CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

A Greenskull Drone.

Does that make all the people who tweeted him back Saucey drones?  :saucey:

It's simple: 343 is sacrificing Halo's unique qualities & gameplay in order to try to capture as many potential players as possible.

They saw Reach do poorly and decided to add features that other FPS games had not in an attempt to regain "Halo" fans, but to acquire NEW "FPS gamer" fans.

When that didn't work, they literally copied elements from every other "big" FPS franchises out there in hopes that fans of said franchises, who have not played Halo before, would gravitate toward it because of those features (eg. "Look, we added a Destiny-like ground-pound; therefore, Destiny fans will play Halo 5!").

It's going to fail. Miserably. Because in the end, gamers don't want every FPS game to be the same game; they play different FPS games for different gameplay & mechanics. By turning Halo into some odd Frankenstein monster of these other Franchises, Halo not only loses it's identity, but it loses the unique gameplay that differentiated it from the monotony of generic "modern FPS" games out there already.

The reason CS:GO is popular is distinctly because it's NOT Call of Duty, Halo, or Destiny. Just like the reason Halo WAS popular is because it wasn't CS:GO, Call of Duty, or Quake.

It really and truly is baffling and frustrating to me that people with advanced degrees (343 Industries) simply cannot understand this and WILL NOT listen to this reason & logic.

Halo will die from a loss of identity, and a lack of standardized, cohesive mechanics. Never before have I seen such a popular, massive franchise completely dismantle itself and resort to having so many vastly different variations of itself without having changed genre or dimension (eg. 2d to 3d).

343 are making a huge mistake with this franchise, and not only do they not see it, they actually think they're doing right by it.

That,my friends, is why Halo is definitely going to die. It's not a matter of if, it's simply a matter of when.

I used to support them to the point I was one of those waypoint fags. But I realised what they've been doing throughout the halo 5 beta (as you had stated in your post) and...its kinda sad knowing I've put so much faith in them since halo reach's decline, only to realize they're real intentions.

Lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. How come every Youtuber puts on a fake high-pitched voice and talks really fast in their videos? No one actually talks in a normal voice.

And they do camera cuts ever 5 seconds. Youtubers have stumbled onto marketing strategies that advertisers use like never showing more than a 10 second clip without cutting to another angle or scene. There is a term for it but I can't remember the name.

And when Halo eventually totally fails the waypoint and r/halo kids will claim it's because 343 catered to the competitive community and nostalgia and didn't change enough.

If only they had made Halo 7 complely indistinguishable from the CoD that came out two years prior, it would have put Halo back on top.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i mean call of duty is falling in numbers too. idk why you'd emulate that of all things.

you know it's important to note that both games were in development at the same time and were revealed around the same time(few weeks apart maybe). I don't. Think they intensionally are copying cod, but they definitely want to attract the modern audience to some degree. I'm not defending 343, I'm just saying.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Good thing this is a Beta, so we can tell 343 what we like and dislike, and then they can hopefully take ALL of it to heart and take out the S.A's...though I wouldnt mind them in Customs and Forge myself.

And I do like how they set up a Feedback Program (which might never work how we want it to work), but we will see how that functions for the good of the future game.

"So stop whining about taking it out because (1) that's stupid..." What kind of argument is that?

I agree. Its a pathetic argument with no context...but maybe that is exactly what they are saying. They dont care how competitive Halo 5 is, or if it strays/keeps close to the original games design. They are simply happy to play Halo. I dont agree with that, but some gamers have that "whatever" mindset. We, on the other hand, know what doesnt work and what works.

"So stop whining about taking it out because (1) that's stupid..." What kind of argument is that?

An argument based off the logic of a stupid child.

mkjKjMd.png

How is this even possible?

I'm playing on 200ms ping, 4 vs 3, another gold rated player goes -17 (It looked like he was trying BTW) and I have more than half my teams kills against a guy rated Onyx...

