CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I get an extremely frustrating mix of both. I hate stomping on kids as it's not fun for them and not challenging for me. I also hate doing decently well and then looking at the scoreboard and seeing two guys on my team go -14. Extremely frustrating.

There's just so damn many of them!

I have lost 100 points today because I have played by myself. It is terrible. I also got thrown out of two games which my team would have definitely won and i got -30 for both.

If you dont have open NAT the game wont find games.

I do have open NAT and I was finding games a couple hours ago. Now it can't find a single person.

Lol. All the maps you see in the beta will be in the final game. In those sprint episodes they weren't making the maps in 2 weeks, they were finalizing them in 2 weeks.

was that confirmed at all? If that's true, that's the stupidest thing ever, two versions of each map is so redundant.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

was that confirmed at all? If that's true, that's the stupidest thing ever, two versions of each map is so redundant.

No it isn't, it allows 343 to create a multitude of maps that all have competitive designs without having to create new geometry and themes for each individual one.

Eden and Empire are dramatically different in design and all they share is some geometry. Regret is a little closer to Truth but it still plays much differently.

Halo 4 had five 4v4 maps (if you count Complex), Halo 5 already has 8 and more will be available at launch. Not redundant in the slightest.

• Upvote (+1) 2

We're just lucky 343 hasn't made any other stupid decisions with H5.......

This sounds fucking horrifying. Loadouts? Are you SERIOUS? If this is what BTB is I am fucking done

That's fine..

Invasion needs loadouts for various tiers. I wonder how much of invasion they intend to implement? I wonder how much of it they understand and how much they just reuse the title?

One key feature of invasion is the invading middle team out maneuvering the defense. With 32 players that key feature is simply lost.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's fine..

Invasion needs loadouts for various tiers. I wonder how much of invasion they intend to implement? I wonder how much of it they understand and how much they just reuse the title?

One key feature of invasion is the invading middle team out maneuvering the defense. With 32 players that key feature is simply lost.

The guy said CUSTOM loadouts, like Halo 4. That sounds awful.

umm...yea. They are doing the whole remix thing for halo 5, not sure if it's going to be every map or just a select few

It's funny how all these people are flipping their shit over a leak, that failed to predict all the abilities and got the fucking name wrong.

This game is obviously h2 reloaded(sarcasm). That leak is bullshit until proven not, which isn't likely IMO.

It's funny how all these people are flipping their shit over a leak, that failed to predict all the abilities and got the fucking name wrong.

This game is obviously h2 reloaded(sarcasm). That leak is bullshit until proven not, which isn't likely IMO.

That's only part of the leak. It was a general Xbox leak and he got everything else correct - including what games were going to come out and what exclusive xboxes were getting released.

But he was also correct about all of the details for MCC, other than it being a steaming pile of shit.

So everything but the stuff that hasn't happened yet is proven "not-bullshit"

I don't understand the Spartan Chatter hate, can someone explain without using the word "annoying

*speaking for most people, since i believe they feel the same as me.*

We don't hate Spartan Chatter overall,  But when it does pointless shit like "Nice headshot"  and "Thanks for the assist." its just audio Clutter, Take all that out, and add a on-off option, and we got a pretty good thing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Except every other thing in that leak has turned out to be true

I don't understand the Spartan Chatter hate, can someone explain without using the word "annoying"?

Redundant.

"Thanks for the assist"

"Picked up a DMR"

"Nice snipe"

These are just a few of many redundant callouts that we hear.

Would rather hear something like

"Two enemies dead"

"Two teamates down"

"All dead, keep it up"

"One shot/no shields in ___"

and just more actual callouts in general. We want to know where enemies are, not what my teamates had for dinner last night.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I find having one of my team mates artificially saying "nice assist, thanks" to be a much much better than getting 500,000 points sprayed onto my screen. Also gives a positive vibe to the match.

I don't mind chatter, but some of the call outs need to be toned down. I heard one that said "my sniper is reloaded". Congrats, dude bro? Just stuff like that is what I don't really care about.

Just the thought of 4 players on one screen on the XB1 makes me sick... The screen lag with be unmatched by anything we've every experienced. I think the xbox would probably die...

Sorry, i cannot sign this.

Don't nag it until you try it.

im really amazed at the people who are currently being taken in by halo 5, you would think at some point the overwhelming majority wouldn't be tricked anymore. this game is actually going to just put halo to bed, i see it being even smaller than halo 4 a month in.

i understand that you guys want to play halo because i do too, but man...

if you want to play a good, competitive, fun, modern fps with a humungous skill gap that is getting more popular by the day get CS GO, i think it might be the next big game overtaking League of Legends in a year or two

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

im really amazed at the people who are currently being taken in by halo 5, you would think at some point the overwhelming majority wouldn't be tricked anymore. this game is actually going to just put halo to bed, i see it being even smaller than halo 4 a month in.

i understand that you guys want to play halo because i do too, but man...

It's new. It happens with nearly any new thing that comes out. Not that it should, but it does. 

I realize I am enjoying playing a game with my friends more than I am actually enjoying the beta, but it's nice having everyone gravitate toward something and it actually being playable. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Am I the only one who thinks the names "Pegasus" and "Orion" are bad names for maps? Idk why but I am just not feeling them haha.

I mean even "Haven" and "Adrift" sound better?

I don't understand the Spartan Chatter hate, can someone explain without using the word "annoying"?

It can be a bit useful playing solo, but most of the time its overly busy and distracting (like the ambient bleeps and bloops). It doesnt really annoy much, but it really should be toggled, honestly.