CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

All COD games are shit though. They can pull through because their community is highly unintelligent.

The only thing that matters, regardless of the franchises quality is that they are actual sequels. You don't get a different game each release. The only thing 343 should have copied from cod.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Pro tip: Don't criticise Halo 5 on /r/halo or you'll get banned just like I did...

I find it hilarious that paintball players actually think that their paintball skills will cross over into Breakout. That's cute. It's like me assuming I'd make a bad ass soldier because I get a 2.4 K:D ratio.

Oh well... Garbage 343 ass kicking community anyway...

• Upvote (+1) 8

I'm more interested in Pegasus tbh. Looks smoother and have a chance to test the rocket launcher. It's the last weapon of the beta, might as well test it, including the map that looks nicer for me.

yea so i don't understand why orion is even close. pegasus looks like a real map; orion looks like a bunch of objects. 

I really don't understand this whole voting to play a map. Why the hell can't we just play both?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Iv'e been watching Hoaxer and Elumnite play the Beta a lot well ive been laid out sick here. And honestly, it does look quite fun to play, surprisingly. I wouldn't play it as is competitively, not a chance. But i'd jump on and play some matchmaking. If i still had a XB1, I'd may even be playing it right now.

I'm especially surprised with the maps in the Beta. They may be the best maps 343 has made. Or at least, they seem to work nicely in this game with it's mechanics. Definitely a step in the right direction in map making.

Aesthetically though. I think it's such an ugly game... It's just not pleasing on my eyes at all.

Edit galore.... Man, my brain just isn't with it yet. 

I really don't understand this whole voting to play a map. Why the hell can't we just play both?

halo 4 came out on election day in the US. 343 likes their voting immersion. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Reach maps seem so good compared to these maps.  I can't find one map in Halo 5 that I would play for hours, eye sores too.

Boardwalk and Sword Base... go on...

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Sort of OT, but people say that Halo fans should go to PC because PC has more FPS's that Halo fans would like. But honestly, what popular FPS's on PC would Halo fans like besides Counterstrike? That is the only game that comes to mind.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol at Reach maps being better than anything in H5 so far. I'd take Eden and Empire with some tweaks over basically anything from H4 and Reach.

Lol at Reach maps being better than anything in H5 so far. I'd take Eden and Empire with some tweaks over basically anything from H4 and Reach.

what this guy said.

Sort of OT, but people say that Halo fans should go to PC because PC has more FPS's that Halo fans would like. But honestly, what popular FPS's on PC would Halo fans like besides Counterstrike? That is the only game that comes to mind.

I would recommend the new UT4 if you want an Arena FPS that will hopefully have a decent sized community. CTF and TDM is a staple of UT much like Halo and its very skill-based and intricate with when to use different weapon firing modes/movements/and controlling power items. If you start playing now and read up on some strategy/watch some gameplay, you probably can gain enough skill to not just get completely dominated when the game comes out. You can follow the directions to download the alpha here http://www.beyondunreal.com/view_story.php?id=13725 and give feedback on the game if you want. So far, although I disagree with some of Epic's decisions they have MAJORLY improved the pace and the feel of the movement from early in the alpha.

Plus 100 PERCENT visibility on maps, god this makes me happy.  :)

mAFcKC6.png

Here is some good Fatal1ty game footage from the pre-Alpha https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJw7OaLhMfE

• Upvote (+1) 4

Why is shooting thrown grenades still a thing? What a horrible feature.

Yup. No one has EVER done it on purpose. It's completely random. You're already punished by throwing grenades during a fight by taking free damage without being able to return damage. Having random grenades explode in your face and kill you is moronic.

Go in a game of Breakout as a semi pro. Lose the game 0-5 and get pro status.

Also, xboxdvr.com/BrutallyDigital/aad0dc6f-bca2-4f3f-ab9a-2c5e4732eab0

The way other players can push you around as if you're made of cardboard is really dumb.

Yet another video I've made. Hopefully 343 will see this one as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I didnt mind countdown in v7, but yeah everything else was pretty awful. That being said you could compare maps Reach/v7 to H5 because of the massive difference sprint and other abilities make, waste of time guys honestly.

Played by myself on halo basically all day and can confirm how atrocious this matching system is. It seems that since I'm searching by myself I'll play against constant 4's or 3's and be stuck with people who are gold and haven't placed yet. GG 343.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What is it with this enormous increase of kids that have absolutely no idea how to play the game. The sheer amount of players I vs who stand still to pick up weapons or who sprint around and then try to melee and throw grenades instead of shooting.

Not to mention the ones that almost literally don't have thumbs and must use their chin to play or something. I don't remember it ever being this bad in Halo 2/3 online.

You play against them? They all get put in my team. I was put in a team against two pros a semi pro and a gold and I had two guys who had played 3 games between them and an onyx.

Not sure if this has been discussed but has there been any discussion of power ups on the map for Halo 5?

I feel AC and OS need to come back plus some new innovative ones. Without them it really doesn't feel like an arena shooter to me. And watching H2A lately really drives the lack of them home.

You have Planetside 2, Toxikk, Quake, CS, UT4, and TF2. Oh, and CoD4 Promod if the servers are still alive.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What map is everyone going to vote for?

PEGASUS

pegasus_1024_io.jpg

:prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers: 

• Upvote (+1) 1