CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I just noticed 343 removed the sniper bloom when you shoot it. I honestly hated the bloom animation on snipe ever since reach. It honestly doesn't do anything so why has it been in the last few games like H4, H2A? I'm really glad they got ride of it in Halo 5. 

Haven't watched the videos yet, what map does it look like we should be voting for?

Gonna have to play them first- cant really tell by looks

The forging looks bland.

I like it. The textures are clean and simple. Everything fits together as one.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I like it. The textures are clean and simple. Everything fits together as one.

Nah, Id like more natural textures or textures with different themes.

What about the Forge tools? How can we expect them to improve over previous incarnations? “We have made a number of improvements to usability as well as providing multiple palettes, terrain sheets, and lighting set-ups for Forgers to build with,” he answered.

Am I the only one who thinks these maps look fairly average? Just nothing outstanding really, the forge palette looks nowhere near as cool as the one used in Trench and Crossfire. The gameplay looks pretty good on them though, we'll have to see how they play.

Can't get my head around why the rockets needed changing though, long live SPNKR

• Upvote (+1) 1

A huge problem I'm finding on Regret is calling out. You can't really find out which base is which without actually looking at the map callout. Same with the towers; I found it very difficult to differentiate the two, even moreso than on Truth.

Some sort of lights or other distinct visual differentiation would be great. I like how on what we're calling "Closed"(Arch side) there is a bunch of foliage on Blue side, but it's only really noticeable on that side of the map. Some more vines, grass, and moss on Blue side would be great to differentiate that map outside of simple colors, while keeping Red covered with either sand or just plain metal. Keep in mind that visibility is already a concern, so lighting should be equal on both sides.

Lift colors should also match teams. It's easy to look into Red base, see the prominence of a blue-colored lift, and mistakenly call out the wrong base.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Am I the only one who thinks these maps look fairly average? Just nothing outstanding really, the forge palette looks nowhere near as cool as the one used in Trench and Crossfire. The gameplay looks pretty good on them though, we'll have to see how they play.

Can't get my head around why the rockets needed changing though, long live SPNKR

After playing on maps like Adrift for the past few games, I'm just glad to see anything with any semblance of elevation.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Looks like I'm going to have to make some smurfs if I ever want to play with friends who aren't good enough to be at my rank.

Nah, Id like more natural textures or textures with different themes.

There is at least one other theme as seen with the Breakout maps.

I like how they've been keeping the Forge templates more smooth/basic. To me, something about it looks kind of nice, and the lack of random texture geometry is a + for gameplay.

What about the Forge tools? How can we expect them to improve over previous incarnations? “We have made a number of improvements to usability as well as providing multiple palettes, terrain sheets, and lighting set-ups for Forgers to build with,” he answered.

django.gif

Just some random thoughts after watching gameplay:

1) Spartan Chatter has to go. It serves no purpose for teams that already have call outs. It is annoying and tiresome. 

2) The bro Spartan scenes before and after the game have to go. They are dreadful and childish. 

3) Shield recharge sound is strange. Very un-Halo like. 

4) The Prophet's Sword is way too bright. 

5) The Assault Rifle is overpowered. 

6) The Sniper Rifle aiming looks sluggish. The rate of fire is too slow. The in scope of the Sniper Rifle is too cluttered. It looks like the Halo 4 model, which was hideous. 

7) There is too much time between switching weapons.

8) Reload speed is slow for all weapons. 

One positive:

1) The zoomed in scope of the DMR is amazing looking. I would probably use that gun over the BR, which is terribly ugly. 

@@Bravo

Dude- At high level play it happens to me minimum 5 to 10 times per game (I also do it too;)

The thruster is game breaking for mid to long range combat- Sprint is not the problem, thruster is- th only time sprinting is effective is when a player Thrusts firsts, than sprints. 

Amen brotha. Keep the clips coming- not to rip on 343i, but to help them!

To help them? is that comment serious? 

The one way the should be catering to new players... and they don't do it...

Whatever powers this company might worship,  Please save them from the dark path they are stumbling down.

So if I want to play a console arena fps I should play mobas, an rts or a card game (or maybe a raped version of a great tactic fps)? I'm not denying the fact that PC devs generally care more about eSports & their communities than AAA console devs. But that doesn't really change the fact that Arena FPS fans (and especially Console Arena fps fans) have nothing to play. MCC is the only arena fps on the One. On the PC side UT is making a comeback and 2GD might eventually release Reborn. I think despite it's flaws and pointless features from Military FPS, h5 is still more Console Arena FPS than anything that has come out since Shadowrun.

I'm saying it's better to develop an interest in those games than to keep going back to the girl who was a knockout long ago and is now a meth addict living under a bridge asking for you money for "food" when you know she's lying. She keeps lying to you over and over again, saying she'll be the girl you once knew, but you know that girl is gone, it's been replaced by someone who's only motive for contacting you is to get more money to buy more drugs. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

1) Spartan Chatter has to go. It serves no purpose for teams that already have call outs. It is annoying and tiresome. 

2) The bro Spartan scenes before and after the game have to go. They are dreadful and childish. 

6) The Sniper Rifle aiming looks sluggish. The rate of fire is too slow.

One positive:

1) The zoomed in scope of the DMR is amazing looking. I would probably use that gun over the BR, which is terribly ugly. 

If you haven't played yet, the AR is much more balanced as a map pickup when there are never any more than 2 in play at a time.

6) The Sniper Rifle aiming looks sluggish. The rate of fire is too slow.

One positive:

if you've played, your positive will go down quick. DMR feels clunky to aim and you can't see shit with that scope in your face 

if you've played, your positive will go down quick. DMR feels clunky to aim and you can't see shit with that scope in your face 

This. Rather crossmap no scope than zoom in with the DMR. Hot damn it feels heavy, slow and half your POV is gone.

Other points are accurate however.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you haven't played yet, the AR is much more balanced as a map pickup when there are never any more than 2 in play at a time.

That's pretty cool. I didn't know that. 

:(

After playing on maps like Adrift for the past few games, I'm just glad to see anything with any semblance of elevation.

God I forgot that thing even existed, that map was terrible haha. These maps don't look bad, just nothing special imo