CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

@@Pyroteq

I suggest using the following terms.

Reticle friction

Bullet magnetism

Auto aim or aim assist could apply to both and people get confused.

I honestly prefer the terms auto aim and aim assist.

Aim assist is ASSISTING you aim (not doing it for you). So slowing the reticle over targets.

Auto aim is aiming for you, doing the work itself.

mZaf1MX.png

Does Quinn have any placements from any large tournaments or does he consider merely playing competitive modes as "extensive experience playing multiplayer games at a high level"

I'm not trying to bash him, I'm actually asking a legit question. Like, did he ever place at an AGP/MLG tournament in Halo 1? Did he attend qualifiers for WCG in Halo 2? I'm curious.

Who really cares what its called? The point is we haven't had a game where shooting felt so good since NSZB.

The shooting in Halo 5 does feel really good too me. Sadly one of the few good things about the game.

Does Quinn have any placements from any large tournaments or does he consider merely playing competitive modes as "extensive experience playing multiplayer games at a high level"

I'm not trying to bash him, I'm actually asking a legit question. Like, did he ever place at an AGP/MLG tournament in Halo 1? Did he attend qualifiers for WCG in Halo 2? I'm curious.

At a high level doesn't necessarily mean tournaments. If you nade weapons and know the spawn system in CE you're playing at a high level, just not the highest level where you play with the best.

IWent back and played some H3 and it felt so slow, from kill times to movement speed, etc. It isn't HCE or H2C but IMO this game right now is better than 4 and Reach, and arguably H3 judging on what I just experienced.

When I go back to MCC after H5, one of the first things it makes me realize is how much better the classic zoom is over the new ADS.

I also hope Lemon's video was sent to 343. It was pretty much spot on with what is wrong.

The shooting in Halo 5 does feel really good too me. Sadly one of the few good things about the game.

This. The shooting is actually pretty damn great. It's even better than v7 Reach. It's everything else that needs work or to be taken out.

I can not unterstand why 343 never support Splitscreen or even worse Team Doubles. Team Doubles is my favourite playlist, played it for years. And it looks like it is gone forever with H5 and this huge Maps which are even for 4v4 to big. Already in Halo 4 it took months to bring Doubles in. In MCC is it also not supported. Fuck that. Halo CE was core for 2v2 but they bring a 2v2 list which is 3v3 for weeks now. Just a joke. H5 take 4 player Splitscreen out and also probably bring never Doubles back. Hate them for that.

They completely ruined Spartan's with IVs. Even before this whole dudebro shit. One of the reasons Spartan Ops was so bad was because all of the Spartan IVs acted like children. Heck, Halsey said it best - "the UNSC act like children at play in a sandbox" and "This is a research mission after all, even if you treat it like a live-fire war game." 

Everything is a game to the Spartan IVs when for the 2's and 3's, it was life or death.

Man, shit is sad.

Even the lore master gods are un-happy, this is bad.

This campaign be 90% Master Chief and not 50/50 split with fagLocke, I'll even take the Arby before playing Locke.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This campaign be 90% Master Chief and not 50/50 split with fagLocke, I'll even take the Arby before playing Locke.

Like, it was just a huge step backwards. It could have been something great. 

I'm interested in the whole Chief/Locke thing. I hated the Chief/Arbiter stuff in Halo 2 because I couldn't give two shits about the Arbiter but the dynamic of a Spartan IV hunting a Spartan II who has gone rogue and I get to see both point of views?

That's cool.

Even?

I'm no particular  fan of any alien race in Halo.

I'm interested in the whole Chief/Locke thing. I hated the Chief/Arbiter stuff in Halo 2 because I couldn't give two shits about the Arbiter but the dynamic of a Spartan IV hunting a Spartan II who has gone rogue and I get to see both point of views?

That's cool.

Chief gone rogue? I smell plot twist there. 

