CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

343 wants you to accept their unacceptable desecration of Halo MP, they made these decisions knowing they could back-fire(like H4 but I guess they haven't learned yet) and knowing alot of the community would at least initially disagree with them. Dont be a slave to a memory of a game long gone, do not kneel to their CoD-ifying and mis-treatment of the Halo franchise when there are better options available. 343 does not currently have  large enough of a casual player-base to be making these gambles and acting the way they are when criticized about their questionable game decisions that has ruined this series(No hyperbole look at the population numbers right now). Any other comp community with integrity would not accept this abuse of the MP that cant even be described as Halo anymore. They have to listen to the core fan-base or H5 will be dead within a month like H4 was and the MP will dig itself an even bigger hole.

• Upvote (+1) 8

But they don't give a shit. They get our money either way. If we stop playing the game in 2 weeks it just means they get to turn off a couple of servers early and save money.

Sadly, the casuals will still eat up the crap they're fed and then move onto CoD a couple of months later. Check out /r/halo and other casual communities who just don't seem to get it.

They think that as long as they're playing as Master Chief or a Spartan that it's a Halo game.

343 could literally release Counter Strike with Spartans and BR's instead of Terrorists and AK47's and people would still insist that it's a Halo game because it's called Halo.

Read sites that aren't Team Beyond. Sites like Gizmodo, Polygon, IGN, etc. They've got people saying "Well it's the year 2015, of course you should be able to sprint. You can sprint in every other FPS game" - As if copying off other games is the pinnacle of game design.

They don't fucking get it because they just don't care. They have never put time and effort into being good at a game. They never learned how to strafe jump in Quake 3. They never learned the respawn time of the Super Shield in UT2K4. They never learned how to grenade the Sniper Rifle to themselves on Hang Em High and they've never learned how to time the Overshield on Ivory Tower. They never learned the best flash bang points in Counter Strike.

They simply play the latest flavour of the month, put a few hours into multiplayer and then they hop onto the next band wagon. Unfortunately, that crowd of gamers outnumbers us 100:1 and it's only going to get worse.

Hey, sorry for the cheek earlier. This was really well said. It is best to move on at this point, I am doing so right now. It is hard for me to put down the original trilogy potentially for good, but why stay with 343 when you can move somewhere where they actually give a damn about their game's identity? 

Hey, sorry for the cheek earlier.

Don't mention it. I'm a bit of an asshole online. It's nothing personal. I might call you a fuckwit in one thread and then ask you to impregnate me in another.

Cheers bro.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Read sites that aren't Team Beyond. Sites like Gizmodo, Polygon, IGN, etc. They've got people saying "Well it's the year 2015, of course you should be able to sprint. You can sprint in every other FPS game" - As if copying off other games is the pinnacle of game design.

Well actually that is quite debatable. While there are more comments like that on those web sites, there is even a large number of people there that are upset with the direction 343 is taking halo. I work overnights and scan basically all of the forums that talk halo including teambeyond, halowaypoint, reddit, neogaf, and all the ones you listed. The negative feedback about Halo 5 is much more than there's been about any other halo prior to release. You are right though that they just don't care. All the garbage they spew about valuing community feedback is a joke. Anyone that honestly believes in 343 is either in their early teens or unbelievably naive.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Was told on another site, that will remain nameless, that sprint should be in the game because, 'Masterchief should be able to move quickly because he's a spartan and is not fat'.

Dead serious.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was told on another site, that will remain nameless, that sprint should be in the game because, 'Masterchief should be able to move quickly because he's a spartan and is not fat'.

Dead serious.

Sounds like they know their stuff. 

This is NOT the most fun I've had playing a game with Halo in the name. 

I work overnights and scan basically all of the forums that talk halo including teambeyond, halowaypoint, reddit, neogaf, and all the ones you listed. The negative feedback about Halo 5 is much more than there's been about any other halo prior to release.

Yeah... The ones disappointed enough to voice their concern. Unfortunately most gamers these days don't even realise forums are a thing. The closest thing they get to a forum is their Facebook newsfeed.