I wasn't even in try hard mode, I was running around sprinting being a dick head and then decided I might as well see how I went with a team mate disadvantage.

PS. My bet is that my team mates are like "OMG SPRINTING IS SO SICK"

xboxdvr.com/ethikkz/6fe7fa90-acf1-43c2-9319-0854224c7fbd

Who said you needed sprint and thruster to survive a bad push? (Did have help with a bubble shield)

Decision making should always be the forefront in arena games, put this exact situation in H5 and any scrub could have just thrusted and sprinted away this game will never succeed with these defensive minded abilities remove them all IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think all is well except for the hit sounds, they are too high pitched. Slayer plays wonderful, I think the game flows and the movement makes it go. They did well balancing it all out. Breakout on the other hand, I like the idea. The gamemode is a sweet idea and it is fun, they could change it up a little though. First, by the maps. I love the looks and aesthetics of the map, but Crossfire is too small with too little cover, Trench is too big with too much cover. And the health is way too low to have nades in the gametype. They are instant kill if within like 8 ft. They either need to get rid of grenades or heighten the health. Thanks for reading.

Sad to see that, when halo 5 stays how it is, I will be buying halo 5 only for campaign (going to be pretty good I hope)

I'm going to wait for a Local gamestop to have a used one, take home, Beat campaign, complete w/e else they have for story on there.

play multiplayer, Cry myself to sleep.  Return for full refund within the week.

Watch this video and notice a few things that Riot understands that 343 just doesn't... (Skip straight to 2:55 - Another good part of the video at 16:50 explaining how they made sure you could see characters, etc)

Readability and clarity - Nope, don't have that. Lights, glare and bloom almost everywhere you look. Looking at dirt on the ground? Enjoy the glare! Looking at a staircase inside? Hope you brought sunglasses! Want to see an enemy on Eden? Well, hope you're blue team! Want to know which base you're on in Regret? Better do a 360 so you can look at the walls...

Like, c'mon, we had Forged maps in Halo 3 where Forgers would throw camo's and shit through the wall so you could tell what base you're at and 343 can't make the bases look obvious at a glance.

Post #1It's a modern feature that every FPS these days has. People who didn't already play Halo will never start playing Halo if it doesn't have sprint. So stop whining about taking it out because (1) that's stupid, and (2) 343 will never take it out. Creepzor

Excuse me while I light my brain cells on fire.

PEOPLE SUPPORTING SPRINT

Post #1It's a modern feature that every FPS these days has. People who didn't already play Halo will never start playing Halo if it doesn't have sprint. So stop whining about taking it out because (1) that's stupid, and (2) 343 will never take it out. Creepzor

Post #2This is not halo reach, this is not halo 3, this is not halo 2, this is not COD, this is halo 5 guardians. Halo 5 is not made by bungie, it is made by 343 industries, it is a game of its "OWN" and is the creative prowess of 343, their "addition"/ their own take to the halo franchise. Please for the love of God stop whinging, if you have an actual bug like not making it over the start in breakout (because that is an actual fault that is being drowned out by "babies") post it, but don't ask for no sprint, no ads or no COD controls. Please enjoy the beta and have fun! ~ FEREGN1

Comment from Eman's thread: Completely disagree with the title and the majority of your post. (Someone asked - Why?) -- Lack of objectivity, and the majority of the OP arguments are reduced to "Halo now resembles every other shooter" and "what makes Halo, Halo" ~ Undeferential

bRRoIC1.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

mkjKjMd.png

How is this even possible?

I'm playing on 200ms ping, 4 vs 3, another gold rated player goes -17 (It looked like he was trying BTW) and I have more than half my teams kills against a guy rated Onyx...

I wasn't even in try hard mode, I was running around sprinting being a dick head and then decided I might as well see how I went with a team mate disadvantage.

PS. My bet is that my team mates are like "OMG SPRINTING IS SO SICK"

It's no secret that initial placement doesn't work correctly.