CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

What about map design? If the map is designed with Sprint in mind, those who can't sprint due to a previous encounter can't go to a safer position while the maps are huge. In the other hand, you can't have classic maps with sprint. Imagine a small sized classic map, then add unlimited sprint + truster. 

For example, 4v4, you and I fight in the middle, you kill me but I leave you one shot. You can't sprint or go faster to a safe zone near your team, while in the other hand there's 3 opponents that can go all around the map and finish you off. Yeah, you have 3 teammates, but that doesn't mean they'll guarantee you cover. If its Br starts plus an open map it'll be really easy to finish you off. Understandably, you shouldn't get away due to the bad positioning you have in the middle of the map. But this theory can apply in most places in the game.

Pink 2, one shot, you can't sprint, you'll get guys sprinting at you ready to throw nades, groundpound you, charge at you, etc.

From my perspective Sprint is quite an issue, and when you try to balance it there's still some issues that most of us can't see until we play it. 

Also, from my perspective, not being able to sprint for not having full shields won't work that well, and might even piss off a lot of people.

In both those situations, you're punished for taking damage. What's the problem? That's how the game always was.

It's not hard to block off someone sprinting your way with how good the grenades are in H5. The shield recharge isn't more than 4 seconds. There's nothing wrong with punishing people for taking damage that leaves them in a dangerous position... that's how it's always been. Not to mention if someone chases you with sprint and you hit them with a grenade, they can't keep sprinting to chase you. It's not that hard.

If I'm one shot away from all my team and surrounded by enemies I deserve what's coming my way, whether I got a kill or not. Those aren't issues. That's why setups exists, whether you opt to chase certain kills or not to, etc. it just makes it harder, I'm sure people will complain. But it's not hard to understand and fixes most of sprint's issues.

Maps aren't that big and it can be fixed with a buffed run speed.

Really haven't had the urge to get on the last few days, but again I get Eden 9/10 times.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This article was before RoS, when they continued to ruin the game, and not listen to the good feedback that was being given on their forums, and people getting so fed up that most stopped playing and even the MVP's (I can't remember what they use to be called) got so fed up they quit their position with the Diablo forum to actively speak out against how bad everything they were doing was.

Auction House actually was a good idea, but they screwed it up themselves.

Regardless of whether or not you feel they did "enough" to make Diablo III a better game, they actively improved the game with patches and listened to community feedback. As a Diablo fan who has owned D3 since the first day and owns all the expansions, I feel it is leaps and bounds above where it was from launch and is at least respectable and enjoyable in its own right.

The Halo gods have a cruel sense of irony.

For years we've been begging for a reduction in kill times, we finally get a slight one and now all the casual players bred on Halo games with crazy long kill times are legitimately arguing the kill times are too short. I'm seeing it everywhere.

http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2rse9w/kill_times_for_all_weapons_in_the_h5_beta/

There's the thread for weapon times.

Also I'm streaming and doing the "no sprint challenge" in the H5 beta at www.twitch.tv/matclan for anyone who might care to support that.

Now, there is no doubt in my mind that the automatics have too fast of a kill time for anybody that can aim upwards.

Really haven't had the urge to get on the last few days, but again I get Eden 9/10 times.

Oddly enough it is my Call of Duty friend who is playing Halo 5 Beta more than I am. I have logged in two games in seven days, and I am not planning on playing any more while I have Super Smash now. 

1. It would have to not allow players to get from point A to point B any quicker than in sprintless Halo, as it makes holding power positions completely impossible. This rules out the "only when 100% shields" idea. Not only that, but this means that turning sprint into an offensive-only tool STILL would not work.

Do you realize that this entire line of logic is the reason you can't convince 343 to remove to sprint

The entire "holding power positions" meta is boring as fuck to watch and even more boring to play

MS/343 is clearly trying to get itself on the esports hype train but it's never ever going to work if your game has the tempo of a golf match

Have you ever stopped and watched some H2A tournament gameplay and asked yourself if maybe it's way too easy to hold down a defensive position on the map?

If the most complex design workable in your fps is "shooty open box with basically no walls and only 2 floors" is the only map design that can work for your game there's something extremely wrong with your game

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The Halo gods have a cruel sense of irony.

