CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Nah, CE system was the best. AR + Pistol is goat, when balanced properly. Pistol is already more skillful than BR in this game, with a buff (and AR nerf) it'd be perfect. Honestly, it surprises me that the competitive community has such a hard-on for the BR - almost as strong as the casuals' hate of the BR 

They would have to nerf the AR way more than they will for AR + Pistol to be fine with me across the board. Remove the zoom, or at least have it actually spread while zoomed in and why the fuck does an automatic weapon have a headshot bonus? If they nerf the AR to a point where it's a close - mid range spray and pray weapon like it's supposed to be then it's fine with me. It worked in CE because you could outskill a assault rifle with a pistol at any point in the game and the AR was actually useful for quick camo and meleeing. Neither of the latter two matter in h5. Obviously AR fans want their gun to be viable vs pistol/br so as I said, we should just have gametypes like we had in previous halos. This is all just for random MM. Competitive play should either be pistol spawn, DMR + Pistol or BR only (if they reduce BR bullet magnetism/aim assist).

After getting placed in silber II it took me 76 games to get into onyx I. I think that the ranking system is pretty good but 10 matches are not enough to place someone correctly. And no one should be placed into semi pro or pro after 10 games.

In Starcraft 2 (which this system is highly based off) you can only get up to Diamond (Onyx) from placement and even that is only possible if you win all of them. I played all my 10 breakout placement games with my gf and I got 1790 Pro while she got gold 1, that shit is fucked up. Once you have a ranking it seems like winning/loosing is the only thing that really matters and your personal game performance only affect points by 2-3 max, while how hard you rape them as a team determines points way more. However, during placements it almost seems like K/D is all that matters (I was main BR guy during the games and even got a killing frenzy during one of the games). You should never ever get semi-pro or better after placements and your league should be determined the same way the amount of points you gain/loose is determined, not purely through K/D/A.

You know what else is frustrating? People #immersing the fuck away.

Don't suck then? People can't sprint when they're getting shot trying to run away. You have to be at TV to NOT get shot out of sprint. 

I do think it should take longer to get to TV though. My suggestion was you can't sprint unless you're at full shields. Josh said it didn't play well :/

Also, what about a slower sprinting speed when not at full shields? It would make (sort of) sense lore wise...

• Downvote (-1) 11

Don't suck then? People can't sprint when they're getting shot trying to run away. You have to be at TV to NOT get shot out of sprint. 

I do think it should take longer to get to TV though. My suggestion was you can't sprint unless you're at full shields. Josh said it didn't play well :/

Also, what about a slower sprinting speed when not at full shields? It would make (sort of) sense lore wise...

Thrust around corner + sprint away. Happens literally every game, dipshit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've died too many times attempting to jump onto an object the halo way by simply crouch jumping up but instead im static in the air, free for people to shoot me. It forces me to considering clamber and it sucks :(

They have mechanic usage counters in their office that they follow on a daily basis, that they've tricked everyone into using by putting them into the regular halo controls. This is how they will validate not removing anything. :kappa:

1. Take Sprint out

2. Make ADS purely cosmetical or (better) just replace it with the traditional zoom

3. Clamber should at least take some skill to pull off

Nerf Thruster somehow

I've read quite a few times now that you guys are pushing for an objective in Breakout. How exactly is this supposed to work?

thruster needs both a nerf and a buff, shorter thruster distance but the ability to shoot while thrustering will make it much more of an offensive ability and could add to the skill gap.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

i don't understand why on this site the majority of the hatred is directing towards sprint. I rarely use it to get away or rarely let people get away using it. Compared to thruster, sprint is a non issue for me in regards to get out of jail free cards with thruster being the best defensive capability by far.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Thrust around corner + sprint away. Happens literally every game, dipshit.

The problem is not necessarily sprint... It is the efffin thruster. IMO it is way worse than sprint in terms of "get out of jail free" card. 

Thruster is the enabler for sprinting away.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Am I the only one who thinks the Eden hate is too early after just three days? I feel like it's taken me until now to get a decent grip on how to play it. I'm definitely enjoying both week 2 maps more than the week 1 offerings.

