CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I feel like 343's plan to cater to everyone has backfired somewhat.

Reading posts from this forum and Waypoint, it seems like everything they have done for each community is upsetting the other.

I just wonder if they have done enough to keep either community.

Personally I don't think they have.

They told us that they have a focus on making this game competitive, but gave us sprint.

And most of what the casual community enjoyed, they took out to make the game competitive.

• Upvote (+1) 4

At least the COD dev's know what the fans want, they know what works, and they STICK TO IT. (regardless if you are a fan of COD or not)

Halo has been the exact opposite - make it worse and worse each time. 

Stick to it? They have butchered COD with ghosts and AW. The casuals just eat any shit thrown their way because it has COD on the boxart and sheer numbers and popularity carry it.

You can't seriously look at COD2 and COD4 or even BO2 then look at ghosts and AW and say that COD devs know what they are doing. The dev's know what casuals want and their marketing team know how to sell it and lets be honest what else are they going to play? All their competition is either a disappointment, on PC, or has a disaster launch. The difference between the developers of COD and 343 is that 343 don't know how to cater to the casuals and draw them in. They both shit on their hardcore fanbase.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You just contradicted everything you said in the following sentence, my man. Halo 5 needs to have Halo movement, Halo health mechanics and mechanics, a twist of halo style aiming with a hint of 

Yeah i just don't see that happening unfortunately...

I was trying to say it feels like a new series. You know what i mean, it doesn't feel like halo, GOW, or COD.... it feels like a new "Series". Halo 5 just happens to be the name attached to it. 

I really enjoy the ranking system so far.

Semi-Pro to Pro really feels like that 50 grind.

And there are almost only sweatys playing H5 which is good  :)

this terminology is so corny to me

try hards >>>>

Yeah i just don't see that happening unfortunately...

I was trying to say it feels like a new series. You know what i mean, it doesn't feel like halo, GOW, or COD.... it feels like a new "Series". Halo 5 just happens to be the name attached to it. 

and 343 should be held accountable for this

I really enjoy the ranking system so far.

Semi-Pro to Pro really feels like that 50 grind.

And there are almost only sweatys playing H5 which is good :)

Maybe once the population is higher... I made it to onyx while winning 5 out of 10 in placings. Made my way to pro under 20 games, didn't drop a single one other than losing to Flamesword and Enable while I was by myself.

I feel like the rankings are off and not enough people are in the lower brackets.

Here are some of my thoughts and suggestions on improvements for Halo 5. Overall I am enjoying the game as well as having a lot of fun. Feel free to critique and ask questions everybody!

Thruster

• Allow forward Thrust movement weapon fire
  • Side and rear Thrust reduced 15%
  • Side and rear Thrust deactivates weapon fire

Assault Rifle

• Range need to be buffed 5%.
  • Since the AR is a close range weapon it should be able to outshot a BR in close range. The AR should not be allowed to outshoot the BR in mid-range which is currently the case.

Sniper Rifle

• Decrease firing rate.

SMG

• No change.

To Start off with, this should have been posted Here  http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/8475-halo-5-guardians-multiplayer-beta-feedback/

Now to highlight what i left in your Quote.

Thruster-

Having firing for only forward thrusting is kinda non-helpful to the extreme, the only weapons that truly helps are Shotguns, Automatics, and Melees,  which truthfully shouldn't be buffed in this way.  The reason it only buffs the close range weapons, is because when you are in a precision battle, the intent is to avoid the next shot, while thrusting forward just jams your head into it.

Assault Rifle-

You are contradicting yourself here. you want it to be a close range weapon, yet say increasing the range by 5% then saying it shouldn't beat BRs mid range?

Sniper-

Currently this is the slowest firing sniper to date, Along with the slow scope and slow weapon swap speed, making it slower in any aspect is the last thing it needs.

SMG-

This is currently better then the assault rifle, yet you offer no changes to it?  Does that mean you want it on the field as a power weapon*one for each side type thing.*

Maybe once the population is higher... I made it to onyx while winning 5 out of 10 in placings. Made my way to pro under 20 games, didn't drop a single one other than losing to Flamesword and Enable while I was by myself.

I feel like the rankings are off and not enough people are in the lower brackets.

Won 7/10 got Gold II,  Havent been able to reach Onyx playing solo due to  people like "SirQuickscope" that drop 1kill and -16 deaths.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When does smite hit the x1?? Imma try that out

Not sure but there was just a tournament with a freaking 2.5 million dollar prize pool...

First 2 maps > Last 2 maps

I assume you are referring to Orion and Pegasus as the last two maps. Only one of them will be added to the Beta.

Also if you think Empire is better than Pegasus...  :prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers:

And most of what the casual community enjoyed, they took out to make the game competitive.

They didn't take any of it out.

"Arena is just a small part of the game, a very small part."

-Frank O'Connor

"The beta focuses on arena... later you'll see more of our full offering."

-Bonnie Ross

"I'm still employed by 343i" (ok, so this isn't a direct quote, but still)

-Kevin Franklin

I've been repeating it for months, just you wait and see what they have for the casuals. Why keep DMR and BR? Remember all the fights that caused? Because loadouts are still in for BTB or Invasion or whatever they call it. Spartan Rank is still there - I can promise that's tied to a progression/unlock system.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I've been repeating it for months, just you wait and see what they have for the casuals. Why keep DMR and BR? Remember all the fights that caused? Because loadouts are still in for BTB or Invasion or whatever they call it. Spartan Rank is still there - I can promise that's tied to a progression/unlock system.

