CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Did you try shooting them? I'm curious now lol.

They die to grenades but seem unnaffected by gunfire. Yes I sat there and tested it. Lol

At this point it's kind of inevitable that a poll on Waypoint will show more likes for sprint. It's been a long time since Halo has been how anti-sprint fans want it to be, and so I imagine a large percentage of those fans don't bother going on Waypoint at all. I imagine most of them don't even follow Halo in general that much any more. Most of them probably check out the trailer and a couple minutes of gameplay when they hear about it, realize it's the same modern nonsense and then quickly move on without looking back.

One of the best places to look for neutral opinions on Halo is YouTube comments on Halo trailers and soundtrack videos, because there wouldn't seem to be much reason for one side to comment more than the other... Well apart from the fact that people who still enjoy where Halo has come are more likely to watch Halo videos. But those types of videos are the closest thing you'll get to an accurate picture of how the overall fanbase feels.

In the comments of Halofollower videos, you'll see a majority of comments are in favour of sprint, due to the nature of that channel. If you look at the comments on pro player 1v1s on Halo CE, you'll see a majority of people hate sprint.

Look at places where there isn't any obvious reason for more of one side to be there than the other (soundtrack videos, trailers etc.), take into account that more people who like where Halo has come are going to be there and comment than those who don't care for modern Halo, and that should be your most accurate way of judging how popular sprint/modern Halo is. In 2015, just over two years after Halo 4 launched, a poll on Waypoint won't really cut it IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You instantly know if you like a game in the first few seconds of playing? lol ok.

Did I say that?

You said his comparison of taking a bite of food and then spitting out food instantly because you didn't like it was the same as watching 5 mins of a movie and then deciding it sucks. I said it isn't, because you only need one bite of food to know if you like it or not, not the whole meal, whereas a movie is a more lengthy process with a beginning, middle, and an end.

I simply expanded on why such a comparison of food vs. movie is ridiculous to make, that's all. I said nothing about how any of that relates to video games.

They die to grenades but seem unnaffected by gunfire. Yes I sat there and tested it. Lol

Lol I'm gonna include that in my H5 feedback: Bugs on Regret are OP. Should only take one BR shot to kill them.

Let's make sure that's sorted out before focusing on the less important issues like sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Did I say that?

You said his comparison of taking a bite of food and then spitting out food instantly because you didn't like it was the same as watching 5 mins of a movie and then deciding it sucks. I said it isn't, because you only need one bite of food to know if you like it or not, not the whole meal, whereas a movie is a more lengthy process with a beginning, middle, and an end.

I simply expanded on why such a comparison of food vs. movie is ridiculous to make, that's all. I said nothing about how any of that relates to video games.

No I didn't.

Lol I'm gonna include that in my H5 feedback: Bugs on Regret are OP. Should only take one BR shot to kill them.

Let's make sure that's sorted out before focusing on the less important issues like sprint.

Yeah, after all not having bugs die is pretty immersion breaking.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lets be honest, which one would they be more likely to change? lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

You instantly know if you like a game in the first few seconds of playing? lol ok.

Right from your very first game you can see things in a game that will make you not won't to play any more. Especially in a multiplayer game where the settings are similar with each game played. My first game of H5 I could tell that the map I played on was horrible. Sprint was back and wasn't balanced (despite what some people are saying) Sword was OP. AR felt like shit. And overall, to me, it didn't feel like Halo. 

After 12 or so more games, I felt the same, if not worse.

No I didn't.

Yes, you did. You said his food comparison was the worst ever. He replied, then you brought up the movie comparison. I'm not going to argue this with you: it's literally right there on the previous page. More to the point, it's not worth it.

It's funny, 343 literally don't give a shit about what we think of sprint.  What's the point of a beta if the biggest problem with the game doesn't get fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Reddit is a lost cause.

These guys literally want the skill gap to shrink. 

"I hate BR starts in Halo. I always have. It makes me not want to play. AR is better because it's fairer for most players rather than the BR which is better for better players."

• Upvote (+1) 5

These guys literally want the skill gap to shrink. 

"I hate BR starts in Halo. I always have. It makes me not want to play. AR is better because it's fairer for most players rather than the BR which is better for better players."

Sorry. The cause isn't lost, then. They cremated and buried it themselves.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's funny, 343 literally don't give a shit about what we think of sprint.  What's the point of a beta if the biggest problem with the game doesn't get fixed.

Thing that pisses me off the most from Waypointers is that they think we want to get rid of sprint because we aren't good at Halo with sprint.

lol.

Yes, you did. You said his food comparison was the worst ever. He replied, then you brought up the movie comparison. I'm not going to argue this with you: it's literally right there on the previous page. More to the point, it's not worth it.

Movie comparison was in reference to playing only a few games. 

I feel like I shouldn't have to explain this to you................

What are the Light Rifles kill statistics? 5 shot hip fire, 4 shot zoomed in? I haven't been able to test it much 

I think it's 4 shot hip fire, 3 shot zoomed (I know that for a fact) 

It's difficult to determine how many shots it takes in hip fire because it's so hard to land all your shots so I don't think I've done it yet. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thing that pisses me off the most from Waypointers is that they think we want to get rid of sprint because we aren't good at Halo with sprint.

lol.

It seems to me that sprint has actually made good players better and more annoying to play, and bad players far worse in Halo 5.  It just has so many other negatives that reduce the quality of the game in a larger sense.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What are the Light Rifles kill statistics? 5 shot hip fire, 4 shot zoomed in? I haven't been able to test it much 

3 shot zoomed, 4 shot unzoomed. Feel like the lowest aim assist after the pistol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol.

Reminds me of people telling me to "adapt" when I didn't like some of the changes in Halo 2.

I went to fucking Singapore for the WCG 2005 Halo 2 grand finals. I think I adapted pretty fucking well, don't you?