CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Except our community is a little bit smarter. After all, a lot of people quit playing Halo after Reach and 4. Unlike the CoD franchise were people kept buying the game after getting the same (or less) shit every year.

The keyword is "little", and I think you and I both know why.

After ~20 hours I'm sad to say this game is just boring. Barring all the things I don't like (sprint etc) it just isn't that fun. The maps aren't terrible they just aren't good or memorable. The gun fights aren't exciting you get melted or you don't. Everything but the pistol is extremely lethal and easy to use. The sniping in particular is too clunky and easy. It just isn't exciting. Nothing is exciting about the game. Currently at 1980 rating and have no will to continue playing. Every game is a load of golds or lower and 85% of the time its a massive blowout. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Agreed, if COD gets a shitty game (Ghosts) they can push through because the community is so massive. 

All COD games are shit though. They can pull through because their community is highly unintelligent.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 6

All COD games are shit though. They can pull through because their community is highly unintelligent.

You must have not played a COD game than if you think that they are all shitty, don't be so ignorant.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Only bad ones IMO are MW3 and Ghosts. Haven't played AW.

Incredible all this articles give good reviews! And there are more good reviews other than the ones I'm linking!

http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/18306/20150105/halo-5-guardians-beta-impressions-thoughts-on-each-of-the-new-gameplay-mechanics-and-features.htm

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/reviews/halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-beta-preview-a-new-hope-643117

http://www.godisageek.com/2015/01/halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-beta-impressions/

"all ye abandon hope enter here"   

The supposed inscription at the entrance to Hell From Dante's Divine Comedy. 

All ye (veteran halo players) abandon hope enter halo 5

Game reviewers for actually companies should never be listened to. EVER.

Breakout Objective

Okay so as we all know, Breakout 100% needs to have an objective for obvious reasons. Right now, there is literally no incentive to make pushes. Simply sitting back and watching general areas where the opposing team can push shouldn't be a viable strategy and at this point, it is. So for an objective my idea is something along the lines of Neutral Search and Destroy. Put one single Extraction point in a neutral location on the map. Either team can arm it and if it extracts, they win the round. But instead of being able to continuously convert the extraction point, you can only disarm like in traditional SnD game modes. If you disarm the extraction point, you win the round.

The arming and disarming times can both be around 3-5 seconds. The extraction time could be around 15 seconds. That way, teams would feel like arming is a viable thing to do instead of just going for the kills. Having only 15 seconds to disarm would put a ton of pressure on a team and create some tense moments. Preferably the extraction time could be 30 seconds but that would have to be with default shields and damage. The way it is now, I feel like it has to be short because everyone can die so quickly. Extractions taking 30 seconds would be silly because you can probably kill everyone in less time.

So what do you all think about this?

If all the Breakout maps are going to be like they are now, I don't think extraction would work on them. You can just camp somewhere and pick off anyone who goes near it from across the map.

I find it funny that COD fans ask for long kill times and Halo is asking for faster ones.

It's simply a natural evolution to people's desire to actually have a shooting skill gap in their shooting games. CoD would be fantastic with slightly longer kill times because players would need more than a quick burst and spraying someone wouldn't be as rewarding as it is now. Halo would be even more fantastic with faster kill times and less aim assist because it wouldn't be so extremely reliant on teamshot. Both fanbases, whether they realize it or not, are driving towards a point where the kill times put more emphasis on individual ability. Whether or not the developers of those games understand or will respond to it is another matter.

Does anyone feel they should slow the shield recharge and make it more like CE?  I feel it would help make running away be less favorable to those running and more to those that are chasing.

I think the default shield recharge should be slightly faster, but sprinting would double your shield recharge time.

Finally got around to playing again with the new maps with BR starts. A couple of things I noticed:

• Eden could definitely be a much better map if they would open up some pathways from the corners of Red and Blue bases. Some times you spawn in the corner and have no where to go. (where the path from red to inside sniper is on Empire)
  • There's a ton of delays in this game that can be super frustrating. Delays of switching from sniper to BR, delays trying to sprint, etc. 
  • Regret puts too much emphasis on top control. Even with the Hydra spawning bottom middle, top control is too crucial. There needs to be more sight-lines from the bottom. 
  • Still getting the feel with the Hydra. So far I think its a good weapon for breaking guys shields. 
  • Again, this game would be soooooo much better WITHOUT SPRINT!!!!!

Or just funnel everyone down a hallway with unlimited spawns like Husky Raid!

But I do agree that it could be pretty cool to some degree.

The only good thing in Halo 4 was Action Sack. I actually really enjoyed it but they needed more gametypes. For the Enders Game thing you could just put up one of those see through walls at each end and make the zone behind it a territory.

I think we can all agree that Eden is butts. It comes across as a section of a single player map. For multplayer it's too large and there are too many weird spots.

Also with Halo 5 I feel really grounded. I feel like getting to the second storey of any of the maps is impossible without ramps. I hate this feeling.

Exactly. It just doesn't feel right. And they didn't do well in trying to make it asymmetrical. I also agree with the you on needing ramps to get to the top of maps instead of jumping. There are a couple of platforms on Eden that you can jump up from but there definitely needs to be more in the other maps. 

How many times do you have to hear "CoD" in a Halo 5 beta review before you know the series is dead. Damn military fanboys cant let one modern Arena FPS be without ruining it with their "Bro, why cant you ADS or sprint in this game like real life this game is so gay" BS. Fkn cancer to the shooter genre all of them. I seriously am done with FPS until UT4 and Bluestreak shit is too depressing.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm surprised no one's complaining about radar. Radar alone makes you even weaker individually than it should. One reason breakout is so playable is, because I can play extremely aggressive, flank like crazy, and it seems to really pays off (I think playing a lot of SnD helps with this). Slayer is honestly awful, because radar really hampers flanks, and overall map movement. I think that's why the game feels so much slower. 

I also don't understand the point in radar at all anymore. They're trying to make this game into an e-sports game, and make it an e-sports title out of the box, but they still insist on using radar? I feel like at this point the spartan call outs should really replace radar for good.

I'm surprised no one's complaining about radar. Radar alone makes you even weaker individually than it should. One reason breakout is so playable is, because I can play extremely aggressive, flank like crazy, and it seems to really pays off (I think playing a lot of SnD helps with this). Slayer is honestly awful, because radar really hampers flanks, and overall map movement. I think that's why the game feels so much slower. 

the range is too big. anything more than 15m is bad for Halo

Reach maps seem so good compared to these maps.  I can't find one map in Halo 5 that I would play for hours, eye sores too.

regret would be fun in Reach IMO

i played Reach all day today and I forgot how much i used to enjoy that game. Maps are stlil bad, AAs are still stupid and bloom still sucks, but seeing classic Halo gameplay with classic audio and visuals just felt so good. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

orion 49

pegasus 51

WHY

orion looks like a forgetacular map. come on guys. 

orion 49

pegasus 51

WHY

orion looks like a forgetacular map. come on guys. 

I'm more interested in Pegasus tbh. Looks smoother and have a chance to test the rocket launcher. It's the last weapon of the beta, might as well test it, including the map that looks nicer for me.

• Upvote (+1) 1