CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

My issue with the "Pro Sprint" camp has never been based on anything but their inability to prove to me why Sprint makes the game better. I've got a lot of evidence as to why it makes the game worse but I am yet to have a single thought of "You know what they've got a point" from pro sprinters.

As Pyroteq as said I'm also completely against a lot of the aesthetics. The game can look fantastic but when it starts to impede gameplay then you've got a problem. As far as I know most CS players crank their qualities down to improve framerate performance (this may also be the case in Starcraft but I've never followed it enough to know). The perfomance in Multiplayer is more important than the looks, make campaign look beautiful instead.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What annoys me about Waypoint the most is that it just goes to show how much of the Halo community has changed, I remember a time when Waypoint absolutely bashed Halo 4 and showed how much of the the community rejected it, now as those people have given up on Halo entirely its like the Halo community has just been replaced by "it's a new Halo game, deal with it". 

Readability and clarity - Nope, don't have that. Lights, glare and bloom almost everywhere you look. Looking at dirt on the ground? Enjoy the glare! Looking at a staircase inside? Hope you brought sunglasses! Want to see an enemy on Eden? Well, hope you're blue team! Want to know which base you're on in Regret? Better do a 360 so you can look at the walls...

It's got to look net gen tho  :kappa:

My issue with the "Pro Sprint" camp has never been based on anything but their inability to prove to me why Sprint makes the game better. I've got a lot of evidence as to why it makes the game worse but I am yet to have a single thought of "You know what they've got a point" from pro sprinters.

As Pyroteq as said I'm also completely against a lot of the aesthetics. The game can look fantastic but when it starts to impede gameplay then you've got a problem. As far as I know most CS players crank their qualities down to improve framerate performance (this may also be the case in Starcraft but I've never followed it enough to know). The perfomance in Multiplayer is more important than the looks, make campaign look beautiful instead.

Pc and console croud is way to different when you look at looks vs performance. Pc players will be ok for downgrade to get best performance.

Console croud wants pretty games cuz that is seen as 'next gen'.

This is always been this way and probaly will stay this way

My favorite thing in the world is when someone sends me some a tweet talking shit, and when I respond they expect me to be really nice and understanding with them, its so odd. 

https://twitter.com/I4MChurch/status/553069148230537216

:(:prayers:

anyone who says "idc if sprint is in the game or not" is a fuck boy. How can you be so passive about your fav. series (judging from his twitpic)? How do you not care what goes in or out of the game? These kind of ppl disgust me, because when the game comes out and it's terrible they are one of the first to say "why did 343.....", but I thought you didn't care...ha

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I am curious, would people here support if Halo 5 had similar system as CS GO that you would move faster when you have knife on, but instead of knife any secondary weapon.

So I am curious, would people here support if Halo 5 had similar system as CS GO that you would move faster when you have knife on, but instead of knife any secondary weapon.

What's the point? Just give us a faster base movement speed.

Faster movement speed = More skill

If you ran around with magnum you'd just end up having to switch to your BR every time you see someone. Slowing down gameplay, not to mention looking ridiculous. In CS it doesn't really matter because as soon as they get to the point of the map where they know there may be enemies their guns are already drawn.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't even get past a few pages of those WP threads without wanting to rip my hair out. So much face palm.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I follow with great interest the poll about Halo 5. I am actually a little surprised that almost 1 of 5 prefer sprint. That makes me wonder what kind of abilities a "sprint advocate" prefer.

So this table shows how many of the sprint advocates also answered "YES" on the other questions. Average, around 7,3 of these questions got an "YES" from sprint advocates. For comparison I did the same calculation for the "non sprint"-advocates, and they on average answered "YES" on around 3 questions (note that the question about descope is "inverted" compared to the other ones, from a "classic Halo perspective").

DyyJbti.png

• Upvote (+1) 4

"So stop whining about taking it out because (1) that's stupid..." What kind of argument is that?

The kind you make when you don't have any arguments for why sprint is good in Halo.

Not able to explain why disliking sprint is stupid? No matter, just claim it's stupid and leave it at that. No need for explanation when we have the power of words!

No good reason for disliking someone's complaints about the game? No worries, just refer to it as "whining" so as to frame it in a negative light without any explanation!

Don't like living in a world where people dislike things you do like? That's OK, just claim they're scared of change, and then you'll still get to feel good inside about those things!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I made a thread like that on 343industries.org, one of the most pro-sprint Halo sites on the internet, and if I remember correctly, everyone said they'd still buy and play Halo without sprint.