For years we've been begging for a reduction in kill times, we finally get a slight one and now all the casual players bred on Halo games with crazy long kill times are legitimately arguing the kill times are too short. I'm seeing it everywhere.

I'm still one to think that the AR is stupid OP...

In both those situations, you're punished for taking damage. What's the problem? That's how the game always was.

It's not hard to block off someone sprinting your way with how good the grenades are in H5. The shield recharge isn't more than 4 seconds. There's nothing wrong with punishing people for taking damage that leaves them in a dangerous position... that's how it's always been. Not to mention if someone chases you with sprint and you hit them with a grenade, they can't keep sprinting to chase you. It's not that hard.

If I'm one shot away from all my team and surrounded by enemies I deserve what's coming my way, whether I got a kill or not. Those aren't issues. That's why setups exists, whether you opt to chase certain kills or not to, etc. it just makes it harder, I'm sure people will complain. But it's not hard to understand and fixes most of sprint's issues.

Maps aren't that big and it can be fixed with a buffed run speed.

It's not really the same compared to the previous games, because most of them didn't have sprint. Taking an ability away because I have 95% shields while everyone around me can go sprint/trust around the map without getting hit isn't exactly the best balance we can get. I get shot with the magnum, once, across the map, while being in a good position, I can't sprint. I don't see why I should be punished when I got shot once across the map while in theory I'm not really in a bad position. Of course, I'm not in danger compared not being able to sprint in the middle of the map.

I just believe Sprint is extremely hard to balance, and that type of balance wouldn't work that well.

EDIT: Or... Sprint can't be balanced, and we just get rid of it hahahaha.

Sprint- It's nice but it ruins the Halo Experience. Sprint takes away skill and destroys the pace of the game. I'd be happy to see it go or be a Campaign/Firefight only thing.

Ground Pound- I actually enjoy this one but it tends to be overly strong. All I'd want changed in the ground pound would be a reduce on the radius of damage.

Slide- If Sprint were to go this should also follow, its really annoying and its virtually useless unless making custom forge maps that focus around that.

ADS- I wouldn't care too much if this was left in but I'd like to see it go back to normal. It's a cool feature but it really removes the competitive aspect of the game.

Bullets- I personally prefer a projectile based system like Halo 3 had. Leading shots increases the skill gap immensely and makes getting double, triple, overkills, etc more worth while. The bullets in Halo 4 and 5 are really too easy to aim.

Hover- I don't like floating in the air when I aim. I prefer to lead my shots with my left stick often (especially while sniping) and aiming down the sights and falling was always a big part of those quick snipes. Being able to hover has very little benefit and you fall the second you get descoped. Halo would be much better without it.

Descope- I honestly love that, that needs to stay for sure. The only players opposed to that are most likely bad players.

Shoulder Charge- If there is one thing all my friends can agree on is that the shoulder charge is just insanely annoying. Its normally a last stand (you know you'll most likely die) scenario and you use it in hope that you'll take down your opponents shields and confuse them.

Maps- So far the maps are really nice, I'd like to recommend Guardian, Narrows or Citadel as possible remakes.

Game Modes- Halo 4 had a pretty poor variety of game modes (and their usage in playlists was awful) I'd like to see a large number of playlists featured in Halo 5 such as: Assault (not griff ball), Ricochet, CTF, Slayer, MVP, Juggernaut, KOTH, Infection (not flood) and possibly Territories.

Customization- If I could get anything changed guaranteed this would be the one. Almost everyone I know was disappointed with Halo MCC, only being able to pick a set of armor ruins the individuality of having one. Halo 5 is slightly better but id much rather go back to the system of "Head", "Body" "Left Shoulder" "Right Shoulder" and "Visor". The limited customizations is really a let down.

Elites- I know this is a very mixed topic for every one. A lot of people hate playable elites in multiplayer because of their bogus hitboxes and that elites are normally played by 8 year olds that are bad at the game. I personally enjoy playing as an elite and indo every chance I have. If playable elites were not an option I'd love to see a work around such as Spartan armor than is similar to an elites without being "game breaking" I'm sure it would also make Vic DeLeon happy as well!

AR/BR start- This is probably my favorite thing about Halo 5 so far. This is how the game is meant tone played. My only recommendation on that is to keep it exactly the way it is.

