CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

It was literally only BTB and TS that had decent populations, everything else struggled to get a non-JIP game.

the bird in your sig lmao 

Ninja went into Semi-Pro after 10 placement matches of Breakout. I thought the highest you could get was Onyx3? from placement matches.

Nope you can get straight to Pro as well.

Didn't @@Moa get Pro after placement?

I don't think it's possible to drive the CoD crowd away. They'd play literal shit if it had the CoD name on it 

We are currently in the same situation. We're playing shit with a Halo name slapped on it.

Just finished watching all the sprint episodes. Good watches, but a bit mystifying - seems like 95% of development time is spent on the maps alone, and not on balancing the core game play. I get that Sprint + Clamber means you have to put more thought into your maps, but they seem to be overdoing it. Look at how simple CE's maps were. Or even the forge maps shown! 

Glad to know CSR is still rubbish.  Just played two games with onyx players the first one my teammate went 1-22 and the next game a different teammate went 3-15.  Looks like 343 just randomly chooses levels for players.

edit...

Just played another game where the onyx's on my team went 9-19 and 4-15. LOL at 343 ranks.

First time I went straight to Semi Pro (but it instantly put me into Pro for some reason).

Second account I went straight to pro.

Does anyone feel they should slow the shield recharge and make it more like CE?  I feel it would help make running away be less favorable to those running and more to those that are chasing.

This game needs Solo Queue vs. Team Queue so badly.

I'm getting  :rekt: like nothing most of the time. While my teammates, somehow, find a way to be worse and worse.

Idea:

Team Queue (must search with 4, Slayer + Objective)

Solo Queue (search alone or with 1 other, 4v4 Slayer)

Doubles Queue (search with friend, 2v2s)

Standard Playlists are social

Team Slayer, Team Snipers, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 2

We are currently in the same situation. We're playing shit with a Halo name slapped on it.

Except our community is a little bit smarter. After all, a lot of people quit playing Halo after Reach and 4. Unlike the CoD franchise were people kept buying the game after getting the same (or less) shit every year.

• Downvote (-1) 1

He had early access so I don't know but @@Sam got it in Breakout after we played 10 games with a team of 4. Me, @@Saucey got Onyx even though it was the same team of 4 for all games...  Weird. Somebody else (I can't remember who was with us) also got Pro placement.

Was it @@MATCLAN? Maybe, my memory is foggy on who was with us... But two people got Pro placement for sure. Haha

He had early access so I don't know but @@Sam got it in Breakout after we played 10 games with a team of 4. Me, @@Saucey got Onyx even though it was the same team of 4 for all games...  Weird. Somebody else (I can't remember who was with us) also got Pro placement.

Was it @@MATCLAN? Maybe, my memory is foggy on who was with us... But two people got Pro placement for sure. Haha

It was @@Matty McDee

Except our community is a little bit smarter. After all, a lot of people quit playing Halo after Reach and 4. Unlike the CoD franchise were people kept buying the game after getting the same (or less) shit every year.

Agreed, if COD gets a shitty game (Ghosts) they can push through because the community is so massive. 

Idea:

Team Queue (must search with 4, Slayer + Objective)

Solo Queue (search alone or with 1 other, 4v4 Slayer)

Doubles Queue (search with friend, 2v2s)

Standard Playlists are social

Team Slayer, Team Snipers, etc.

Sorry that makes

All the cod games work and apparently we're smarter?

PS. I would have loved the same shit (hell, even less) every year.

Sorry that makes

All the cod games work and apparently we're smarter?

PS. I would have loved the same shit (hell, even less) every year.

They work, but theyre flawed and unbalanced as fuck, and the same POS, unimproved game every year

Anything above 12v12 would be getting on ridiculous side. The only way I could see it work would be through a mode where you can join games and quit out without penalities and you're ranked on individual performance.

There's no way you can coordinate 32v32 without revamping the spawn system around selectable points and squad-based tactics. You would need designated squad leaders who can communicate to other squad leaders (to prevent overloading the voice channels) to capture objectives. It doubt it would be that much fun at all, and 343 would have to spend so much time on one map that can support the mode, at the cost of a few other small maps... and that's something we don't want.

I"m not saying it has to be the only form of BTB. Classic 8v8 could still be a playlist. I think 32v32 would be a better option than something like Spartan Ops. 

This week we let you vote for which Forge map you want to play next on January 9th in the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta, we break down Spectator Mode, and show our Fresh Picks for the week.