CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Am I the only one who thinks the names "Pegasus" and "Orion" are bad names for maps? Idk why but I am just not feeling them haha.

I mean even "Haven" and "Adrift" sound better?

We've had names like Chill Out, Hang em High, Zanzibar, Backwash, etc.

Pegasus sounds fine to me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Am I the only one who thinks the names "Pegasus" and "Orion" are bad names for maps? Idk why but I am just not feeling them haha.

I mean even "Haven" and "Adrift" sound better?

How about "Awesomesauce" and "Sloppyjoe"?

or "Immersion  :quinn: "

How about "Awesomesauce" and "Sloppyjoe"?

or "Immersion  :quinn: "

Sloppy Immersion  :prayers:

• Upvote (+1) 4

This is true. Saying "We got snipe" makes sense so you know a team mate got the sniper rifle, but saying 'got a DMR' is completely worthless. I like the "nice assist" as it's positive reinforcement.

What you suggested with actual useful facts is definitely something I'd like to see. Especially "three dead!" or somethign similar would be absolutely fantastic, especially considering that you can't check scoreboard and move. 

More call outs would be nice as well.

So it's not the concept of chatter, it's the application of it that's the problem. I get it now.

Yeah, Power Weapon pickups are okay, but I don't want to hear the nitty gritty of 'Reloading Snipes' or 'Picked up a DMR'

It's funny how all these people are flipping their shit over a leak, that failed to predict all the abilities and got the fucking name wrong.

This game is obviously h2 reloaded(sarcasm). That leak is bullshit until proven not, which isn't likely IMO.

As @@jeromesix said, other details were true. If history has thaught us anything, leaks like this are always right. I'd well believe 343 are that ******** as a collective to look at h4s population, see BTb being it's most popular playlist. Ignore h4 bring the biggest flop in the franchises history and build their next games multiplayer around it.

They'll announce the new mode in a trailer/vidoc and just ignore the original promise of "arena focused multiplayer". No different than they ignore mccs glaring issues.

• Upvote (+1) 5

That's only part of the leak. It was a general Xbox leak and he got everything else correct - including what games were going to come out and what exclusive xboxes were getting released.

But he was also correct about all of the details for MCC, other than it being a steaming pile of shit.

So everything but the stuff that hasn't happened yet is proven "not-bullshit"

The leak is definitely legit, but not everything mentioned in it was final, and if you look back at, there have definitely been a few things that have been changed.

As @@jeromesix said, other details were true. If history has thaught us anything, leaks like this are always right. I'd well believe 343 are that ******** as a collective to look at h4s population, see BTb being it's most popular playlist. Ignore h4 bring the biggest flop in the franchises history and build their next games multiplayer around it.

They'll announce the new mode in a trailer/vidoc and just ignore the original promise of "arena focused multiplayer". No different than they ignore mccs glaring issues.

im afraid I don't know what you mean by "leaks like this", I was only talking about the h5 portion, but it guess that's my fault for not specifying clearly.

Not going to lie, this game hasn't retained me. The ranking system is the only highlight for me, everything else has been a huge let down. I keep telling myself "Once you get used to the controls, it'll be better." This hasn't been the case. Only thing that really kept me around for a day was getting rated in slayer. There are a few things that if they take them out, would help keep me coming back, but the glaring issues are now staples and no matter how much we complain about them, they're staying.

I'm just going to play MCC for the rest of the time I have an Xbox. I've lost hope that I'll ever like the new Halos. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

im afraid I don't know what you mean by "leaks like this", I was only talking about the h5 portion, but it guess that's my fault for not specifying clearly.

There have been plenty of Xbox leaks since 360 era. Hell back when we all thought we were getting just h2 anniversary there was a leak describing what Mcc would end up being. Along with titanfall edition of the xbone and various other things.

I hope there are visual player waypoints in the full game. 

White to know your teammate is talking and where they're at with the arrows

Orange to know they're getting shot at 

Yellow to know that they are shooting

The service tags and player waypoints should be bigger as well.

Played some H5 games for the first time. Immediate impressions:

Maps are fuck-huge. Feels like I have to sprint constantly just to move anywhere.

Thruster is even more of a "get out of jail free" card than sprint was. Multiple times each game I will have an enemy one-shot, he hits thruster, does a 360 and moonwalks safely out of danger. That plus sprint makes it a constant game of cat & mouse.

Because of the above, games feel very slow-paced. This is not fast at all. Hell, Reach felt faster. I am spending 80% of my time running around looking for enemies.

Spartan chatter is annoying and unnecessary. They shouldn't be automatically calling out power weapons or marking them on the map.

Jimmies status: Stable, but unimpressed

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just propose this as an option;

Chatter

-Off

-Tactical (Important Info Only, such as weapon spawns and enemy locations)

-Talkative (Maximum Dude-bro "Nice 360 mtn dew scope" Style)

"How was work yesterday?"..."Good"

"Get rekt son"

"Hold up, I have a massive wedgie"

"HEY BLUE TEAM I FUCKED ALL YOUR MOMS"

• Upvote (+1) 4

I gotta say this whole "dude-bro" thing is cracking me up.

Soon we'll have in-game Axe Body Spray promotions.  :kappa:

Mountain Dew, duh.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They should just go all out Tbh.

"nice snipe bro, far outttt"

You know it bro, you know it!

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's quite sad because from now on our franchise is literally going to be grouped and made fun of together with Call of Duty. What an awful fate for a great game :(