Assassinations- I've hated these since they were added in Reach, its a sense of false pride and a waste of time. In Halo 5 its easy to accidentally slip into the animation for the assassination. I would like to see the time it takes to start the animation increase slightly so that doesn't happen on accident.

Weapons- So far I feel that the AR is a little bit too strong, the spread needs to be increased and the damage needs to be decreased (and apart scope done away with) I've seen many players choosing the AR over the BR/DMR due to its strength and little skill required to use. The DMR (as always) seems too strong compared to the BR, I'd like the rate of fire to be slowed down

Callouts- I like the Spartans giving out call outs, its helpful at times and generally useful. I also like the call outs on top of the mini map. I really dislike the weapon call outs with a passion though, saying 30 seconds (twice) and ten seconds (twice) is really annoying and makes casual players go for weapons they're just going to waste and wouldn't pick up otherwise.

Beginning and ending animations- If you have a clan or a competitive team it would be really cool to have your own logo instead of "Red team" or "Blue Team". Also, being able to select which ending animation you do (and earning new ones by rank) would be a really nice feature.

Power weapons: So far the Hydra seems like a decent gun, I wouldn't change anything about it besides lessening the lock on. The Sniper feels fine (besides the ADS animation). The prophets bane is really annoying though. Instead of using it skillfully most players just bum rush with their thruster pack for a guaranteed kill 75% of the time.

Battle indicators- I'd like to see that make a comeback. When I do play solo I'd like to see what's happening by my teammates just by looking at their Service Tag.

Service tag- I like having the ability to make it up to four characters but I am disappointed that four is the minimum and maximum you can have. I've used "U74" as my service tag ever since Halo 2 and Halo 5 doesn't allow me the option to use that. I have to use xU74 to match the 4Min/4Max

Emblems- Where are the emblems? I realize that this is a Beta but having an emblem is nice. Same as the service tag I've used my same emblem for a very long time and I would like to continue using it.

DLC Armor- Having DLC packs of armor later in the game would be nice. It would keep the feel a lot more fresh (and bringing back Hayabusa with the Katana would be amazing). Armor variant packs would also be a great addition (different versions of currently existing armor) adding a backpack to the NightFall/ODST armor would be a great example.

Grenades- Currently they are way too spamable and overly abused. Less grenades on the map would speed up the game play a lot. Also, the grenade getting shot out of your hand is really annoying considering that its unintended. I'd also like to see a larger variety of grenades, the incendiary grenade would make a great come back!

Load times- For the most part they are fine. Bit going from an active lobby back to the main menu shouldn't have a 2 minutes load time, its annoying and could easily be fixe. The time it takes to go from full match made Lobby to game is actually really short though.

Dynamic Map effects- Even though these aren't always the most competitive they're a nice edition. Halo 5 is severely lacking this. Many of the Halo 3 maps had dynamic things you could do to (slightly) change the gameplay. Not essential but really nice. Gears of War 2 is also a really good example (Map that rained razor hail, map that gets covered in snow etc)

Dying- I'd really like an option to toggle kill cams off, they're annoying and inaccurate. Aside from them having no benefit to me as a player they actually take away my ability of seeing what happens around my body after I die (which is important information). Also the music that plays when you die is distracting and just needless. I don't think that the music should be removed but toggled.

Prefered Searches- This is something that's been missing from halo for a while. Having the option to prioritize search for people that speak your language or people with a good connection. That's a really nice feature when you live in Florida (there's a lot of Spanish speaking players)

Party Matchmaking- At the moment it is extremely slow and borderline broken when searching with friends. Solo I can find a game in a letter of seconds but in a group environment you may have to re-search multiple times before finding a game.

One thing that should be clear to people, even for hardcore fans of the series, 343 is trying to make a new, fun for everyone, game. Emphasize NEW. If you think about it it would kind of stink if they just made a bunch of Halo 3 remakes with more maps and stuff, and that seems to be what people inadvertantly want. That would make the franchise like Call of Duty, releasing very similar stuff each and every time. 343 wants to make its own stamp on the Halo frachize. Also they are kind of a new company, they have not been doing games as long as Bungie has and they are trying to make the best game possible by listening to people's feedback and trying to meet people's demands. That said here is my feedback on the Halo 5 Multiplayer Beta:

Movement: So far I am ok with sprint and I like how they added the delayed recharge to balance that out. Thruster feels a little too powerful and ways I may balance it maybe would be to make the distance you thrust a little shorter, by maybe a foot or two, and make its recharge a little slower. I do unlike other fans, think these options belong in Halo 5 and make it unique. I would not change ground pound or charge or slide, those are good when used well and can be ignored or used to their full potential without it being overpowered.

