CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Whats really fucked up is I had more fun on this game when it was AR/pistol starts.

well the pistol is just awesome IMO, I always have fun using it.

Whole tweet...

33e5b20510.png

When the hell does cover never play a role? I mean come on now his justification are ludicrous. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whats really fucked up is I had more fun on this game when it was AR/pistol starts.

That's because with BR starts even the noobs realize that all you have to do is just sit in one spot the whole game.

On Eden there is literally no reason to move. I've won multiple games just camping sword room. Sure, they get the snipe but you get the sword. That sword while sprinting is ridiculous.

I'm sure if it was pro vs pro the setup would be a little different but the premise is the same. It's like if every game was TS Lockout in Halo 2 but because of thruster packs you die even less so every game just runs to the time limit.

When the hell does cover never play a role? I mean come on now his justification are ludicrous. 

In Josh Holmes' mind, anything is possible. Even a situation where someone is stupid enough to not be camping and hiding by a corner to thrust around when they start getting shot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since the release of the Halo 5 Beta, the community has been split into two. One half of it accepts the changes and enjoys the fresh new experience, while the other half absolutely despises it with a passion. In my case, it was hard to like and adjust to at first, but once I got a feel for it, I found myself falling into the first category; I loved the game.Halo 5: Guardians is not at all like Halo 2 or Halo 3, but rather an evolution of Halo multiplayer and, as much as I hate to say this, is what a person would and should expect from a modern FPS shooter. Classic Halo is there for everyone on Halo: MCC, and once 343i fixes that game, I'm sure the nostalgic can continue to have their incredible memories on there. (I know I will!) But the direction the series is headed is inevitable; 343i won't keep Halo the exact same forever, and there's nothing we can do to stop that. So instead of bashing at Halo 5, we should all work hard to find ways to balance everything. The game's core gameplay itself can remain intact with change, and it pretty much does in Halo 5. That being said, there are definitely some things that need fixing, but that's what betas are for. Now I'm not trying to persuade or force anyone to like the game. I'm simply introducing what it is that I like and what it is that I don't like about Halo 5, which is no different from any other feedback thread, just my own personal criticism. Shall we begin?

1. Sprint

This ability was my biggest pet peeve in Halo 4 and my biggest concern for Halo 5. I hate the way Sprint is incorporated into Halo 4, as I do in any other FPS shooter; however, in Halo 5 you are punished for sprinting at the wrong time. The lack of shield recharge during sprint is the perfect balance for it and returns us to good ol' no-running-away-Halo-combat. Quite often I found myself laughing hysterically after landing a headshot on a Spartan, who ran for miles in an effort to escape my teammates only to find me in his face right at the end.

Sprint fits into Halo at last.

2. Spartan Abilities

The only abilities that are commonly used are Clamber and Thrust, which are great to use and fit perfectly into the game. Besides that, I almost never see any Spartan Abilities in use. Charge? People are too scared to use it, and it's not even that effective when they do. Slide? That's just for showing off and does absolutely nothing. Ground Pound? People don't have the higher ground to do it most of the time, and the ability itself is not as powerful as people might think. I also don't mind the stabilizers because I can turn those off.

My point is that these abilities don't hinder the game too much and are extremely satisfying to pull off. I love them.

3. SmartScope

I gotta say, I'm not a huge fan of this feature because of how "off" and unnecessary it feels. The field of view is more limited than in the past, which is something that bothers me.I prefer the old scope.

4. AR Starts and BR Starts

I have no idea how 343i did it, but I've suddenly changed from being a BR starts supporter to an AR starts supporter in this game. This game variant actually proves how useful every weapon in Halo 5 actually is and works best with the game's dynamics. This game was designed in a way that makes AR Starts the more viable option in my eyes. 343i just needs to remove SmartScope from the AR or at least nerf its damage when scoped.

I prefer AR starts way more than BR starts in this game specifically.

5. Weapons

Personally, I don't mind the new indicators on the power weapons. It makes the game even more intense and pushes people to fight over power weapons a lot more than before. What I don't like is the audible reminder "PTCHK Sniper Rifle in 30 seconds PTCHK", because it's pointless when there's an indicator above the weapon anyway. As for the power weapons, I think they're all perfect, except the Sniper's zoom animation needs to be tweaked a bit and the Sword needs to make some kind of sound when it's taken out by a player to alert people around corners in case the swordsman is camping. 343i should also bring back weapon images when approaching a weapon to pick it up.

Power weapons are great, but I can't say the same for that annoying Spartan on the communications channel. My favorite power weapon thus far would have to be the Sniper Rifle, mainly because of how heavy and perfect it feels.

6. Spartan Chatter

Spartan chatter really doesn't bother me at all. It's just that random spartan that keeps talking about the power weapons spawning that really annoys me.I can finally hear callouts from mic-less people!

7. Little to No Aim Assist

The game is much harder than previous Halo's. It's harder to earn your kills, which is great; however, there seems to be an animation that causes your Spartan to flinch when firing your weapon.

I love the difficulty in aiming. They just need to fix the flinch glitch.

8. Grenades

The grenades are slightly overpowered. They need to be toned down just a bit so that grenade spam doesn't wreck you 24/7.