The gamers that care the most about the series pay $60US for a game. We're out numbered by 100 casuals who also pay $60US each for a game and would buy literal shit in a game case as long as it had a flashy looking splash screen on IGN.

I mean, think about it. Nicki Minaj (sp?) is on the radio. Do you honestly think people care about actual quality or depth in their video games?

God, I try to play this game in a competitive state of mind, and it's not fun. Sprint kills the competitive flow of this game and it's sad to say that if it stays in I am going to not buy this game. Sprint needs to be removed and Thruster cooldown/recharge time needs to be increased from 4 seconds to like 7-8 seconds. 

You must have not played a COD game than if you think that they are all shitty, don't be so ignorant.

No, that's my opinion. I've played plenty of COD games and none of them have been remotely good thanks very much. Don't know why you're trying to invalidate my opinion by claiming that I've never played a COD game. Very strange behaviour.

COD is proof that success in the competitive scene doesn't necessarily have anything to do with making a competitively viable game in the 1st place. Even if H5 were to be a good game from a competitive standpoint it wouldn't matter much because of current gaming trends.

Dead serious.

How are these mental midgets even able to log into their accounts to say this shit in the first place?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The more I play Halo 5 the more I dislike Sprint.

Anyone who's played H2 or H3 at a high level knows alot of players wont challenge if you get the first two shots on them, they will simply put there head down and get around a corner. This was frustrating enough but because they only walk, you can easily catch them with a well placed nade.

Anyone who has positional sense, knowing where their team is and knowing where the opposing team is can sprint away to safety in H5. Nades arent going to catch a good sprinter. Imagine playing The Pit from Halo3 with this sprint system. You easily know you can sprint back to your own side and recharge easily if your team is set up.

I hate cat and mouse games.

I could deal with the abilities. You arent going to get far away with thruster or anything else. Not that im "Pro Abilities"  but they wont take away to much from a battle. Thruster and slide are just a glorified strafe, No one with sense would ground/pound mid battle. And tackle is essentially a beat down lunge.

Its to soon to judge Halo 5, but with sprint. It doesnt look bright.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I mean, think about it. Nicki Minaj (sp?) is on the radio. Do you honestly think people care about actual quality or depth in their video games?

Nicki had some solid verses (Monster) and songs but now she could put out any piece of shit song and it would get radio play because she has the following. She doesn't need to put effort into it because her albums will still perform.

Same thing goes for Halo. The names gonna sell copies. There's no need to impress anymore, they don't need to convince people to spend their money on something because the following for Halo exists. You can put out a complete pile of shit and it'll still perform well.

TLDR Halo=Nicki Minaj

Haven't played the game for a few days, even the ranking system isn't incentive enough considering the bad gameplay.

Are there going to be new gametypes/maps in the next days?

No, that's my opinion. I've played plenty of COD games and none of them have been remotely good thanks very much. Don't know why you're trying to invalidate my opinion by claiming that I've never played a COD game. Very strange behaviour.

COD is proof that success in the competitive scene doesn't necessarily have anything to do with making a competitively viable game in the 1st place. Even if H5 were to be a good game from a competitive standpoint it wouldn't matter much because of current gaming trends.

Im not going to say that you are "wrong" - but I disagree - and this is coming from a Halo kid.

But I would estimate the amount of people who think COD devs do not know how to cater their title to e-sports is very very low. 

COD knows how it works, you have to have the side with all the kill streaks and flash for the casuals - but then they have the stripped down competitive playlsits and ranking structure that is 100% tailored to competitive play.

GO listen to interviews from COD pros prior to a new COD game coming out.  They all will say, "I like this and I like this, but we will wait and see what is done for the competitive side of the game"

Because they know they are going to have the game fixed to support the needs and desires of the competitive players. Halo players will the same things in interviews - but then receive nothing. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm so mad at 343i that the MCC is broken as hell. Now we know that there won't be any large amount of players on this game even if they fix it due to the chaotic launch and state of this game right now.

They could have done what they want to Halo 5 at least people would have come back on MCC but now it seems that it won't never happen and people will simply leave Halo like they did with Halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm so mad at 343i that the MCC is broken as hell. Now we know that there won't be any large amount of players on this game even if they fix it due to the chaotic launch and state of this game right now.