Weapons: I think the kill times could be decreased a little over all with the base weapons. Having slower kill times makes easier to come back in a gun fight even if you got shot first, and it is very hard to do that in the Halo 5 Beta. For instance if I go somewhere on the map and then get shot in the back 2 times from a BR for instance, it feels like I'm a deer in headlights and that I am practically dead and have to thruster away, and thats no fun. Descoping works well for guns and thats all dandy and I am ok with it. One thing I am not ok with though is the increased accuracy with automatics. I really liked how in previous games you had your hipfire and when that crosshair was red you were at the affective distance and that is where it would be most accurate. Now with the increased accuracy it extends their range, defeating its purpose for being in the CQC role. I think it should be that you can still zoom in but it does not affect acuracy, just so you can make darn sure your aiming center mass before you get shot at and descope. BR and DMR functioned how they are supposed to, BR close-mid range, DMR mid-long range, both have destinct play styles to be used with. However I think the DMR should have little to no recoil because it does not help wiht long range fights. The light rifle was interesting, its power was in the middle of a standard weapon and a power weapon. This is ok because you can not start with it since there are not loadouts and stuff, you just have to be able to go get it. The pistol is a weird one though. I do not like aiming wiht that scope because it is hard to see the center and there was almost no aim assist on it, and I think it should still have some aim assist since you use it as a precision weapon till you get something better like a BR. The sniper is clunky to me. I'm not a pro sniper of any means, but It fires too slow and has a little too much recoil. Also I do not like how they made the zoom in sensitivity way low, it needs to be just a little slower than regular hip fire sensitivity, othwise it's good. Thats it for the Weapons (I know that was a little too long).

Controls: Control schemes were good, button placement was ok. The part where there is little to no aim assist I am not a fan of it (because I am not so great at aiming anyway) but I think it provites a nice skill gap that I can get behind (except I think there should be more aim assist on the pistol zoomed in). One issue that I CAN NOT STAND is the fact that you can not turn off vibration. It's too destracting to me especially with the Xbox One controller's impulse triggers (feels extra yucky). I hope the add it in when the game comes out and I think there would be no reason not to because almost every game has that option. I'm sure I'm not the only one who does not like it, especially the pros who play without it. That's it for the Controls.

Visuals: The visuals are gorgeos, gorgeos I say. I wish they told nobody about it being in 720p and just had this as the final thing because it looks darn good enough, then when the game comes out they will be like after a while "Uh you guys know its in 720p right?" and people will finally realize that resolution is not always what makes a game pretty. I kind of wish they stuck with the original shape they had for the scope for the BR and not this strange red dot ish sight because it kind of makes it seem like the gun is meant for close range only, which it is not. Also I noticed that they did away with the guns and reticle being lower on the screen and centered everything, which I kind of miss. The maps look pretty good though most of them have pretty icky sight lines for mid, it seems like it is never a good thing to go mid (exept for the map Regret) which should not be the case. Thats it for the Visuals.

Over all: 343i you did a great job with the Beta and should not pay attention to the haters saying Halo is becoming Call of Duty, because it really is not. Keep up the good work (AND LET ME DISABLE VIBRATION :) )!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Do you realize that this entire line of logic is the reason you can't convince 343 to remove to sprint

The entire "holding power positions" meta is boring as fuck to watch and even more boring to play

MS/343 is clearly trying to get itself on the esports hype train but it's never ever going to work if your game has the tempo of a golf match

Have you ever stopped and watched some H2A tournament gameplay and asked yourself if maybe it's way too easy to hold down a defensive position on the map?

If the most complex design workable in your fps is "shooty open box with basically no walls and only 2 floors" is the only map design that can work for your game there's something extremely wrong with your game

Thats the thing though, Right now H2A tournaments happen to suffer from only 3 competitive maps which 2 of are notorious for standoffs, with or without sprint.

