CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I have several potential ideas for what would make better "evolution" of Halo's gameplay, but I refuse to waste my time even expressing them anymore. I mean why bother? 343 will never even consider removing sprint, despite overwhelming consensus, so they're even LESS likely to even consider any alternative gameplay ideas, not even for a moment.

Exactly how I feel, I did give feedback tho, but I expect it to fall on deaf ears, they asked for feedback with sprint (Waypoint poll) but decided to ignore what we thought. So screw them in the nicest possible way.

Anyone else not enjoying this game at all?

Once you realise what Sprint does to this game, it becomes impossible to enjoy.

Sprint is basically a terminal disease to Halo, it might be too late to save at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I didn't even think about thrusting down on the z axis, i only figured a payer could thrust upwards along the z axis. 

I was thinking something among st the lines of- Hold jump and click thrust for a vertical thrust. 

Thrusting down could be done by crouching in midair while you initiate the thrust.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We all know Quake/Unreal is better on PC, however it's still completely playable on console. If it wasn't there would be any major gap and everyone would be stuck towards the skill ceiling. If you don't think Quake can be played on console, add me "Teapot Yo" and we can play lots of quake :)

i dont get how they think brs are leading to campy gameplay. 

campy gameplay leads to campy gameplay you dumb fuck. dont blame the weapon for making a problem obvious. 

i dont get how they think brs are leading to campy gameplay. 

campy gameplay leads to campy gameplay you dumb fuck. dont blame the weapon for making a problem obvious. 

Well, they did severely narrow the spread of the BR giving it a much longer useful range. watching gameplays most BR fights ive seen look to be at long range.

I mean, compared to halo 3 where the BR was super unreliable at long range, causing most players to push for kills if they didnt have the sniper.

• Upvote (+1) 1

it was the same problem they had with the DMR in halo 4; nobody bothered leaving the base because they would die instantly to 5 shots from across the map from a guy they couldn't see. 

We all know Quake/Unreal is better on PC, however it's still completely playable on console. If it wasn't there would be any major gap and everyone would be stuck towards the skill ceiling. If you don't think Quake can be played on console, add me "Teapot Yo" and we can play lots of quake :)

Quake and Unreal are fucking terrible on console. Quake or unreal plus a controller just is not a great mix. These games were made for PC while Halo was made for console, there is no sense in comparing them both as people have been doing in this thread.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thrusting down could be done by crouching in midair while you initiate the thrust.

we already can thrust down, you just look down and press thrust.

it was the same problem they had with the DMR in halo 4; nobody bothered leaving the base because they would die instantly to 5 shots from across the map from a guy they couldn't see. 

They had to make the BR and AR have a longer more accurate range because why? GOOD OL SPRINT. Every single aspect of the game has to be changed for the worse just so people can take off running. I will say it again. For 343 no sacrifice is to great to justify sprint in Halo. What are we left with? A game that is so slow that it cant even hit the score limit.

An accurate weapon isn't ever the root cause of the problem. A comparatively weak sandbox with no powerups and slowly spawning power weapons on maps that are too open is the root of the problem.

And in Halo 4's case not having descope and being able to spawn with camo... But that's Halo 4, so let's not talk much about that.

And every single last one pulls the " I have played since CE " card and they're lying sacks of shit that started playing when Reach came out. I hate to sound so hostile but I'm getting more and more impatient with these children who want this game to fail. Yeah H5 is cool.....For the 10k that play Halo 4 still. They sure are the majority huh? Fucking mongoloids.

It's hard to not be hostile when you're reading a thread created by somebody who wants BR starts removed because he wants to spray around duel-wielded plasma rifles (which according to them should totally come back) and 500 other uninformed children are supporting him.

Can somebody explain to me why the Halo community (well, certain parts of it *cough*) have such a grudge against precision weapons? Not just the BR, either. Some people seem to want autos to be the dominant weapons. Who the hell finds Halo fun when all you have to do is push "up" on the left stick and hold "RT"?

