CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You have to hold in the button to do ground pound, you also have to be above jumping height.

Yeah Ik but thats the problem. I pretty much crouch every time I jump and then Im just a easy target. Of course you could say "dont crouch then" but I do so for 10+ years mow.

I have to #adapt then I guess :D

Nah it solves most of the problems. Map Scaling is the only big one left (that I can think of right now). So they can just bump movement speed anyways even if Sprint is in the game. Would still prefer for it to be removed though.

You could still get into battle much faster after respawn or run away from a bad position just before getting shot. Also, if 343 bumps movement speed they will increase sprint speed, too.

Nah it solves most of the problems. Map Scaling is the only big one left (that I can think of right now). So they can just bump movement speed anyways even if Sprint is in the game. Would still prefer for it to be removed though.

No. There are more problems besides what u mention , read cursed lemon post. And u cant just speed up movement when sprint is in there. Why would i use sprint then? Or buff sprint even more? Just no.

I said it already and say it again.

Nerf Sprint more and more doesnt help Sprint to be a part of Halo.

You could still get into battle much faster after respawn or run away from a bad position just before getting shot. Also, if 343 bumps movement speed they will increase sprint speed, too.

Well it would actually depend on how good you are at shooting them I guess. I don't actually mind getting into battle faster,  tbh it feels the same in H5 like it was in 2 or 3. I like the spawns a lot, because it is not affected by your FoV anymore I don't think.

No. There are more problems besides what u mention , read cursed lemon post. And u cant just speed up movement when sprint is in there. Why would i use sprint then? Or buff sprint even more? Just no.

I said it already and say it again.

Nerf Sprint more and more doesnt help Sprint to be a part of Halo.

Bro, you can at least respond with proper grammar man...

I hate Sprint as well, but do you think 343 is gonna remove it?

I love Cursed Lemon's post. I even said off the top of my head in brackets. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Okay, I gotta ask: what's with the while "potato" craze?

First it was every pro and pro-wannabe saying "a hundred percent", now it's everyone saying "potato" all the time as an insult. Where did this come from?

First it was every pro and pro-wannabe saying "a hundred percent", now it's everyone saying "potato" all the time as an insult. Where did this come from?

What? Potatos are great, why would that be used as an insult?

It's a way of saying ******.

''You're such a potato.''

Bro, you can at least respond with proper grammar man...

I know my english sucks, sorry for that. Not my mother tongue.

Just sad to look at people who are desperate kinda changing their opinion from "remove" to "nerf" cause 343 wont do shit.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Oh for fuck's sake, why is literally everyone on Waypoint asking for AR starts instead of BR starts?

Something too do with that's the way they like too play Halo.

Yeah Ik but thats the problem. I pretty much crouch every time I jump and then Im just a easy target. Of course you could say "dont crouch then" but I do so for 10+ years mow.

I have to #adapt then I guess :D

I've died too many times attempting to jump onto an object the halo way by simply crouch jumping up but instead im static in the air, free for people to shoot me. It forces me to considering clamber and it sucks :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

Only sprint while 100% shields!! Why is this a bad Idea @Sal1ent? You said it felt bad getting knocked out of sprint. I get that you don't want sprint to be purely offensive. I will accept that. How about this:

-Keep the system where you get knocked out of pre-sprinting.

-Make it so that you cannot START sprinting while below 100% shields.

-But if you were already sprinting, they cannot knock you out and you may keep sprinting but once you stop, you cannot continue until shields recharge completely.

This will not allow players to stop fighting and sprint away because they were hit before sprinting. But if you wanted to sprint from point A to point B, as long as you do NOT stop, they can't knock you out of sprint.

Pls tell me what is wrong with this! We need to agree on one idea.

• Downvote (-1) 2

I don't understand why competitive players get mad at AR starts for MM. Leave BR starts for comp and tourney playlist. And if we want to play anything else, the morons can suffer from losing the opening push. Halo has been out for so long, haven't they experienced a game of AR starts Valhalla yet? lmfao.

I know my english sucks, sorry for that. Not my mother tongue.

Just sad to look at people who are desperate kinda changing their opinion from "remove" to "nerf" cause 343 wont do shit.

