CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Check your NAT.  It's probably strict.

I'm not a networking guy, but from my understanding NAT only matters for p2p as moderate and close NAT can't play with one another. Since all of h5 is played on Dedis, shouldn't your NAT be completely irrelevant as dedis have "open nat"?

Massive player counts, like 32-64. Invasion style gameplay. Weapon drops/call-ins. Battlefield type shit.

Halofield. That's basically it.

I had the document saved on my computer that I remember... I think this is what everyone is referring to. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...

"The seconds multiplayer category is titles Halo Battlefield (not final name obviously).
Those are basically really big teams battles like 32-64. Gameplay is more inline with Invasion from Halo Reach.
Custom Loadouts, "armor abilites" (more like class abilites), Vehicles, Infinity like call ins"

This sounds fucking horrifying. Loadouts? Are you SERIOUS? If this is what BTB is I am fucking done

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here is the pastebin which was talking about the split multiplayer experience and the campaign :
http://pastebin.com/qW6LVdFx

We'll know if all of this is true when we'll get the first clues about the campaign. I hate it when it says : "Halo Wararena ist basically Halo 2 reloaded"

Well, it's not.

Edit : 

This sounds fucking horrifying. Loadouts? Are you SERIOUS? If this is what BTB is I am fucking done

It looks like the chief has his own loadouts even in campaign, and forerunner abilities. I fell so #immersed !

Is anyone else completely bored with the game yet? Ican't play it anymore. It's an infuriating game and has ruined Halo for me. I didn't even feel like playing MCC. Idk, this game is just cancerous for my Halo experience.

I haven't even tried H5 yet, and I still play MCC everyday (I still lurk this thread once in a while)... First time I open H5 beta, I was in the main menu and wanted to change my controls before searching my first game (4 sens, look inversion, no vibe... and a button layout similar to default h1/h2...) and just looking at the button layouts trying to choose one, I realized I had no desire whatsoever to play a game like that, so I just went back to MCC.

Crazy when you think about it, they're giving me a new game for a limited time and I don't even have the curiostiy to just try it... Kinda like the free Forza game that came with my xb1, I don't like car games, so I didn't bother trying it... Well I don't like CoD (bar CoD4), so I'm not trying or buying H5. And even if I did enjoy CoD and the like, why the fuck would I buy one that's made by 343i? Fucking insane imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Part of me hopes its true, just because of the absurdity and how it would completely expose 343 for being frauds without a single original thought in their entire studio. Topping off the ugly CoD-Halo-Destiny spawn that is the arena section with a Halo 4-Battlefield mashup for the BTB section? And then watching them turn around yet again and give the inevitable "we luv Halo!!!11 Immersion!!" speech? That's hilarious. And as things stand it's not like Halo 5 can be ruined or anything.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am so not buying this game dude. The "arena" part of the game is shit right now and if the rest is even worse...

I just got no words for that. RIP Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If this Halo 4 BTB AIDSfest is true and that is the second part of H5, then I will be flat out amazed in all the wrong ways. I know it will be bad, as there was that 200 odd player count MMO like FPS on PS3, and that shit was garbage. Can't remember the game's name but whatever.

343, I know you are kinda dimwitted, but if this is true, you are INSANE. We ask for just normal Halo, yet you think Bungie's original idea for H2 is good? They aborted that shit for a reason, SMH.

So you never played 4 or vanilla Reach?

I did. Those actually kept my attention for a while. They weren't great and I always went back to H3, but this game got so much wrong that I can't even see the things they did right.

The gun play is amazing (minus auto strength with SS), but the movement is a frantic, super parkour, which takes away from good aim and makes it twitchy. BR starts are freaking amazing, but get ruined because the base movement and strafe are like walking on sand.

You can finally nade power weapons to yourself again, but it's only with plasma nades as far as I can tell. No more nading things of the spawn, which was an awesome play in CE.

Thrusters were actually not a bad idea, but you can thrust so damn far. There is no reason not to thrust if you get shot first. Just thrust into the closest room and play your nades. This makes moving across open spaces a bad idea, which means that on maps like Eden, just pick a room and stay there. With the sword. Then Just Sprint, thrust, and lunge and you can get all the way across any room before people can get 4 shots off.

All the new stuff just makes the game a giant shit show. I can already tell that it's going to grab people's attention then fade just like H4. It might last a bit longer than H4, but only because it's new, not a Reach copy/pasta attempt, and has a tiny bit more competitive merit than H4. If better than H4 was the mark to beat, GG 343, you got that far, but that isn't an accomplishment.

I'm not a networking guy, but from my understanding NAT only matters for p2p as moderate and close NAT can't play with one another. Since all of h5 is played on Dedis, shouldn't your NAT be completely irrelevant as dedis have "open nat"?