They completely ruined Spartan's with IVs. Even before this whole dudebro shit. One of the reasons Spartan Ops was so bad was because all of the Spartan IVs acted like children. Heck, Halsey said it best - "the UNSC act like children at play in a sandbox" and "This is a research mission after all, even if you treat it like a live-fire war game." 

Everything is a game to the Spartan IVs when for the 2's and 3's, it was life or death.

Man, shit is sad.

the same people who wrote Halsey to say that wrote the dudebro Spartans.

It's all intentional, and it sucks. 

One of the comics covers it: He reunites with Blue Team, they take down the Didact (literally burn him to a fucking crisp by crashing a piece of a Halo into a planet which he was on). He returns to the UNSC, Lord Hood tells him to take some R&R and tell Blue Team to do the same thing. He goes back to Blue Team, tells them they have a missions to do and they leave. 

There's some epilogue thing that says because the Chief is so used to combat, he doesn't want to take any R&R time. Probably because it'll make him think of Cortana too much and Halsey isn't around. 

Man, this Campaign is gonna be fucking amazing.

Fucking Karen Traviss. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

To Start off with, this should have been posted Here  http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/8475-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-beta-feedback/

Now to highlight what i left in your Quote.

Thruster-

Having firing for only forward thrusting is kinda non-helpful to the extreme, the only weapons that truly helps are Shotguns, Automatics, and Melees,  which truthfully shouldn't be buffed in this way.  The reason it only buffs the close range weapons, is because when you are in a precision battle, the intent is to avoid the next shot, while thrusting forward just jams your head into it.

Assault Rifle-

You are contradicting yourself here. you want it to be a close range weapon, yet say increasing the range by 5% then saying it shouldn't beat BRs mid range?

Sniper-

Currently this is the slowest firing sniper to date, Along with the slow scope and slow weapon swap speed, making it slower in any aspect is the last thing it needs.

SMG-

This is currently better then the assault rifle, yet you offer no changes to it?  Does that mean you want it on the field as a power weapon*one for each side type thing.*

Won 7/10 got Gold II,  Havent been able to reach Onyx playing solo due to  people like "SirQuickscope" that drop 1kill and -16 deaths.

My apologizes I did not see that form post for the beta feedback

Also I missed worded on the AR. I meant it needs a nerf sorry.

I missed worded on the sniper too, I meant to increase firing rate.

The SMG fits well in game as it is currently, that is why I said no changes to it.

Sorry for the confusion.

Man, shit is sad.

You do know that we only ONE fireteam in Spartan Ops' campaign, right? People are assuming that all SIVs are alike that. Meanwhile you got over 20 other fireteams that are like Crimson and Shadow who are known to be much more effective than Majestic.

Besides, they got Thorne who is the only one in that team that has brain.

You say this..because you didn't like the Arbiter or..?

Even?

That's cool.

I, for one, want to play a campaign that involves 2 characters .

Yes, he left with Blue Team to keep doing ''missions'' or whatever that means,

Karen Traviss didn't write the Spartan 4's-

One of the comics covers it: He reunites with Blue Team, they take down the Didact (literally burn him to a fucking crisp by crashing a piece of a Halo into a planet which he was on). He returns to the UNSC, Lord Hood tells him to take some R&R and tell Blue Team to do the same thing. He goes back to Blue Team, tells them they have a missions to do and they leave. 

There's some epilogue thing that says because the Chief is so used to combat, he doesn't want to take any R&R time. Probably because it'll make him think of Cortana too much and Halsey isn't around. 

Man, this Campaign is gonna be fucking amazing.

Fucking Karen Traviss. 

Not really excited about that. Brian Reed is the lead writer for the campaign, and if you read Escalation #10 you'll know that was a very underwhelming ending.

Here are my suggested changes and tuning to Halo 5. Overall I am really enjoying playing the game!