With sprint,  Theres basicly no incentive to leave your base in any of the maps they have showcased, so think of all those slow ass golf maps you think of,  Now all Maps are like that,  Map control has been made into a arbitrary thing, no real reason to seek it, especially considering the increased kill times on starting weapons and piss poor power weapons,  So by your logic they are being counter-intuitive.

I'm still one to think that the AR is stupid OP...

I've felt that the automatics are fine. I hope this doesn't come off as condescending as that's not my intention, but do you think you might just be used to automatics being pretty much useless due to the last 4 Halo games?

In my opinion I've found the automatics to be useable instead of nearly useless, but that's about it. I can live with useable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is a great post, but you are wrong about 343 not caring about population counters. They do care. Population counters show exactly how well their game is doing. Week 1 sales numbers are always nice, and each new Halo iteration usually breaks the last record due to increasing saturation of gaming as a hobby, but that is where the success for new Halo titles ends. All you have to do is compare the paragraph about sales between say, Halo 3 and Halo 4 on wikipedia and you can read the disaster through Wikipedia's chirpy reporting. It's obvious that Halo 4 lost all momentum in sales and population relative to Halo 3 after release. 343 do care about this, because, at the very least, Microsoft cares.

Halo is supposed to be one of Xbox's most foremost flagship titles. It's supposed to be a license to print money. They care just as much, if not more, about DLC sales, because they get to charge lots of money for relatively little (price:content ratio compared to a full game release) without incurring all the costs that come with making physical copies. A terrible game like Halo 4 that the community largely abandons means no DLC dollars. A drop off in sales after the inital sales period means less lifetime money for the franchise, plus a tarnishing of its reputation which again hurts the image, and therefore income, of the series.

You can tell they panicked slightly after Halo 4 because Microsoft decided to greenlight the MCC to get their core/oldschool fanbase interested, and they also elected to stress how Halo 5 would be a back to its roots arena shooter. The only area where Microsoft went wrong was asking 343 to make both games. 343 are a terrible company. I have never had so much disgust for a company responsible for something I love in my entire life. Hate is a strong word, but I really do hate everyone working there. Not them as people or individuals - I couldn't give a fuck about their lives outside of their jobs. It's irrelevant. I hate what they represent. I hate the arrogance involved in continuing to ignore the painfully obvious, and instead deciding to keep lying to the Halo fanbase and keep tweaking their own shitty version of Halo, because their egos won't let them just re-make or re-imagine somebody else's far superior version of Halo. I hate that they keep desparately chasing after some non-existent audience, an audience that loves CoD and is suddenly willing to switch over to Halo for their CoD experience for no reason whatsoever. I hate the smug looks on their faces every time they go on a ViDoc and try and pursuade us that the new features they thought of, a handful of people who are old, out of touch, and not even good at their own games, crouched around a whiteboard, will make the new Halo so great while somehow magically being the opposite of what used to make Halo so great.

Even if 343 are determined to shit all over Halo in their desperation to make the franchise their own game that is also successful, I know that Microsoft won't let them. Halo means too much as a franchise. We have to make our voices heard, by extinguishing them completely. The only possible hope for the Halo franchise is if there is a large enough movement of people not buying Halo 5 to send a message to Microsoft. This game deserves and needs to flop. It is terrible. I put the beta down after two frustrating games of sprinting around comically bad maps looking for opponents. All the structure of earlier Halos is gone. This game is a complete shitfest run and gun, except with shields to make the running and gunning even more frustrating. I told myself I would never play Halo 4 again after a month or two of its anger inducing randomness, and all Halo 5 is to me is Halo 4 with an even uglier art style and comically terrible features like Spartan Chatter that seem like something out of a bad dream, or some horrible parody of what Halo could become back when features of Reach were first announced.

I am consistently blown away that Halo 5 is made by a studio of grown men. Adult men. Ignoring the obvious, servicing their egos, killing a brilliant console gaming franchise.

