CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Regret has to be one of the worse maps I've ever played. I can never tell where I am, everything looks the SAME. Its like I'm in a mirror fun house. Maybe It'll be better after a dozen or so games but jesus that map need more visual variety. 

Which one is Regret? Is it the one like Midship?

Haha, thanks guys! I assumed you meant these, but wasn't sure.

Laugh at me all you want (like my friends do), but I'm playing Halo 5 (and all the other games) on such a thing.

Have the Halo 4 Thruster with the ability to melee or shoot, we're good.

IMO it still needs a .25 or .5 second charge time b4 a player can thrust- At mid to long range, thruster is far worse than sprint in terms of "get out of jail free card". 

Neg-Rep. Kid got caught in the open. Was dead to rights. Escaped *solely* because of thruster.

What about this is confusing to you, chief?

What about the guy that extends for Sniper on Lockout, and gets taken down to one-shot? He's out in the open, you've begun popping shots from BR3, he tucks his head and Strongside's to safety, escaping (with Sniper no less)... escaping "solely because" he turned his back, aimed at the ground, and ran away...

What's wrong with that? It's nearly the same thing... EDIT: ...and potentially even more punishing because he escaped with a power-weapon.

• Downvote (-1) 6

What about the guy that extends for Sniper on Lockout, and gets taken down to one-shot? He's out in the open, you've begun popping shots from BR3, he tucks his head and Strongside's to safety, escaping (with Sniper no less)... escaping "solely because" he turned his back, aimed at the ground, and ran away...

What's wrong with that? It's nearly the same thing.

both players are running away, but strongsiding carries a risk. thruster does it faster and effortlessly at the press of a button. . 

• Upvote (+1) 3

You and me both my man- Trying to spot the camo guy was next to impossible.

I have the 1ms asus as well. <3

Mine is the VN247-P, I believe. Got three of them actually. They're bloody AMAZING. And got them for a steal of a deal, too: $149.00 each with free 2-day shipping from Amazon Prime!

Which model do you have?

• Upvote (+1) 1

You literally can't play this game by yourself. In matched against parties of 4 who all talk, and know how to pay together. I have lost 9 or of my 10 game today and in getting destroyed by team shots and swords. Just off of that alone, I hate this game. And before prior say make new teammates, no one talks in this game. I had one teammate who's had a mic, I called out a one shot and he told me to shut up and finish my kills. This game is terrible for any kind of solo play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Mine is the VN247-P, I believe. Got three of them actually. They're bloody AMAZING. And got them for a steal of a deal, too: $149.00 each with free 2-day shipping from Amazon Prime!

Which model do you have?

Same here- I payed a little more though, i bought it at BestBuy- I wish i knew they were $150 on amazon, BBY does price match!

Good to know if i ever execute LAN on Wheels:)

• Upvote (+1) 1

You literally can't play this game by yourself. In matched against parties of 4 who all talk, and know how to pay together. I have lost 9 or of my 10 game today and in getting destroyed by team shots and swords. Just off of that alone, I hate this game. And before prior say make new teammates, no one talks in this game. I had one teammate who's had a mic, I called out a one shot and he told me to shut up and finish my kills. This game is terrible for any kind of solo play.

While I agree with your conclusion (at least to a degree), I disagree with your premise; I can do just fine on my own with no headset and/or mic against 4 opponents with.

Unless, of course, all three of my teammates are thumbless and the opposing team are all or mostly highly skilled players. In that case, ANYONE would get shat upon. But that would happen in ANY Halo game in that scenario...

That statement legit made me die laughing hahahaha.

But yeah do not even try to play solo- it effin blows.

I just run Breakout solo and slayer with the squad

Being able to strongside was already a step into the wrong direction, try it in Halo 1, you will get melted before you see your own feet. Thruster takes it even further, you can almost just teleport yourself a few meters away with the press of a button.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Same here- I payed a little more though, i bought it at BestBuy- I wish i knew they were $150 on amazon, BBY does price match!