I think it would be best if they used the grenade blast radius from Halo 3.

9. Breakout

This game mode is great; it's intense and extremely thrilling. My only problem with it is that you can pick up grenades on the map. I think everyone should be limited to one grenade.

The game variant is awesome, but it could use a few tweaks here and there.

10. Spawns and Respawns

The game's spawns are a bit crazy, especially on Truth and Regret. I believe they should be altered to make spawn killing much less frequent than it currently is in game variants such as BR Starts. I also would like the option to have no killcam upon death. It doesn't even show how I died unless it was by a grenade.

With better spawns, the game would be better balanced, and without killcams, many people would be happy.

And there you have it, my feedback. Post your thoughts!

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 12

Just won a 50-0 on Eden. Got a flawless spawn trap going - the map needs something in Security (like camo) so that the trap isn't as unbreakable as the one we made. Something as simple as that with support from the Light Rifle already in there would probably help a lot.

Now that ranks are a little more sorted out, as soon as you start playing good people or a To4, it becomes INSTANTLY obvious that this game is not competitively viable. Not even close.

Playing against idiots with AR starts can be fun because intelligent players can abuse thruster/sprint, know immediately where to go for BR and power weapons, and can control the game outright.

Once everyone has a BR, and you aren't playing against people who aren't braindead, the slow pace of the game, lack of map flow, and constant abuse of sprint/thruster turn the game into an absolute mess. It resembles the gridlock of Lockout TS combined with the randomness/frustration of H4 Haven.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He didn't actually lose 79 points. Its a UI bug. He only lost at most -19 points or w/e. The -75 or higher loss is when you go down a tier. It's just a silly bug. 

I've gotten -85 while keeping my rank.  went from 3/4th full to about 1/5th full.

Not gonna lie, I yelled at my screen....

Just won a 50-0 on Eden. Got a flawless spawn trap going - the map needs something in Security (like camo) so that the trap isn't as unbreakable as the one we made. Something as imple as that with support from the Light Rifle already in there would probably help a lot.

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/81f45df0-31bb-440f-97c6-b9706670d82a?gamerTag=Vode%20CE&scid=03a80100-9ff3-46ea-be76-e00e7fe465df

;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/61247c7c-cc41-4641-be4c-ebd3f1e65f18?gamerTag=I%20am%20Nemer&scid=03a80100-9ff3-46ea-be76-e00e7fe465df

Sprint IMO isnt the main problem. Thruster is. In what world is this ok? @@Deez @@Sal1ent @@Bravo

Edit: Not sure how to embed the clip, if its even possible @@CyReN

What's the problem here? He thrusted away, big deal... you've never been able to win every battle in Halo - past games had their own little mechanics and methods of escape as well...

Then you quickly became outnumbered, and were in a viable enough position to thruster away and back down yourself, but you didn't... Just keeping it real, it seems to me that you were simply out-manned and out-played.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 7

What's the problem here? He thrusted away, big deal... you've never been able to win every battle in Halo - past games had their own little mechanics and methods of escape as well...

Then you quickly became outnumbered, and were in a viable enough position to thruster away and back down yourself, but you didn't... Just keeping it real, it seems to me that you were simply out-manned and out-played.

Agreed.  I think the thruster in H4 was perfect.  It does thrust a bit too far in its current state, but sprint needs to be fixed moreso than the thruster.

Someone mentioned it earlier, only allow sprinting while full shields.  343 is never going to remove sprint, at least not in this game (and I have no confidence in them to remove it all together moving forward).  It's a perfect balance IMO.  

Agreed.  I think the thruster in H4 was perfect.  It does thrust a bit too far in its current state, but sprint needs to be fixed moreso than the thruster.

Someone mentioned it earlier, only allow sprinting while full shields.  343 is never going to remove sprint, at least not in this game (and I have no confidence in them to remove it all together moving forward).  It's a perfect balance IMO.

thruster definitely needs to be toned down just a little bit, and allow us to shoot while doing it to encourage more offensive tactics.

ya i'm gonna have to agree with that thruster video. both of those guys were out in the open and then effortlessly thrusted back into cover. i had no idea you could even thrust that far, but it looks like thruster also forgives poor positioning and situational awareness. that's some bullshit. 

if he thrusted back into cover also, then it only further proves that all this shit slows the game down by prolonging encounters. 

Regret has to be one of the worse maps I've ever played. I can never tell where I am, everything looks the SAME. Its like I'm in a mirror fun house. Maybe It'll be better after a dozen or so games but jesus that map need more visual variety. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Now that ranks are a little more sorted out, as soon as you start playing good people or a To4, it becomes INSTANTLY obvious that this game is not competitively viable. Not even close.

Playing against idiots with AR starts can be fun because intelligent players can abuse thruster/sprint, know immediately where to go for BR and power weapons, and can control the game outright.

Once everyone has a BR, and you aren't playing against people who aren't braindead, the slow pace of the game, lack of map flow, and constant abuse of sprint/thruster turn the game into an absolute mess. It resembles the gridlock of Lockout TS combined with the randomness/frustration of H4 Haven.

sad part is HCS, ranks and spectator mode are going to mask the game's shallowness by making it look competitive.