Seriously. Boycott Halo 5 everyone. If there is anyone here who wants to pre-order/buy Halo 5 anyway 'for the story', or 'for achievements' or 'because I'm a Halo fan' then go and fuck yourself. Go and fuck yourself for being a part of the problem. There is no justification for encouraging and rewarding 343s behaviour. It's like throwing treats to a dog that is shitting all over your laundry. Don't even think about spending money on Halo 5 guys. Just don't.

/rant

I'll rent it just for the campaign

I just SMH every-time I see a Halo player/pro go, "Halo is dead and H5 is Halo: Advanced Spartan Warfare. I am done with Halo at least in CoD they have a working game with a community/comp support." Yea, dont buy H5 then buy the new CoD/BF(The influence that KILLED your series)! That'll really show those big soul-sucking corporations to quit shitting on comp gamers.

Going from present day Halo to CoD, is like going from the run-down Burger King that is closing because it cant compete to the McDonald's across the street. Comp Console gaming really is dead outside of CoD which nobody really respects any-ways because its a yearly released cash grab and the scene resembles high-school relationships as its pertains to teams sticking together/breaking up. Time to join the Master race I say and just hope for a miracle with Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No sprint. Gameplay is incredibly fast and exciting to watch. No stalemates. Constant map movement.

The problem in Halo 2 wasn't no sprint. The problem in Halo 2 is the lack of powerups and power weapons on the map combined with the weapon spawn system.

On Lockout a good team could just sit on the sniper tower forever. Sure, BR tower was the more effective setup, but sniper tower wasn't too hard to hold either and the sniper would just keep on spawning there. The only other weapon on the map was the sword which was in an awkward spot and one player could easily just watch it to make sure no one got it.

On top of this, the sniper rifle wouldn't respawn until the ammo was depleted and the gun was dropped. If a team held onto the sniper rifle and lost control, they could just hold onto the sniper rifle until they regained control to keep it from the enemy hands.

This is what really screwed over Halo 2. The Camo and OS spawning after pickup wasn't too much of a problem as generally they'd be picked up shortly after they spawned and both teams had an equal chance at getting them back provided they had a decent idea of when it was picked up.

For weapons however this wasn't the case. Even if the enemy team watched you pick up rockets, the player with rockets could use them all and then hide around a corner at any given time so only they knew when it was coming back up.

This wasn't only a problem with competitive play, it fucked over casual gamers as well. On Ascension a smart player would pickup the rocket launcher and hop into a Banshee. The rocket launcher was the only weapon that had a real chance of killing the banshee (provided the pilot wasn't ********) which basically gave them freedom to reign down the apocalypse on all other players on the map.

The simple solution? More powerups/weapon on the map to promote movement on static timers - Just like in Halo 1. Boom problem solved. The solution is right in front of 343's eyes and rather than take that option they're opting into destroying the game I love instead.

Halo 3 fixed the problems somewhat with the static spawn glitch in Forge, however the maps in the game were awful and for some reason MLG didn't put more weapons and powerups on the map which would have prevented stalemates like the ones we constantly saw on The Pit.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I vouch for this. As somebody who has played on tv's with a 30-100 ms lag my whole life, as soon as i played on a <5ms it was game changing. I was playing CoD, and instead of averaging a 1k/d like i normally did, i was dominating.

I havent played halo on one yet but i cant wait to, i can finally be on the same level as others.

Same. I never thought switching to my 1ms from my 46" 1st gen Samsung LED TV would really make THAT much of a difference; I figured I had just piqued in my Halo abilities back in 2005 with Halo 2 when I was around 21, and since I hadn't played any Halo game on the 360 until I got one of my own (around the same time I got the Samsung TV, back in 2010 or so), I figured I was just too old, and too out of practice. Plus, I figured if there was a response time delay, I will have been used to it by then after playing on the Samsung for quite a while.

But oh man... the first game of Halo 3 that I played on my 1ms ASUS, I went from averaging around 8-10 kills per game and about as many (or slightly more) deaths, to going 21 & 8 in ranked TS. Granted, I wasn't a 50 in that playlist or anything, but after being relatively the same rank for quite a while and making little to no progress in terms of my performance, to suddenly destroying kids left and right, I felt godly. And that continued for several games afterward until I finally piqued at around rank 30-something, which for someone as out of practice as I was (still am lol) and who knew very little about Halo 3's spawning, weapon times, as well as wasn't intimately familiar with all the maps, that's pretty damned decent.