Good to know if i ever execute LAN on Wheels:)

Yeah no doubt. Plus, I got mine like two years ago now so they're likely even cheaper on Amazon now. Or you could probably find a newer 24"/1ms LED with more options/better picture, or maybe a 27" with same specs and features as the older one (that we currently have now) for roughly the same ballpark price range ^.^

both players are running away, but strongsiding carries a risk. thruster does it faster and effortlessly at the press of a button. . 

I see your point, but it's still not a guarantee... If you're recently used Thruster Pack, you won't always be able to get away. Maybe you used it to extend, over-extended, get stuck in a firefight, and you really ARE stuck out in the open... you're done. Maybe you used it mid-duel, you're losing, can't get away... you're done. And maybe, you get killed mid-thrust or as you're thrusting... which does happen.

Idk, it's all situational and how you use it... good players will use it to a relatively high efficiency to get away. But it's not going to save you from death 100% of the time. In my opinion, it adds way more to the game than it detracts... Then again, I like the extra layer of decision-making a lot of these new abilities are bringing to the game.

Being able to strongside was already a step into the wrong direction, try it in Halo 1, you will get melted before you see your own feet. Thruster takes it even further, you can almost just teleport yourself a few meters away with the press of a button.

this is true some of the time. There are times when someone will close a distance with thruster, even though they could've accomplished the same thing if the just walked. It can be used to run away in its current form, but if tweaked at can be really good.

You and me both my man- Trying to spot the camo guy was next to impossible. 

I have the 1ms asus as well. <3

Shout out to the 32" HDTV fam. <3  B)

• Upvote (+1) 1

this is true some of the time. There are times when someone will close a distance with thruster, even though they could've accomplished the same thing if the just walked. It can be used to run away in its current form, but if tweaked at can be really good.

Yes, thruster is not fundamentally broken like sprint. It just needs the right adjustments.

I see your point, but it's still not a guarantee... If you're recently used Thruster Pack, you won't always be able to get away. Maybe you used it to extend, over-extended, get stuck in a firefight, and you really ARE stuck out in the open... you're done. Maybe you used it mid-duel, you're losing, can't get away... you're done. And maybe, you get killed mid-thrust or as you're thrusting... which does happen.

Idk, it's all situational and how you use it... good players will use it to a relatively high efficiency to get away. But it's not going to save you from death 100% of the time. In my opinion, it adds way more to the game than it detracts... Then again, I like the extra layer of decision-making a lot of these new abilities are bringing to the game.

IMO i think thruster, than sprint, are the two major features bringing down h5- Get rid of them both and you have a pretty damn good game- Still incorporate GP and slide- both i find extremely useful.

At the competitive level it is going to be 1 or 2 shots down, thrust behind wall. 

I would rather see slide implemented better than incorporating thruster. 

IMO i think thruster, than sprint, are the two major features bringing down h5- Get rid of them both and you have a pretty damn good game- Still incorporate GP and slide- both i find extremely useful.

At the competitive level it is going to be 1 or 2 shots down, thrust behind wall.

I would rather see slide implemented better than incorporating thruster.

Strafing is a joke though so without thrusting gunfights are first shot wins

And absolutely. I'm only mid onyx and thrust into cover on impulse when low.

Everyone will be ola or side in this game

What about no sprinting if below a certain point shields.

Maybe the threshold where they start beeping

• Upvote (+1) 2

What if they gave a +5 seconds to shield regeneration after a player thruster packs? Just throwing around random ideas

Shout out to the 32" HDTV fam. <3  B)

I see you. Im rocking that 32 in Samsung from probably 2005 lol. Been serving me well

• Upvote (+1) 1

What if they gave a +5 seconds to shield regeneration after a player thruster packs? Just throwing around random ideas

Or maybe 20 second cooldown?

Or 3 thrusters per life or something.

Definitely needs a nerf, though.

• Upvote (+1) 1