CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

It's pretty sad when the only thing that's even semi attractive to me in Halo 5 is the Forge maps (or rather, what I would seemingly be able to create with Forge).

But as good as it looks aesthetically (eg. no visually distracting textures, much better lighting and shadows, more varied pieces, etc), the maps still look rather... bland. I don't mind the simple gray textures, as I think those are necessary for the sake of cohesion. But the lack of other visual fidelity (lighting options, environment options, weather and special effects, etc.) is what's most disappointing, considering what must be a lot of free power of the XB1 due to the fact that H4 handled quite a bit on the 360 alone.

It's pretty sad when the only thing that's even semi attractive to me in Halo 5 is the Forge maps (or rather, what I would seemingly be able to create with Forge).

But as good as it looks aesthetically (eg. no visually distracting textures, much better lighting and shadows, more varied pieces, etc), the maps still look rather... bland. I don't mind the simple gray textures, as I think those are necessary for the sake of cohesion. But the lack of other visual fidelity (lighting options, environment options, weather and special effects, etc.) is what's most disappointing, considering what must be a lot of free power of the XB1 due to the fact that H4 handled quite a bit on the 360 alone.

The worst part is they used the same map design of 2 maps and made 2 more maps...so lazy in my eyes. Did bungie ever make 2 maps on the same game identical with a few slight changes? Nope.

The worst part is they used the same map design of 2 maps and made 2 more maps...so lazy in my eyes. Did bungie ever make 2 maps on the same game identical with a few slight changes? Nope.

Who cares? More maps, and some of the remixes can turn out to be good like Regret.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Watched Teen Titans earlier went to sleep and woke up to Teen Titans : GO.

Reminded me of the Halo series for some reason. The way they completely pooped all over the greatness of the original by making it more kid friendly.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Who cares? More maps, and some of the remixes can turn out to be good like Regret.

I care. Leave remixes to the forgers...isn't that the point of forge? Give us more maps to remix. You are the blind 99%
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I care. Leave remixes to the forgers...isn't that the point of forge? Give us more maps to remix. You are the blind 99%

i agree, I'd rather them just take regret and empire, and cut the other two. Both breakout maps are good though IMO.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Watched Teen Titans earlier went to sleep and woke up to Teen Titans : GO.

Reminded me of the Halo series for some reason. The way they completely pooped all over the greatness of the original by making it more kid friendly.

The first teen titans was an anime and was made I presume for teens, cartoon network have a history of hating anime, they don't like them specifically because they want to have a family friendly program, the original was better but teen titans go is still pretty good, its just made to be more comical and goofy.

I don't think the comparison is fair.

• Downvote (-1) 3

I think both forge maps look terrible. They at least are more vertical, but they still look huge. I just don't like the big ass maps. I was watching some guy stream and I posted that the maps were big and he told me that I was insane on his stream. So I told him to compare it to any other Midship like map that has been made and he told me I can't compare them because they are different games. smh at that thought process. Halo is Halo. Since this game isn't anything like the old Halos minus the name, this is not a Halo game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ninja just showed us that traversing the maps is practically possible without sprint, literally wrecking faces as he went.

Might be annoying when others do it, but now we know you don't have to do it. It's like armour lock

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ninja just showed us that traversing the maps is practically possible without sprint, literally wrecking faces as he went.

Might be annoying when others do it, but now we know you don't have to do it. It's like armour lock

Is there any video of it?

Am I the only one who cringes every time I hear "Control power weapons to dominate the enemy team!"?

I mute my TV until I see my bro-team after the view of the map.

You would think it was the first time power weapons were introduced to the series since it's inception in 2001. Smh. This is Halo, we know.

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol of course you don't have to use sprint to succeed. That's not the point. Like you said you never had to use armor lock, jetpack or any of this shit to succeed. This doesn't eliminate any of the problems sprint and the other crap causes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol of course you don't have to use sprint to succeed. That's not the point. Like you said you never had to use armor lock, jetpack or any of this shit to succeed. This doesn't eliminate any of the problems sprint and the other shit causes.

You ever tried killing an armour locker with a sword?

Shit is infuriating

wait...so what changed in ninja's perspective on halo 5 to now joining the anti-sprint coalition? He finally smartened up huh.

TWEET THE STREAM TO EVERY 343 EMPLOYEEE ON TWITTER

• Upvote (+1) 1

wait...so what changed in ninja's perspective on halo 5 to now joining the anti-sprint coalition? He finally smartened up huh.

TWEET THE STREAM TO EVERY 343 EMPLOYEEE ON TWITTER

You guys have to put a negative spin on everything, lol

You ever tried killing an armour locker with a sword?

Shit is infuriating

Few things could make me rage more.

Damn did Ninja just get fed up with sprint?  Never thought he would be that critical of the game.