You would think 343 would, by design, do what we were trying to avoid by making competitive settings different from the rest of the game?

BR / DMR / LR just fill different distance and usage niches. LR is the most powerful at range, also the weakest out of scope, DMR best from far, BR easier to clean up with... all different options.

I don't think they'd go so far to make abilities a default trait so everyone starts equal, to then turn around and put loadouts back in BTB.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope there is at least some sweet Spartan MMA game mode where I can go groundpound and charge other Spartans in a MMA ring with the Bro Spartan Squad cheering me on from the sidelines. Kevin Franklin: "Now this is Next-gen Arena combat!" Josh Holmes:"Yea, they weren't ready for this level of immersion."

• Upvote (+1) 4

Not sure but there was just a tournament with a freaking 2.5 million dollar prize pool...

Dota had a tournament with 11 million dollar prize pool in July and has one that will likely be over 2 million next month.

Some people say Spartan IV's look like overdressed Power Rangers, honestly a better comparison would be a Futuristic Street Fighter or (a cheesy) Mortal Kombat spinoff...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Still can't get over that Rocket Launcher.

In Halo 4 we had:

All of the Covenant species.

Covenant architecture.

UNSC logo.

Chief's armour.

Various vehicle silhouettes (Warthog's gun shield and the Pelican primarily).

The BR (admittedly this one I quite liked)

All altered for no discernible reason. Now it's the Rocket launcher's turn. Yet H2A (both MP and Campaign) looks like what I'd expect a genuine Halo sequel to look like.

343i's art team's vision of Halo just doesn't quite gel with what already existed. I feel like they could and should have been a lot more respectful of the work that already existed and done more to maintain the style and identity of Halo as it already existed. if Sabre Interactive can do such an excellent job bringing Halo 2 forward by ten years I don't understand why 343 weren't as strict about keeping Halo's look cohesive.

It doesnt play like Halo, it shouldn't look like it either.

They didn't take any of it out.

"Arena is just a small part of the game, a very small part."

-Frank O'Connor

"The beta focuses on arena... later you'll see more of our full offering."

-Bonnie Ross

"I'm still employed by 343i" (ok, so this isn't a direct quote, but still)

-Kevin Franklin

From what I've been reading, a lot of them don't like the new ranking system.

I don't think they'd go so far to make abilities a default trait so everyone starts equal, to then turn around and put loadouts back in BTB.

But they seem to think the only thing "Arena" means is equal starts, seeing as there are no other similarities in H5 to an arena-shooter. So if the other part isn't arena... then logic dictates it doesn't have equal starts.

@@jeromesix I agree but it is definitely weird how if arena is just a small experience, the beta only focuses on it.

That's because we all know the casuals will buy the game based on campaign reviews and slick commercials. We are the people who will shit on the game online for months. They were hoping to shut up the competitive players so there was less bad press. Hey man, they said it themselves - over and over again.

I tried playing this game on two separate occassions for multiple hour sitdowns, both weeks, and this game just isn't fun.  I'm not going to go and rehash the laundry list of reasons of what's wrong with this title, but the important point is it's not fun, and definitely does not feel like Halo. 

From what I've been reading, a lot of them don't like the new ranking system.

I wonder if it's the ranking system for everything or just arena. Keep in mind there's still your MMR and your SR and idk maybe CSR? Plus that weird KDA number. There's all kinds of rank systems in this game, arena might be the only game style utilizing the one we have now.

oXk52Dh.png

Notice it says "Arena Multiplayer" not just "Multiplayer"

What will the other one say? "Infinity Multiplayer" or "Halo Battlefields Mulitplayer"

• Upvote (+1) 4

I just hope we have another beta this summer. There are a lot of changes to be made right now, and it's worth testing again at a later date. A lot will change from now to 10+ months. 

I wonder if it's the ranking system for everything or just arena. Keep in mind there's still your MMR and your SR and idk maybe CSR? Plus that weird KDA number. There's all kinds of rank systems in this game, arena might be the only game style utilizing the one we have now.

Notice it says "Arena Multiplayer" not just "Multiplayer"

What will the other one say? "Infinity Multiplayer" or "Halo Battlefields Mulitplayer"

watch them bring back ordnance drops

I just hope we have another beta this summer. There are a lot of changes to be made right now, and it's worth testing again at a later date. A lot will change from now to 10+ months. 

Literally nothing besides bug fixing + polishing + balancing happens during the final year of development. Beta pretty much means that most things are set in stone. They have been using the very core set of abilities since over 1 year ago (source: the sprint). They won't remove/add much of anything. We'll only see tweaks.

• Upvote (+1) 6

The guy that leaked all the xbox info a year ago also said that H5's multi would be split in two. So far he's been right about every leak including Arena in H5, so I expect the other part of the multiplayer to be on point as well...and it sounds...umm

Multiplayer:
Split between two categories.
Halo War Arena it's basically Halo 2 reloaded. No load-outs, no armor abilities and perks.
Player Count 8-16, game types are Slayer, CTF(yes classic Halo CTF ), King of the Hill, Assault, Oddball....
Static weapon spawns, more weapons on map which means more ammo, weapons wont respawn as quick as in Halo 4
The second multiplayer category is titled Halo Battlefield (not final name obviously).
Those are basically really big teams battles like 32-64. Gameplay is more inline with Invasion from Halo Reach.
Custom Load-outs, "armor abilities" (more like class abilities), Vehicles, Infinity like call ins

• Upvote (+1) 8