write about how they are doing things differently and are going to appeal to more people.  

Too bad that any new players they get to buy the game will just abandon it right after the next big CoD comes out and the hardcore Halo fans don't even bother with it.

It's akin to, in an alternate universe, where CoD is simply what Counter Strike became after the developers kept making new games but wanting them to be different enough. The original CS fans are no longer interested at all and the new fans have such short attention spans that they don't keep the game alive, competitively or casually. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I put Victory's stream on for 1 minute and watched him thruster to safety 5 times. :bravo:

it definitely needs a good nerf, it encourages running away because you can't use it offensively as well as you can defensively. Shortening the distance and/or speed and allowing us to shoot while doing it would be good IMO.

Hey everyone, I've used the search bar and can't find if anyone has posted this before so I apologise if someone has. I've also tried posting this on Waypoint, but everyone there are too busy circle jerking and my posts get swallowed up too quickly. 

I've read almost 50 pages after Josh Holmes spoke about how sprint is immersive and what not in that thread and I hold very close views to a lot of people here about sprint. I won't go into detail about sprint, because lets face it, what's new to say? However, since Halo 5 has been in development for about two years, is it wise to let 343 do their thing and keep sprint implemented for the sake of the campaign? I imagine that's why it's such a touchy subject for 343 because they've spent so much time and money on the campaign to just take it out. There could also be some parts in the campaign where sprint is needed and impossible to progress without it. Even though multiplayer has much more replay-ability it's still silly to not take it out. What my point of this post is to not justify sprint, it's to propose we push for 343 to implement something else. Now back in Halo 3 we had a lot of communities thriving because we had really good customization. MLG could alter pre-existing map's spawns and weapon layouts to make the perfect competitive map or they could alter the gametype to suit a specific map (just like how CTF on the Pit had disabled flag return time, but Narrows and Onslaught were 3 seconds). In the gametype options there were some other settings like this:

Primary Weapon = Battle Rifle

Shield Recharge Rate = 90%

Damage Modifier = 110%

Player Speed = 110%

Motion Tracker = Off

etc

You get the point. We could change nearly all of the settings to suit what style of play we wanted. What if we could do this in Halo 5 as well? But not just player speed. What if we had the ability to toggle on or off all of the spartan abilities and be able to have barebones Halo 5. No sprint, no slide, no shoulder charge, ground pound, you name it and have it all listed under the game type settings. I've jumped around all of the maps in Halo 5 without sprinting and you can make most of them with just the thruster. You do need to clamber on a select few, but not very many. This wouldn't only just work for competitive settings, it would also help thrive other communities like ForgeHub. I remember ForgeHub being a huge forging community right up until you could no longer change all of the settings. Imagine if there were good maps in Halo 4 and we had the ability to turn off sprint, ordinance and loadouts? I personally would have played the game much longer than I had. 

Would this work out? Would this help 343 cater to all types of players, including us?

I feel like a bunch of people have proposed this, I mean it would change the game obviously. They can make their shit game, we can turn it in to our own. INB4 343 shoots this idea down because of the risk of splitting population, and their own God forsaken pride. "No we can't do that? This is our game waaaaa" or something of the sorts. Nonetheless we should support this idea 100% as a viable option.

H5 has already 113k preorders. Godammit. 

If the population is even half that after a year ill be surprised. 

I want to live on a different planet

I saw that one. Another planet isn't far away enough for me. When I saw that post, I wanted to be in a different universe.

I saw that one. Another planet isn't far away enough for me. When I saw that post, I wanted to be in a different universe.

What about a whole other dimension where Halo has had the competitive progression that COD/CS/DOTA/LOL has had ?  :weback:  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 2

If the population is even half that after a year ill be surprised. 

Hell I'll be surprised if it's half that 4 months after release and 1/4th that a year after release.

But dude, Counter Strike hasn't EVOLVED. It has no #immersion and I definitely don't FeelLikeASpartan™

It's only ranked 5th on Twitch.TV and Halo is in 37th place. That's better... right?

I mean, holy shit. Halo 5 is in fucking beta with pros playing and there are less people watching that than freakin' MCC.

There are currently more people watching some Mexian/Spanish dude playing fucking Halo 2 campaign than Roy playing the Halo 5 beta.

I know it's not peak hour for Americans to be on Twitch right now, but holy shit, you'd never expect a HD remastered game that barely even functions to have more viewers on Twitch than a game with beta access.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Oh shiiiiiiiiit it better have, orion looked like a backwards, extended The Cage

2months later since this vid was made 

thoughts? now that we have all played the beta.  

AW is a lot more smoother than Halo 5 hahaha

God I feel bad saying that but oh well.

thoughts? now that we have all played the beta.  

I honestly don't understand how people can say that Halo isn't turning into CoD after playing both games and watching that video. It's disgusting just how much Halo 5 rips from CoD, Titan Fall and Destiny.

Conspiracy theory:

With 343 pushing Breakout mode, I suspect 343 is testing the waters to see if players would accept faster kill times in order to push for instant kill times in Halo 6 to compete with CoD.

*puts on tin foil hat*

• Upvote (+1) 2