TL;DR = Anyone playing on a big screen TV that isn't a plasma is doing themselves a HUGE disservice, multiplayer performance-wise.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's input lag that screws with actions registering on a tv late, not response time.

Mmmmmm not technically correct.

While input lag plays the more significantly detrimental role of the two, response time is also a HUGE factor once you start getting into the double-digits.

And quite often, the higher the response time for a TV is, the higher the input lag is in correlation. So really, they both are important to keep in mind.

I've felt that the automatics are fine. I hope this doesn't come off as condescending as that's not my intention, but do you think you might just be used to automatics being pretty much useless due to the last 4 Halo games?

In my opinion I've found the automatics to be useable instead of nearly useless, but that's about it. I can live with useable.

Current automatics are viable as map pick-ups, but the AR is a lot more viable than the Magnum... too viable to spawn with. The Halo 4 post-patch and H2A AR are both fine, H5 crosses the line. Headshot multiplier + 0 spread while zoomed in is too much. You can just come behind someone, jump, zoom in and half them one shot before they can react to it.

It should be almost 0 spread with predictable recoil every X shots or something, no headshot multiplier, zoom that doesn't enhance accuracy and it would be fine.

Current automatics are viable as map pick-ups, but the AR is a lot more viable than the Magnum... too viable to spawn with. The Halo 4 post-patch and H2A AR are both fine, H5 crosses the line. Headshot multiplier + 0 spread while zoomed in is too much. You can just come behind someone, jump, zoom in and half them one shot before they can react to it.

It should be almost 0 spread with predictable recoil every X shots or something, no headshot multiplier, zoom that doesn't enhance accuracy and it would be fine.

Whaaaaaaat? You really think so?

The H4 post-patch AR is "fine"? I strongly disagree there man. They actually INCREASED the damage with the patch, and it was already ridiculously powerful. Not to mention the magnetism and auto-aim were obvious nonsense.

They should be for clean-up (when you're engaged and reach the bottom of your BR clip), for dropping shields when in CQB/close-to-mid range so as to finish up with a BR or the like, etc. Otherwise, it's like you said: you should not spawn with them.

If they're bound and determined to make the automatics kill as fast / comparably as fast as the BR and/or DMR, they should be on-map only, because they're far easier to use and if they kill real actively as quickly, it renders the BR kind of pointless since long range battles usually end up with someone thrusting and/or sprinting to cover, and close range battles would be infinitely easier just spraying the AR at every opportunity.

BTW, when do the new maps (the two Forged ones) happen? Also, that makes 6 maps total right? I thought there were supposed to be 7 of them? Or are they counting the Breakout maps, and doing so as one map instead of two (since they're kind of really just one map "environment", technically speaking).

Whaaaaaaat? You really think so?

The H4 post-patch AR is "fine"? I strongly disagree there man. They actually INCREASED the damage with the patch, and it was already ridiculously powerful. Not to mention the magnetism and auto-aim were obvious nonsense.

They should be for clean-up (when you're engaged and reach the bottom of your BR clip), for dropping shields when in CQB/close-to-mid range so as to finish up with a BR or the like, etc. Otherwise, it's like you said: you should not spawn with them.

If they're bound and determined to make the automatics kill as fast / comparably as fast as the BR and/or DMR, they should be on-map only, because they're far easier to use and if they kill real actively as quickly, it renders the BR kind of pointless since long range battles usually end up with someone thrusting and/or sprinting to cover, and close range battles would be infinitely easier just spraying the AR at every opportunity.

I thought the Halo 4 AR was fine. The deal breaker in H5 is the headshot multiplier and 0 spread when scoped in. If not for that, I wouldn't mind too much.

As for cleaning up with a headshot weapon... that's how it was intended by design. In case people haven't noticed, the pistol has the fastest draw speed of all weapons. That's why AR + pistol is better than AR + BR, and also why the weapons must be balanced in consequence.

If it were up to me, I'd make the AR a 0 spread weapon, add recoil to it, remove the headshot multiplier, and make it a map pick-up instead of the SMG. Players would instead spawn with SMGs nerfed by 2-3 bullets to kill, and tighter spread on it, along with a pistol to clean up kills with.

• Upvote (+1) 2