CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

been finding games on H5 the past 2 hours

K, thanks... I don't know whats wrong with mine tho.

I've had a lot of fun playing the beta. It's almost unrecognizable if you try and think it's halo. Idk how it would feel after 3-6 months but right now I have had fun playing it. 

The guy that leaked all the xbox info a year ago also said that H5's multi would be split in two. So far he's been right about every leak including Arena in H5, so I expect the other part of the multiplayer to be on point as well...and it sounds...umm

seinfeld-im-out.gif?w=650

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have 343 given us word yet on why there are no powerups in the beta? I seriously hope they plan on putting them in the game eventually.

Honestly i couldnt give a fuck about what they did to halo to add 'immersion' or boost sales, as long as they provided classic settings. But that hasnt happened yet. so fuck them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can someone tell me what the leaker said about the part of the multiplayer that is not arena?

Massive player counts, like 32-64. Invasion style gameplay. Weapon drops/call-ins. Battlefield type shit.

Have 343 given us word yet on why there are no powerups in the beta? I seriously hope they plan on putting them in the game eventually.

Afaik they weren't ready for the beta but will be featured in the final. Honestly, even halo 3 had fucked up powerups which forced us to use custom powerups. I have very little faith that they'll manage to get camo and os right in this one. Dunno what's so hard about making OS 2 layers of extra shields that don't disappear within 5 seconds and camo hard to spot and not de-cloak you when you nade/melee.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can someone tell me what the leaker said about the part of the multiplayer that is not arena?

Halofield. That's basically it.

Is anyone else completely bored with the game yet? Ican't play it anymore. It's an infuriating game and has ruined Halo for me. I didn't even feel like playing MCC. Idk, this game is just cancerous for my Halo experience.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is anyone else completely bored with the game yet? Ican't play it anymore. It's an infuriating game and has ruined Halo for me. I didn't even feel like playing MCC. Idk, this game is just cancerous for my Halo experience.

I was bored of it within hours of it being released.

Yup, stopped playing it after Day 2. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You say this..because you didn't like the Arbiter or..?

I don't particularly like the Arbiter(even though I understand why he is such a "likeable" character") and the other alien races(IMO) other than the Prometheans(which I find underwhelming for being the superior  race), don't impose such a threat right now, I rather see Chief's personal journey through all of this from his perspective, the dynamic of adding Locke to this will be similar to Halo 2 with the Arby I believe, although... If I get to smash some spartan IV's using the Chief, that will be pretty awesome.

I can not unterstand why 343 never support Splitscreen or even worse Team Doubles. Team Doubles is my favourite playlist, played it for years. And it looks like it is gone forever with H5 and this huge Maps which are even for 4v4 to big. Already in Halo 4 it took months to bring Doubles in. In MCC is it also not supported. Fuck that. Halo CE was core for 2v2 but they bring a 2v2 list which is 3v3 for weeks now. Just a joke. H5 take 4 player Splitscreen out and also probably bring never Doubles back. Hate them for that.

Doubles has been dead since Halo 3 when every map was huge and there was no power ups on most maps. What maps worked well for doubles in Halo 3? Guardian and... ???

I also like how Halo CE is supposed to be 2v2, except it's 3v3 and the max party size is 2...

It's like 343 developers need to go back to preschool and learn to count. What genius thought... "Hmmm, well, lets make this playlist 3v3 for... reasons... and then we'll only let 2 people party up together".

It's a huge shame because I've missed 2v2 so much. My brother and I went to Singapore for the 2005 WCG Grand Finals which was 2v2 format and the gametype has been completely dead ever since. If 2v2 had stuck around I probably would have persisted playing competitively, even through the garbage that was Halo 4.

I could never get a stable team of 4 through Halo 3 and Halo Reach and that caused me to lose interest in the game (On top of the series getting worse every sequel).

I had the document saved on my computer that I remember... I think this is what everyone is referring to. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...

