CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Hydra may have a (minor) skill gap after all.

http://www.xboxdvr.com/Deez/dbc6338b-38ad-47ed-8550-a18b7cb33aa5

So being able to lock on to somebody miles away and then moving the reticle away from obstacles is skillful? nah...

IMO a skillful rocket launcher would be like the h3 one but with higher velocity and a smaller blast radius, imo any kind of body-seeking negates a skill factor.

• Upvote (+1) 1

MAG was garbage... and I just don't see this working for Halo, because it is not Halo.

It won't work for Halo, but I had a lot of fun back when the game released. 

This sounds fucking horrifying. Loadouts? Are you SERIOUS? If this is what BTB is I am fucking done

Loadouts should be the least of your concerns. When I see "more like class abilities" I'm thinking destiny supers. Just straight cheese everywhere

Loadouts should be the least of your concerns. When I see "more like class abilities" I'm thinking destiny supers. Just straight cheese everywhere

that ties in with Loadouts. This is literally the virtual version of crusty 4 week old knobcheese that has fungi growing on it

free halo 5 beta is out and i just hooked up my 360 to play reach intsead...

lol 

There was a slim chance of me buying H5 for campaign and possibly for multiplayer if they had taken out sprint for the arena/competitive side at least.

But since that won't likely happen, and the rest if the multiplayer is basically Battlefield + Halo 4, there is literally 0 chance I buy this game now.

#RIPHalo

• Upvote (+1) 6

that ties in with Loadouts. This is literally the virtual version of crusty 4 week old knobcheese that has fungi growing on it

It is worth noting that the leak said this in the arena section: "Player Count 8-16, game types are Slayer, CTF(yes classic Halo CTF ), King of the Hill, Assault, Oddball...."

So I'm still kind of thinking that there will be what we think of as BtB in the arena section and then we will see more Battlefield/Invasion type gigantic games in whatever the other section of MP is called. At least that is what I'm hoping.

There was a slim chance of me buying H5 for campaign and possibly for multiplayer if they had taken out sprint for the arena/competitive side at least.

But since that won't likely happen, and the rest if the multiplayer is basically Battlefield + Halo 4, there is literally 0 chance I buy this game now.

#RIPHalo

i'll probably get it for free or for cheap 

War Games...

It's a simulation, remember? Also, the multiplayer Spartans have nothing to do with the actual SIV's.

There's a difference? Was it ever explained how the War Games actually work?

It is worth noting that the leak said this in the arena section: "Player Count 8-16, game types are Slayer, CTF(yes classic Halo CTF ), King of the Hill, Assault, Oddball...."

So I'm still kind of thinking that there will be what we think of as BtB in the arena section and then we will see more Battlefield/Invasion type gigantic games in whatever the other section of MP is called. At least that is what I'm hoping.

I just hope that the whole 32 v 32 is a lie. Here is hoping I guess

I just hope that the whole 32 v 32 is a lie. Here is hoping I guess

You mean you dont want a bunch of BTB map packs?

Those were the greatest ever in H4 - 343's crowning achievement!  

(heavy, heavy sarcasm)

(heavy, heavy sarcasm)

that actually brings up something, if this horrific incidence is true then they will have to make arena map packs and BTB ones? It just doesn't make sense. Here is to hoping that this is all a lie much like the cake was

(heavy, heavy sarcasm)

H4 BTB was pretty popular... 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah, with H4's stellar population, that was not hard at all...

H4 BTB was popular when it had a population in the beginning also, so I have no clue what you are talking about.  H3 BTB was popular as fuck too.  Even Squad Battle (6v6) ranked was popular with players.

H4 BTB was popular when it had a population in the beginning also, so I have no clue what you are talking about.  H3 BTB was popular as fuck too.  Even Squad Battle (6v6) ranked was popular with players.

The H3 numbers for BTB compared to H4's was a lot higher. It may have been played a lot in H4, but it was still fucking garbage

Any traffic coming from and going to the public internet will be affected by your router's NAT ability. It's all about whether your router thinks its still in communication with a certain host and how it accepts that traffic. You could very easily still have a NAT issue with a dedicated server vs another user's Xbox. 

Oh that does make sense. Again I have very limited network knowledge (I know how to setup a router, how to do static ips, open nat, forward ports etc. but nothing indepth) and I appreciate your explanation.

She openly admitted that before writing any of the Kilo Five Trilogy, she never read any of the past books which introduced these characters that she started writing about. She decided to add her own spin on it and as a result made Halsey look like some huge villan and made it look like she was the only one who made these decisions - she wasn't. Who the hell do you think said Yes and approved all the stuff for the Spartan program? Halsey didn't fund it herself, ONI did.

The "Fuck Karen Traviss" wasn't really aimed at the Spartan IV stuff, she just treats the Halo lore awfully and has done so with other franchises she is involved with. Paging @@Andy for this one - apparently she butchered some of the Gears of War books or something.

Well I haven't played a Gears since the first one so I don't care about that. I do know that her work is polarizing wherever she goes and there always seems to be a lot of people loving her work and a lot of people hating her work. For Star Wars, she did more research than most Star Wars authors and shed light on Mandalorian culture like no other author has before her so I find it weird that she wouldn't read previous Halo books. She does tend to put a heavy moral twist on things and while I agree that her putting all the blame on Halsey felt over the top, I think it's still good to have a different point of view on the Halo universe, even if it's an extreme one. I don't feel like she put all the blame on Halsey but also everyone involved in the project, but maybe that's just me reading too much between the lines or something. As I said her work is very polarizing and she usually has a very different view on things (in Star Wars she blames the Jedi for not questioning the origin of their Clone Army and the ethics behind enslaving said army) so I'm not surprised that it's the same in Halo. It is pretty shocking though that she wouldn't read the other books beforehand.

H4 BTB was popular when it had a population in the beginning also, so I have no clue what you are talking about. H3 BTB was popular as fuck too. Even Squad Battle (6v6) ranked was popular with players.

Popular is relative. H4 btb was "popular" because most real halo players either quit or just got on to dick around so the population was all waypointers

The H3 numbers for BTB compared to H4's was a lot higher. It may have been played a lot in H4, but it was still fucking garbage

Like you said... H4 had horrible population numbers in general compared to H3 lol. But from what I am reading, you don't want 343 to make BTB maps because BTB is generally popular with halo players?

Why is shooting thrown grenades still a thing? What a horrible feature.

In the span of three games I had 2 nades and a hydra rocket blow up in my face from gunfire

Popular is relative. H4 btb was "popular" because most real halo players either quit or just got on to dick around so the population was all waypointers

H3 btb was popular, H2 btb was popular.  I quit during Halo Reach's lifetime so I have no clue about Reach.

I saw a shit ton of "real" halo players in 6v6 Squad in H3 also ;)  which I would consider as BTB.