Oh, that makes sense.

I want it removed so badly, but I have to be realistic at the same time 

I have a question for those of you who really aren't feeling Halo 5.

What would be the 3 most important changes 343 could make from our feedback that would take Halo 5 into good-Halo-game territory - the 3 things that simply can't go ignored.

1. Sprint needs to go.

2. Sprint needs to go.

3. Sprint needs to go.

I can put up with all the stupid shit like clamber and ground pound but sprint is absolutely the worst thing to happen to the Halo series.

There is no way to put sprint in the game that doesn't suck. I don't give a shit how 343 tries to "balance" sprint, it doesn't belong in Halo.

It works well in CoD because if you couldn't sprint from cover to cover the game wouldn't work since you can die in a single shot from most weapons in the game.

Sprint works well in BF because of the above reason, plus the fact that the maps are designed for vehicles and 64 players.

Halo doesn't fucking need sprint. It doesn't solve a game play issue. Never in Halo 1, 2 or 3 did I think "Gee, I sure need sprint right now".

• Upvote (+1) 7

Same with sprint, flinch, personal ordnance, armour lock and so on. My question comes in that I'm wondering what everyone thinks is so bad about BR starts. Perhaps you have the answer? I can't see the advantage of AR starts.

There's always been an AR/BR battle. There's not a lot of logic to it.

Part of me feels it exists because they think "Fuck them for wanting BR starts" while we think "Fuck them for wanting AR starts"

Although truth be told my reasoning behind "Fuck AR starts" is because (in H3 at least) you could do very little against decent people when you end up with an AR off spawn and they're destroying you with BRs from distance.

I'm not sure of the reasoning behind "Fuck BR starts." Maybe they just like spraying and hitting melee for their kills and there isn't any reasoning.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What would be the 3 most important changes 343 could make from our feedback that would take Halo 5 into good-Halo-game territory - the 3 things that simply can't go ignored.

In order of importance:

1. Sprint has to go. Increase movement speed noticeably as a tradeoff, and adjust acceleration/deceleration values to prevent the slippery feeling that can occur with increased speed.

2. Make sure that all power weapons are on appropriate maps - Hydra isn't great on Regret thanks to the geometry, but would be a lot more useful (and therefore more desirable and a bigger influence on the match) on Eden with its longer lines of sight and flanking opportunities.

3. Include powerful powerups on fast (2 minutes at most, preferably 1 minute) static timers on as many maps as possible! Camo that is hard to see, isn't interrupted by throwing grenades or melees and lasts for 45s. Overshield that gives 2 bonus layers of protection instead of just one and doesn't decay so fast that you can't take full advantage of it.

Pretty sure I could live with everything else staying as it is if they can get the basics of map flow down with the things I mentioned.

• Upvote (+1) 2

1. remove sprint or reintegrate it as a limited time turbo mechanic. otherwise, buff movement/strafe and tweak aim assist and bullet magnetism to compensate, then tweak thruster pack to act as a strafe enhancer and not a purely defensive mechanic.

2. significantly lower average kill time, and then give people a solid 4sk pistol at spawn. a good player should be able to outplay two people at the same time off spawn with this gun. this has been basically impossible since Halo 2. team shooting should be a skill, not a necessity. 

3. custom controls, or at least fix crouch jumping.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm curious, how many people at 343 have actually made an arena shooter before?  I'm not really seeing it with Halo 5 when it comes to anything really.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Same with sprint, flinch, personal ordnance, armour lock and so on. My question comes in that I'm wondering what everyone thinks is so bad about BR starts. Perhaps you have the answer? I can't see the advantage of AR starts.

When was the last time you played a Halo game where you didn't have an automatic in your loadout? Only in comp. playlists... which is what this beta is about. Wish they had a BTB/Casual Beta, running concurrently.

When was the last time you played a Halo game where you didn't have an automatic in your loadout? Only in comp. playlists... which is what this beta is about. Wish they had a BTB/Casual Beta, running concurrently.

Everyone seems to be against starting with a BR. I don't get why.

Lol I just noticed there are little bugs that run around on Regret. That's pretty cool.

At 1:57

Someone report this bug to 343?