The average comment was: "I'd still buy it and love it 'cause it's Halo, but it wouldn't make any sense not to have it"

It's got me thinking of perhaps an even more interesting question that I have for gamers in general: Would you say no to buying or playing a new shooter solely on the basis that it doesn't have sprint?

The only thing I'm wondering is where would be the best place to ask this to reach the general FPS audience?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Off-topic, do we have a chart of killtimes for this game?

Doju made a thread on reddit and some of us were hunting down afks and noobs in order to test perfect kills with the weapons and sending him the clips to work it out.

When I get off work I'll ask him if he got the values and link the thread if it's been updated.

• Upvote (+1) 2

As I already state, even at my level of play (team slayer player, I don't play much in MLG type of playlist) I don't like and don't want sprint in the game. People use it to ran away of battle most of the time. They can say and do anything, it's just the primary use of sprint. With all the cover everywhere and corner, the guy can ran away and wait for his shield to recharge.

I remember arguing with a guy saying to me that without sprint in this game (H5), sword and prophet bane would be both useless (even more because of thruster). Like they were in previous Halo game to his POV.

I decide to stop trying after reading that. Even more when he didn't want to acknoledge that the sword is pretty great to use in H2A for a recent example of a game with no sprint. Ninja also showed us yesterday that without sprint, and only using thruster/clamber he managed to kill a lot of people with a simple sword.

My only problem with the beta is flinch. Flinch takes away from gunfight by bringing your aim down for getting hit. This makes Halo feel like a twitch shooter instead of its classic arena feel. 

Yesterday on two separate occasions I got dropped from games I REALLY wanted to play. Got in a lobby with Sudd 2 and talked with him for a few mins before it kicked me back to main menu and then got in a lobby with Walshy, Ninja, and Ninja's brother and chatted with them for a second only to have it kick me back to the main menu. LAME! 

I really wanted to play with or against those guys :(

My friend came over and I let him play a few games and he got into one with Lethul on his team and caused him lose the game when he dominated. I'm forever ashamed.

I should note that it's the first time in Halo my account has matched a pro and I wasn't even playing.

anyone who says "idc if sprint is in the game or not" is a fuck boy. How can you be so passive about your fav. series (judging from his twitpic)? How do you not care what goes in or out of the game? These kind of ppl disgust me, because when the game comes out and it's terrible they are one of the first to say "why did 343.....", but I thought you didn't care...ha

> Tells me to stop "bitching"

> I never respond

> Calls me un professional

> Doesnt care about sprint either way

:prayers:

• Upvote (+1) 6

IMG_20150107_224003.jpg

d6562373_2812_4142_b450_1c1aaf8efed8.jpg

After spending about 30 hours with the Beta, I have determined the ranking system matches no better than Reach or H4. It is literally a lottery who you will match.

The game still has too many of those matches that should never happen. The good matches, like the second one(I have many pictures like the first)are so few and far between that it feels like Reach and H4 only with a visual CSR. Also, backing out is apparently still a thing. Hope that gets fixed.

P.s. wasn't this guy supposed to be a ranking system GOAT?

It was mentioned on Twitter that for the beta the ranking system has been set to prioritise speed over accuracy and that for the final release it should be adjusted appropriately.

• Upvote (+1) 1

IMG_20150108_002018.jpg

In this game the two pro rank players were searching twos. In no Halo game ever should twos match a team of four of the same level. The advantage of communication and teamwork is too great, especially in this game. Also why is the Gold player there? They should have been at least given a semi-pro rank player(assuming ranks even work).

It was mentioned on Twitter that for the beta the ranking system has been set to prioritise speed over accuracy and that for the final release it should be adjusted appropriately.

I don't believe anything they say. :/. I saw a twitter post where Josh said (I am paraphrasing) that if high ranked players don't find other high ranks than its better for them to just match anybody. Wish I had the tweet.

The beta is not going to give you perfect matches... it's a beta. It's a small player pool. They are most likely matching in ranges much larger than they will at launch solely for increased MM times.

Stop expecting it to be perfect lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

The beta is not going to give you perfect matches... it's a beta. It's a small player pool. They are most likely matching in ranges much larger than they will at launch solely for increased MM times.

Stop expecting it to be perfect lol

K. You guys are right it will work perfectly at launch, I forgot who we are dealing with.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1