Quake and Unreal are fucking terrible on console. Quake or unreal plus a controller just is not a great mix. These games were made for PC while Halo was made for console, there is no sense in comparing them both as people have been doing in this thread.

If quake had some auto aim the game would have been great.

I'm not a fucking controller god, there is a reason every FPS has auto aim. Without auto aim they might as well have just kept it on PC.

If anyone wants to reply to this telling me how easy it was to aim in quake, congrats you are the 1% who can use a controller in a FPS with no aim assist.

If anyone wants to reply to this telling me how easy it was to aim in quake, congrats you are the 1% who can use a controller in a FPS with no aim assist.

Anyone who says this is flat out lying. And the only way Quake and Unreal will work on consoles if aim assist is on, which will change the game enough to where Quake and UT fans are going to say "is this even Quake/UT?". Which is why Halo is so great for consoles, or was.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's hard to not be hostile when you're reading a thread created by somebody who wants BR starts removed because he wants to spray around duel-wielded plasma rifles (which according to them should totally come back) and 500 other uninformed children are supporting him.

Can somebody explain to me why the Halo community (well, certain parts of it *cough*) have such a grudge against precision weapons? Who the hell finds Halo fun when all you have to do is push "up" on the left stick and hold "RT"?

To be completely fair, I got ranked into silver on one of my accounts and even in silver the game CRAWLS with BR starts. At least with AR starts it felt faster because more people were running around. Strangely enough, I think Halo 5 would play better with no precision weapons outside of power weapons. The thruster and sprint just make the cat and mouse games you play with the BR unbearable.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Hey everyone, I've used the search bar and can't find if anyone has posted this before so I apologise if someone has. I've also tried posting this on Waypoint, but everyone there are too busy circle jerking and my posts get swallowed up too quickly. 

I've read almost 50 pages after Josh Holmes spoke about how sprint is immersive and what not in that thread and I hold very close views to a lot of people here about sprint. I won't go into detail about sprint, because lets face it, what's new to say? However, since Halo 5 has been in development for about two years, is it wise to let 343 do their thing and keep sprint implemented for the sake of the campaign? I imagine that's why it's such a touchy subject for 343 because they've spent so much time and money on the campaign to just take it out. There could also be some parts in the campaign where sprint is needed and impossible to progress without it. Even though multiplayer has much more replay-ability it's still silly to not take it out. What my point of this post is to not justify sprint, it's to propose we push for 343 to implement something else. Now back in Halo 3 we had a lot of communities thriving because we had really good customization. MLG could alter pre-existing map's spawns and weapon layouts to make the perfect competitive map or they could alter the gametype to suit a specific map (just like how CTF on the Pit had disabled flag return time, but Narrows and Onslaught were 3 seconds). In the gametype options there were some other settings like this:

Primary Weapon = Battle Rifle

Shield Recharge Rate = 90%

Damage Modifier = 110%

Player Speed = 110%

Motion Tracker = Off

etc

You get the point. We could change nearly all of the settings to suit what style of play we wanted. What if we could do this in Halo 5 as well? But not just player speed. What if we had the ability to toggle on or off all of the spartan abilities and be able to have barebones Halo 5. No sprint, no slide, no shoulder charge, ground pound, you name it and have it all listed under the game type settings. I've jumped around all of the maps in Halo 5 without sprinting and you can make most of them with just the thruster. You do need to clamber on a select few, but not very many. This wouldn't only just work for competitive settings, it would also help thrive other communities like ForgeHub. I remember ForgeHub being a huge forging community right up until you could no longer change all of the settings. Imagine if there were good maps in Halo 4 and we had the ability to turn off sprint, ordinance and loadouts? I personally would have played the game much longer than I had. 

Would this work out? Would this help 343 cater to all types of players, including us?

• Upvote (+1) 3