CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Yeah those 10-20k people playing H4 was a massive success   ;)

We are talking about relative to the general population ;)  BTB was popular in H2/H3/H4 when relative to the general population of the game.

Like you said... H4 had horrible population numbers in general compared to H3 lol. But from what I am reading, you don't want 343 to make BTB maps because BTB is generally popular with halo players?

Never said that at all. I just don't want a GARBAGE BTB aids hybrid with 32 v 32 custom loadouts with random ass abilities...

I just want good BTB

Never said that at all. I just don't want a GARBAGE BTB aids hybrid with 32 v 32 custom loadouts with random ass abilities...

I just want good BTB

Ah okay thanks for clarifying that for me.  I agree with you then, that 32v32, loadouts and random ass abilities would be horrifying to what we know as BTB.

H3 btb was popular, H2 btb was popular. I quit during Halo Reach's lifetime so I have no clue about Reach.

I saw a shit ton of "real" halo players in 6v6 Squad in H3 also ;) which I would consider as BTB.

We were talking about h4.

Either way I'm not sure why you're trying to argue this.

The "Fuck Karen Traviss" wasn't really aimed at the Spartan IV stuff, she just treats the Halo lore awfully and has done so with other franchises she is involved with. Paging @@Andy for this one - apparently she butchered some of the Gears of War books or something.

She fucked up Gears 3, like seriously. The plotholes are fucking terrible. There was NO POINT in actually looking for the fuel, it's right there anyway, literally, 1/3 of the game is pointless, totally pointless.

She also has a habit of writing stories of her own, and then shaping them around whatever universe hires her. The prior history and backstory of a universe goes out of the window when Traviss gets her hands on it. You can see the Star Wars for examples of where she goes simply straight up ignores the backstory of the universe, cause it doesn't fit with her vision.

Karen Traviss is just terrible, a writer that doesn't read books cause, she can't be bothered. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

We were talking about h4.

Either way I'm not sure why you're trying to argue this.

Yeah and H4 BTB was popular also when population numbers where at their highest....

I would like 32v32 BTB, if the game could handle it and maps were large enough... Why the hell not? That could be sick.. Yeah there would be some clusterfucks, but whatever. Social BTB is for the lols.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I would like 32v32 BTB, if the game could handle it and maps were large enough... Why the hell not? That could be sick.. Yeah there would be some clusterfucks, but whatever. Social BTB is for the lols.

I'm sure the competitive BTB community would like a word with you

• Upvote (+1) 1

As long as 8v8 with even starts is still a thing I don't really mind if they go nuts with bigger modes. They'll be fun and all, but I think 8v8 is as big as Halo can go while retaining reasonable structure.

As long as 8v8 with even starts is still a thing I don't really mind if they go nuts with bigger modes. They'll be fun and all, but I think 8v8 is as big as Halo can go while retaining reasonable structure.

Adapt

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm sure the competitive BTB community would like a word with you

They're not going to take out 8v8, so chill your tits... they need a mode in which they can remake Blood Gulch again!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think that if executed well, a large BTB could be fun to play casually. Just keep loadouts, more abilities, etc. out of it. Sadly, that is probably one of 343's reasons to keep sprint in the game :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

If 32v32 is a real consideration they need to get their priorities straight. These games have trouble finding an eighth person to start a 4v4 let along 64 people.

They're not going to take out 8v8, so chill your tits... they need a mode in which they can remake Blood Gulch again!

I know but fuck custom loadouts and shit, that is just ebola in a cup right there

I feel like I'm on a tilt-a-whirl, with good Halo gameplay strapped directly across from me, never stopping.

Occasionally the ride slows down and I become hopeful that I can get off and reacquaint with my buddy... But then it starts spinning again and I'm left trying to find and enjoy the pros of spinning for eternity.

Why is shooting thrown grenades still a thing? What a horrible feature.

Don't worry. I was informed on r/halo that players that throw grenades when being shot at are not playing at a high level anyways.

So it must not be an issue for us :kappa:

for the 32v32, I bet there was one guy who was from the original Bungie team who always wanted that Halo Battlefield thing since CE, and he now that there are dedis with more powerful machines to connect to them, he gave a shitfest in order for it to be a thing finally. I could see that being the reason why it's in there if it is at all. That seems to be the amount of thinking that goes into most ideas I've seen in this Halo. Let's make anoter version of midship.... wait for it.... outside. Mind. Blown.

I feel like I'm on a tilt-a-whirl, with good Halo gameplay strapped directly across from me, never stopping.

Occasionally the ride slows down and I become hopeful that I can get off and reacquaint with my buddy... But then it starts spinning again and I'm left trying to find and enjoy the pros of spinning for eternity.

Such imagery!