Besides, it's nothing that some OS/Camo and a good objective gametype like KotH can't fix.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The problem is not necessarily sprint... It is the efffin thruster. IMO it is way worse than sprint in terms of "get out of jail free" card.

the ability that pushes you a few feet every 5 seconds, is worse than the ability that stretches maps, and let's idiots run around indefinitely? Thrust is better because you can use it in a fight, and it actually has potential in halo, unlike sprint which we know is broken as fuck.

They would have to nerf the AR way more than they will for AR + Pistol to be fine with me across the board.  snip.

I'll agree to disagree. All they need to do is take away AR headshot damage, and reduce aim assist or add recoil or more spread. And give Magnum range/accuracy of BR, maybe a 4-shot kill.

I'll agree to disagree. All they need to do is take away AR headshot damage, and reduce aim assist or add recoil or more spread. And give Magnum range/accuracy of BR, maybe a 4-shot kill.

Well I think we kinda do agree then, I just want them to do all the things you listed + keep spread same when zooming. I just don't see them doing all of that.

the ability that pushes you a few feet every 5 seconds, is worse than the ability that stretches maps, and let's idiots run around indefinitely? Thrust is better because you can use it in a fight, and it actually has potential in halo, unlike sprint which we know is broken as fuck.

From my experience, Thruster is far more annoying- especially at high level.

I get 1-3 shots on a guy, he has no clue where i am, and he thrusts behind a corner. Like eff that man. It is literally the "safety button" in mid to long range gun fights. 

If they make the kill times under 1 second, it would not be nearly as abused, but with these kill times it is soo annoying! 

After playing almost 50 games, IMO sprint is a minor issue compared to the "Safety pack". 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think Thruster is broken as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It be nice if this beta had an FFA.

Would be nice if MCC had an FFA other than H2A

Went 11-4 with 2.8 KD in breakout, was last man and won the round at least 3 times, won the match overall, and only got +13 XP or whatever it is lol. I've gotten more for doing worse.

Also, that's pretty standard performance for me and yet I ranked Bronze III after my first 10 games, yet I did worse in my first 10 Slayer games and ranked Silver III (just a nut hair short of Gold).

The fuck?

I was watching NYSea play yesterday and he lost 79 points I think it was for losing a match in Breakout

From my experience, Thruster is far more annoying- especially at high level.

I get 1-3 shots on a guy, he has no clue where i am, and he thrusts behind a corner. Like eff that man. It is literally the "safety button" in mid to long range gun fights. 

If they make the kill times under 1 second, it would not be nearly as abused, but with these kill times it is soo annoying! 

After playing almost 50 games, IMO sprint is a minor issue compared to the "Safety pack".

thruster obviously needs balancing, right now it encourages running away because you can't shoot while doing it. I'd say nerf the distance a little and allow us to shoot, people won't be able to get away with it. That said, the way it is doesn't compare to sprint Imo.

thruster obviously needs balancing, right now it encourages running away because you can't shoot while doing it. I'd say nerf the distance a little and allow us to shoot, people won't be able to get away with it. That said, the way it is doesn't compare to sprint Imo.

I was thinking

• .25- .5 second charge time to thrust
  • Being able to shoot and thrust at the same time.
  • Keep everything else the same.

Yeah man this would have been much better for the casuals.

I firmly believe the casuals hate BR starts because they suck with them- and it not because they cant aim- it's because of there TVs having a response time greater than 2ms. 

Playing halo on a tv with anything greater than a 2ms reposnse time is garbage, specifically with precision weapons. The worse part is that the Casuals are not even aware of the issue. I wanna play on my 60 inch HD TV mannn!

I played a casual lan at a friends house and we were all on giant plasmas. I went into the basement and found an old crtv for me and the only other guy that really played halo, I could not deal with the input lag.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Am I the only one who thinks the Eden hate is too early after just three days? I feel like it's taken me until now to get a decent grip on how to play it. I'm definitely enjoying both week 2 maps more than the week 1 offerings.

Besides, it's nothing that some OS/Camo and a good objective gametype like KotH can't fix.

Agreed. Eden's asymmetry and diverse sandbox will play out awesome in numerous objective matches.

Slayer will never work on that map competitively but could see Extraction, KoTH, even Oddball played on it.

Not sure what I think about the Weapon Pad setup though, weird placements.