CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

343's plan: shove the old/competitive community to one side, cater to the rest of the casuals at the other side.

GG 343

343's plan: shove the old/competitive community to one side, cater to the rest of the casuals at the other side.

GG 343

Which would be fine if they actually listened to us. But apparently they think they know more about competitive Halo than we do, even though most of them never touched Halo until Halo 4.

Which would be fine if they actually listened to us. But apparently they think they know more about competitive Halo than we do, even though most of them never touched Halo until Halo 4.

You'd think that if we actually out populate the competitive "arena" playlists over the "infinity styled" playlists. Things might change?

You'd think that if we actually out populate the competitive "arena" playlists over the "infinity styled" playlists. Things might change?

That would require buying the game though..
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Does anyone know what the Power Player medal is? 

"You participated for more than 10 games"  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just can't believe theyd split the playerbase with 2 different versions of the game..

What do you mean by '2 different versions'?

What do you mean by '2 different versions'?

Well the theory goes there's going to be the Arena part then something else

The guy that leaked all the xbox info a year ago also said that H5's multi would be split in two. So far he's been right about every leak including Arena in H5, so I expect the other part of the multiplayer to be on point as well...and it sounds...umm

funny he left out spartan abilities, seems like important info.

Well the theory goes there's going to be the Arena part then something else

I've heard the rumors. But couldn't you consider Reach's invasion a "different version'? 

I've heard the rumors. But couldn't you consider Reach's invasion a "different version'?

Yeah, it could be simply a different mode/gametype that's not too significant, but it could also be completely unique and split the community

Isn't that a bit OP? If you think about it, missiles from the skies landing in your position as an airstrike.

You get punished... because... you were spotted pretty much, Idk, I'm not sure, I'm just neutral. 

So, lock on, shoot in the air, instant kill?

Nope, you can easily thrust to dodge the rockets if you know they're coming. They do however need to add a sond to let you know when you've been locked onto if there isn't one already.

Nice vid, enjoyed the listen. "Halo is a game governed by it's base movement speed" is a nice way to articulate it. How do you get a degree in game design and fail to recognize something so simple, I will never know. Lol OT: I don't know why I always assumed you were European.