They could have done what they want to Halo 5 at least people would have come back on MCC but now it seems that it won't never happen and people will simply leave Halo like they did with Halo 4.

Thats my prediction - I give it 2-3 months post release. 

Balancing idea: I have what I think is a decent idea for how sprint and thruster should be balanced, imagine both are linked to your shield so the lower your shield the slower your sprint and smaller your thrust. So when your put no shields you have no thrust or sprint until you let shields come back. I think this would stop escaping in bad situations imagine going down 2 shots and then trying to thrust away, with half shields you would only thrust half distance leaving you still open to shots which would make your sprint none existent also the attacker would still have full thrust and sprint to give him even more advantage this would push bad players to fight back and try out shoot instead of escaping. I think it would also promote using thrust in 1v1 tactics you get down half shields then use a half thrust as a strafe to help turn the fight in your favour. I know this still doesn't solve other big problems with sprint but it would be a good step in the right direction. What do people think? Typed on my phone so sorry if it doesn't read correctly

Im not going to say that you are "wrong" - but I disagree - and this is coming from a Halo kid.

But I would estimate the amount of people who think COD devs do not know how to cater their title to e-sports is very very low. 

COD knows how it works, you have to have the side with all the kill streaks and flash for the casuals - but then they have the stripped down competitive playlsits and ranking structure that is 100% tailored to competitive play.

GO listen to interviews from COD pros prior to a new COD game coming out.  They all will say, "I like this and I like this, but we will wait and see what is done for the competitive side of the game"

Because they know they are going to have the game fixed to support the needs and desires of the competitive players. Halo players will the same things in interviews - but then receive nothing. 

1. I've never heard CoD Pros saying that. 

2.You sure?

Car%C3%A1tula_COD_MW2.jpg

The last thing I remember from the time I used to play competitive CoD is that different competitive organizations (for consoles) and modders (for PC) had to fix the game by themselves because the Devs wouldn't provide good competitive settings. Besides Blops 2, there hasn't been one CoD that had specific playlists for the competitive scene.

Balancing idea: I have what I think is a decent idea for how sprint and thruster should be balanced, imagine both are linked to your shield so the lower your shield the slower your sprint and smaller your thrust. So when your put no shields you have no thrust or sprint until you let shields come back. I think this would stop escaping in bad situations imagine going down 2 shots and then trying to thrust away, with half shields you would only thrust half distance leaving you still open to shots which would make your sprint none existent also the attacker would still have full thrust and sprint to give him even more advantage this would push bad players to fight back and try out shoot instead of escaping. I think it would also promote using thrust in 1v1 tactics you get down half shields then use a half thrust as a strafe to help turn the fight in your favour. I know this still doesn't solve other big problems with sprint but it would be a good step in the right direction. What do people think? Typed on my phone so sorry if it doesn't read correctly

Don't look for alternatives. There's only one way to fix sprint and it's by removing it.

Don't look for alternatives. There's only one way to fix sprint and it's by removing it.

That would be the best option I agree but 343 seem pretty set on sprint

i need help with a halo-related math problem really quick:

if it takes 10 seconds moving at 100% speed to travel from point A to point B, how many seconds will it take you to travel that same distance moving at 125% speed? 

it's easy math but halo made me stupid and i forgot which formula to use. 

i can only guesstimate 7 seconds or 8.25 seconds, but without the formula i can't replicate that if it's right. 

furthermore, is sprint even 125% speed? maybe i should get that number right first... 

this is for a big sprint post. really big. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

i need help with a halo-related math problem really quick:

if it takes 10 seconds moving at 100% speed to travel from point A to point B, how many seconds will it take you to travel that same distance moving at 125% speed? 

it's easy math but halo made me stupid and i forgot which formula to use. 

i can only guesstimate 7 seconds or 8.25 seconds, but without the formula i can't replicate that if it's right. 

furthermore, is sprint even 125% speed? maybe i should get that number right first... 

this is for a big sprint post. really big. 

lol

If 100%=10 seconds

25%=2.5 seconds

125%=7.5 seconds