"The seconds multiplayer category is titles Halo Battlefield (not final name obviously).
Those are basically really big teams battles like 32-64. Gameplay is more inline with Invasion from Halo Reach.
Custom Loadouts, "armor abilites" (more like class abilites), Vehicles, Infinity like call ins"

I doubt it. Regret is a perfect map to put an OS or camo bottom mid and instead they put the freakin' Hydra in...

With the sheer size of their "arena maps" like Eden, I highly doubt we'll see camo as it'll be far too overpowered combined with sprint on maps like that.

Anyone worried about radar in this game? I think Cursed Lemon brought up a great point in his video that radar is almost necessary now due to sprint, clamber and thrusters. Player movement will be so unpredictable that without radar I can imagine a decent percentage of kills being assassinations.

* PL can not hook shot, Hydra can. 

Not actually true. Us BTB players got pretty good at hooking "blueberries" over obstacles at moving targets. :D

I was around when the term was first coined back in the Halo 2 days. Magnetism used to always refer to the sticky reticle.

Someone along the line butchered this and it's incorrect. Changing the definition of autoaim JUST for Halo seems incredibly backwards and stupid.

People who have modded the more recent games have found that "bullet magnetism" (or just magnetism) refers to what you call auto-aim and "autoaim" refers to the reticle friction that occurs in red reticle range. The terminology gets mixed up so much because aside from the devs and modders we have a tendency to just use whatever seems most appropriate to explain the specific phenomena at the time.

As far as difficulty shooting goes, when contrasted with H1 the simple fact is that hitscan will always be way easier than a projectile system in which each player's momentum affect the distance required to lead the shots successfully.

It does beg the question why with superior hardware, the promise of dedicated servers, and presumably more advanced networking we're still using hitscan on almost every weapon that doesn't make things explode. Especially since registration for Halo 1 and 3 in the MCC is quite acceptable currently.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So you never played 4 or vanilla Reach?

Short beta review by myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Uj1aX6xHX8

Great vid.

It is pretty hilarious that these movement options are supposed to speed up the game, but they are used defensively since you can't shoot while using them. So really, these movement options slow the game down.

Does 343 just not understand game design or something?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Can anyone let me know if its just me who cant find a single game in h5? I even tried mcc and nothing.

Check your NAT.  It's probably strict.

I would completely understand all of the changes that continue to be made to Halo gameplay if they were actually resulting in more sales or continued community engagement after release, but shouldn't the numbers around the last few titles be indicative that they are:

1) Not capturing their new target audience

2) Pushing away their former audience, which was one the largest and most passionate on the web.

Shouldn't this be relatively obvious to anyone with a decent analytical mind over there? 

343 had the console market cornered on Halo-style gameplay, and instead of continuing to own that gameplay and push that advantage for steady profits, they've chosen to abandon it and go after something they've proven they don't actually fundamentally understand from a good game design perspective. Halo development continues to be feature-based, rather than gameplay-based, and the opinions and responses represented by some 343 staff members on social media have only proven that mindset further. 

Frustrating. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

I doubt it. Regret is a perfect map to put an OS or camo bottom mid and instead they put the freakin' Hydra in...

With the sheer size of their "arena maps" like Eden, I highly doubt we'll see camo as it'll be far too overpowered combined with sprint on maps like that.

Anyone worried about radar in this game? I think Cursed Lemon brought up a great point in his video that radar is almost necessary now due to sprint, clamber and thrusters. Player movement will be so unpredictable that without radar I can imagine a decent percentage of kills being assassinations.

I have been thinking the same thing. I have had a few games where everyone on the other team quit except an afk player and when you have time to just learn routes and what jumps are possible with sprint/thrust/clamber.....man you really start to find ways to get across the map in a blink of an eye. With no radar it is going ot be an absolute cluster fuck.

Half the time I don't know where people are but I know where they're going to end up because of how quickly they can get there. Without the radar there are a huge number of times where I'd end up being assassinated from all the possible angles they can get to that position.

I feel that allowing more ways to get to a spot isn't necessarily a bad thing but at the moment it's so incredibly easy to pull off. It's the same as a lot of the additions to maps in H2A. There are more jump ups to get to top mid/into bases on Warlord which feels like it adds more variety but they're not exactly "skilful" movement options.