·         Thruster

o   Making Thruster active not passive

o   At the moment players are using Thruster to evade or retreat from compromising positions. If we are wanting a fast pace gameplay, Thruster needs to be tuned as an aggressive ability. We can compare this with Camo between Halo 2 & 3 with Halo Reach and 4. When camo was picked up or activated on Halo Reach & 4, you could only be invisible when standing still. Movement would bring camo down, punishing the player’s strategic movement to fight their opponent. Thus it lead to player’s hiding with camo which consequently slowed gameplay. When we look at Halo 2 and 3, camo was active allowing camo to stay on with player movement until the player shot their weapon or if player was hit by a weapon. Camo was a powerful aggressive ability that got teams timing and getting map control to get camo in their hands. Since camo was so powerful, the opponent team would have to do all they could to take down the player with camo allowing gameplay to speed up even more so.

o   How to achieve an active Thruster

§  Forward Thrust movement enabled weapon fire

§  Side and rear Thrust reduced 15%

§  Side and rear Thrust deactivates weapon fire

§  When player is half to no shield Thruster is disabled

§  When player is sprinting Thruster is disabled

·         Sprint

o   Sprint will not speed up gameplay

o   Here is why, like Thruster as mentioned above, Sprint is primarily use to evade from players bringing down their shields, putting themselves in none strategic position to hide. For example, player A kills player B. Player B comes off spawn sprinting to pick up sword at top mid (On Midship). Even though Player A gained map control, player B can easily get the sword in seconds, then gets shot down to half shields or so. Player B uses Sprint as well as Thruster to evade and hide from player A. Now gameplay slows because of player B’s mindless movement to get a power weapon to keep player A from pushing as well as regaining their own shields. There is no repercussion on the player making none strategic movement when using sprint with thruster combo.

o   Solution

§  Shooting sprinting players brings player out of sprint (like as de-scoping method).

·         Player should be able to re-sprint after pushing sprint button.

§  Pause shield regen until player stops sprinting (the same as is in game currently).

·         Assault Rifle

o   Range need to be nerfed 5%.

§  Since the AR is a close range weapon it should be able to out-shoot a BR in close range. The AR should not be allowed to out-shoot the BR in mid-range which is currently the case.

·         Sniper Rifle

o   Scoped window needs to be a little more open.

o   Increase firing rate.

·         Pistol

o   No change is needed it suits it’s close range niche perfectly.

·         SMG

o   No change.

·         Truth

o   Map seems too dark, especially when opponent is blue team.

·         Empire

o   Looking from Snipe 3 to Open

§  Needs more sight lines 

To Start off with, this should have been posted Here  http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/8475-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-beta-feedback/

I have made the proper changes as well as moved the post to the correct location here http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/8475-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-beta-feedback/page-9?do=findComment&comment=378446

Thank you deathlos for bringing up the inconsistencys. 

Can anyone let me know if its just me who cant find a single game in h5? I even tried mcc and nothing.

Fucking Karen Traviss. 

Wowowowowwowowow where does that come from? She had nothing to do with Spartan IV's afaik and for me her Halo Book trilogy made H4's campaign a lot more enjoyable as it actually gave some background info to make me realize why things matter (especially the Infinity). Besides that, she wrote one of my favorite Book Series of all time "Republic Commando", which she couldn't even finish because Clone Wars fucked Star Wars Cannon harder than The Old Republic fucked Knights of the Old Republic. And even then she was decent enough to post what would have happened in the remaining books on her website.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can anyone let me know if its just me who cant find a single game in h5? I even tried mcc and nothing.

been finding games on H5 the past 2 hours

Victory has made the UNSC cocky.

They only won because Truth decided to go full ****** by trying to replace the Sangheili with the Brutes in the final phase of the war. That was a very smart move.

Maybe once the population is higher... I made it to onyx while winning 5 out of 10 in placings. Made my way to pro under 20 games, didn't drop a single one other than losing to Flamesword and Enable while I was by myself.

I feel like the rankings are off and not enough people are in the lower brackets.

Yeah true you match allot of low ranks which is pretty bad

But i like the idea.

And if you win against lower ranks you do not get points at all lol..

i was just referring to Spartan Ops guys  :halo:

Unless there was a whole backstory behind that written by somebody else.