CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The home run. He's future-space Babe Ruth.

I was thinking it was the 10k watching the match.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

It's simple: 343 is sacrificing Halo's unique qualities & gameplay in order to try to capture as many potential players as possible.

They saw Reach do poorly and decided to add features that other FPS games had not in an attempt to regain "Halo" fans, but to acquire NEW "FPS gamer" fans.

When that didn't work, they literally copied elements from every other "big" FPS franchises out there in hopes that fans of said franchises, who have not played Halo before, would gravitate toward it because of those features (eg. "Look, we added a Destiny-like ground-pound; therefore, Destiny fans will play Halo 5!").

It's going to fail. Miserably. Because in the end, gamers don't want every FPS game to be the same game; they play different FPS games for different gameplay & mechanics. By turning Halo into some odd Frankenstein monster of these other Franchises, Halo not only loses it's identity, but it loses the unique gameplay that differentiated it from the monotony of generic "modern FPS" games out there already.

The reason CS:GO is popular is distinctly because it's NOT Call of Duty, Halo, or Destiny. Just like the reason Halo WAS popular is because it wasn't CS:GO, Call of Duty, or Quake.

It really and truly is baffling and frustrating to me that people with advanced degrees (343 Industries) simply cannot understand this and WILL NOT listen to this reason & logic.

Halo will die from a loss of identity, and a lack of standardized, cohesive mechanics. Never before have I seen such a popular, massive franchise completely dismantle itself and resort to having so many vastly different variations of itself without having changed genre or dimension (eg. 2d to 3d).

343 are making a huge mistake with this franchise, and not only do they not see it, they actually think they're doing right by it.

That,my friends, is why Halo is definitely going to die. It's not a matter of if, it's simply a matter of when.

Sadly, everyone can see this except 343. :(

• Upvote (+1) 5

Waypoint is always at war. Reading their arguments is like reading the comments section on youtube without the excessive name calling.

Waypoint is terrible, yes, but YouTube will always be the epitome of idiocy. I argued with some brainless buffon that thought it was a stupid idea to not include Reach in the MCC. This was on October, by the way.

Waypoint is terrible, yes, but YouTube will always be the epitome of idiocy. I argued with some brainless buffon that thought it was a stupid idea to not include Reach in the MCC. This was on October, by the way.

That and Twitch chat

• Upvote (+1) 2

That glimmer vanishes when nitwits make ignorant statements like, "Sprint is a natural evolution", or "Sprint and ADS keeps the game from being boring". The OP and a few others that actually have a grasp on Halo mechanics are probably the best Waypoint has to offer.

A quote from that thread.

"CS:Go is a remake, like Halo 2 anniversary. It's not the same thing."

Are the people on Waypoint actually that stupid? I can't tell if he's trolling or he's actually ********. I told myself id never go back if someone linked a thread, why or why did I go back.

I think you missed the post where someone said Halo 4 drew more people in to fix the losses that Reach drove away....

and why do we go back?  To confirm our belief that halo is dead and there is nothing we can really do about it, because they are the future of halo, our voices will be drowned out by the 12y/o voices shrieking "ALL FPS REQUIRE SPRINT!!!!"

Recording myself just running around like an idiot sprinting all over the place...

Somehow still won most of my games.

I wanna see someone do nothing but sprint and melee/assassinate people and get a perfection. Probably not too hard since I'm just being a dick in my games and then killing people if we start falling behind (as I feel decreasing others ranks is a dick move)

On that note... Sucks for me cuz the lag prevents shoulder charge from working 90% of the time.

Love getting North American host every single game (Yes, that's no exagguration, haven't had a single non-US host) from Australia in the year 2015...