Over the holidays I was visiting my parents and on their network, my NAT was strict.   I tried every day to play halo 5 beta multiple times for a long time and I never got a game.  Not one.  This was over a 6 day time span.

When I got back home, my NAT went back to moderate, and I found a game instantly.

Any traffic coming from and going to the public internet will be affected by your router's NAT ability. It's all about whether your router thinks its still in communication with a certain host and how it accepts that traffic. You could very easily still have a NAT issue with a dedicated server vs another user's Xbox. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If Halo 5 does not have dedicated servers on release i will not even buy it.

Even if this is going to be the best competitive game ever.

Fast Phased shooters with 2 seconds delay is fking lame.

Getting killed through walls with like 3 meters noproblemo.

You do know that we only ONE fireteam in Spartan Ops' campaign, right? People are assuming that all SIVs are alike that. Meanwhile you got over 20 other fireteams that are like Crimson and Shadow who are known to be much more effective than Majestic.

Besides, they got Thorne who is the only one in that team that has brain.

See: Halo 5's multiplayer. EVERY spartan is doing that dude bro childish shit.

Their commander treats it like it is a game and they are teached to have that mentality.

Over the holidays I was visiting my parents and on their network, my NAT was strict.   I tried every day to play halo 5 beta multiple times for a long time and I never got a game.  Not one.  This was over a 6 day time span.

When I got back home, my NAT went back to moderate, and I found a game instantly.

With the problem being that Microsoft's NAT categories (Open, Moderate, Strict) don't really mean a whole lot specifically. So its hard to pin point what is making the Xbox think that its connection is being limited. Pain in the tail for troubleshooting friends home routers.

Then again, 343 think Sprint is good for Halo, so I would not be surprised if this fucking abomination of BTB that they are apparently cooking up is "good for Halo" also.

If they reveal this, I feel so sorry for your community @@MATCLAN, as your community is FUCKED. Then again, we all are if this game doesn't get the right tweaks.

If this Halo 4 BTB AIDSfest is true and that is the second part of H5, then I will be flat out amazed in all the wrong ways. I know it will be bad, as there was that 200 odd player count MMO like FPS on PS3, and that shit was garbage. Can't remember the game's name but whatever.

343, I know you are kinda dimwitted, but if this is true, you are INSANE. We ask for just normal Halo, yet you think Bungie's original idea for H2 is good? They aborted that shit for a reason, SMH.

MAG? The game was the shit, son. Planetside 2 on the PC is great as well.

Wowowowowwowowow where does that come from? She had nothing to do with Spartan IV's afaik and for me her Halo Book trilogy made H4's campaign a lot more enjoyable as it actually gave some background info to make me realize why things matter (especially the Infinity). Besides that, she wrote one of my favorite Book Series of all time "Republic Commando", which she couldn't even finish because Clone Wars fucked Star Wars Cannon harder than The Old Republic fucked Knights of the Old Republic. And even then she was decent enough to post what would have happened in the remaining books on her website.

She openly admitted that before writing any of the Kilo Five Trilogy, she never read any of the past books which introduced these characters that she started writing about. She decided to add her own spin on it and as a result made Halsey look like some huge villan and made it look like she was the only one who made these decisions - she wasn't. Who the hell do you think said Yes and approved all the stuff for the Spartan program? Halsey didn't fund it herself, ONI did.

The "Fuck Karen Traviss" wasn't really aimed at the Spartan IV stuff, she just treats the Halo lore awfully and has done so with other franchises she is involved with. Paging @@Andy for this one - apparently she butchered some of the Gears of War books or something.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've been flip flopping all over the place with Halo 5, I turned my Xbox on today and played some MCC. Great games, perfect connection, have no desire to play halo 5 after that, when MCC is fully working it will be glorious. I'm coming to terms with the fact that 343 aren't making a Halo game for me anymore. I tried to love it, I did like Halo 5 for a bit, but I'm bored of it already and it doesn't play like Halo. I'm done buying new content from this franchise, and it feels liberating to think that. I feel like I've been fighting a battle with 343 for years now, but it's over now. They have their Halo and I'll stick to mine on TMCC.

MAG? The game was the shit, son. Planetside 2 on the PC is great as well.

MAG was garbage... and I just don't see this working for Halo, because it is not Halo.

See: Halo 5's multiplayer. EVERY spartan is doing that dude bro childish shit.

Their commander treats it like it is a game and they are teached to have that mentality.

War Games...

It's a simulation, remember? Also, the multiplayer Spartans have nothing to do with the actual SIV's.

Check your NAT.  It's probably strict.

It was. I reset my xbox and it worked. Problem now is Im sucking ass