CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Would anyone have problems with BR getting a faster RoF, DMR 4sk and Pistol also being 4sk? I feel this game is still very teamshot heavy

Edit: and if the shooting is too easy maybe decrease magnetism a little

All the Waypoint kids complaining about the killtimes already.

I have a couple of questions regarding the medals. What is Top Gun, Big Game Hunter and Hat Trick?

Top gun is reaching 10 kills.

big game hunter is killing somebody with a power weapon when you have one I think. (I rarely get this one)

Hat trick is 3 Headshot kills in a row.

50-25.. First time I ever played him. We both had teams of four. I was surprised he was in semi-pro rank. Kid sucks.

Yeah I know for a fact I have played on foreign servers. It ends up feeling like a bad host. It does not lag, but it is impossible to win a 1v1.

My team of 4 always has one of our players magically get replaced by an absolute potato which makes playing on 200-400 ping twice as painful.

I believe that He said a few weeks back that the only thing he dislike about H5 is the lower Aim assist

Wait, what idiot said that? That is the only redeeming quality of this game lol.

Top gun is reaching 10 kills.

big game hunter is killing somebody with a power weapon when you have one I think. (I rarely get this one)

Hat trick is 3 Headshot kills in a row.

Do you know about Hard target as well?

I don't mind fast kill times but can the fast kill times actually take skill? Getting killed by a twitchy 12 year old kid with an AR/SMG is not fun. The latency and the 'who sees who first wins' gameplay sometimes has me desperate to go back to 360 Halo.

My team of 4 always has one of our players magically get replaced by an absolute potato which makes playing on 200-400 ping twice as painful.

That happens sometimes. What you can do is stay in a party chat. If one of your players gets kicked, your team can snap party and select "leave multiplayer" from the party screen. It will put you back in lobby. Much faster than killing the App.

Competitive Halo is going to die the way it's going. I really think all 343i cares about now is what they like, and how much money they will get out of it. They really aren't going to listen to us. 

It is dead right now. Even with "dev support" we can hardly break the 20k barrier. But  :weback: though!!!!1

Do you know about Hard target as well?

I get that a lot. Survive when no shields x amount of times. (not sure how many)

They should just call that medal lol sprint/thruster.

It was never seen as a beginners fps - it was an alternative for those who didn't want to play Arena shooters. This was back when UT and Quake dominated the fps scene.

Yeah it was. CS was a game for players to escape from the large skill gap in Quake 3 and UT. I've said it before and I'll say it again, CS is competitively popular for its support, not its gameplay.

I'd like to see some population counters for 343's games. I wonder if they didn't put it in so people couldn't see the embarrassing numbers and statistics. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Sometimes they feel too fast, sometimes too slow. The teamshot is so strong(mostly do to maps), that you just get melted sometimes. In 1v1s it feels slow and frustrating with all the tools to escape. 

I don't mind fast kill times but can the fast kill times actually take skill? Getting killed by a twitchy 12 year old kid with an AR/SMG is not fun. The latency and the 'who sees who first wins' gameplay sometimes has me desperate to go back to 360 Halo.

Simply limit the amount of ARs and SMGs to 1 or 2 per map. In this hypothetical situation, the BR/DMR/Magnum would be better suited to taking on an AR up head to head.

Just reached 1 day gametime sweated it to pro in both playlists, wanted to sweat it a decent amount before forming an opinion or feedback.

at first i was saying how the game felt fresh.But now the honeymoon period is over the game feels so repetitive every game is so slow you just constantly end up holding hands with your team mates, locking down a position to get an angle on the other team, who are doing the same thing and the game is usually just 1 kill at a time as both teams just constantly trying to bait each other out like a standoff on lockout ts.

thruster: its pretty much a different escape mechanic to sprint, like the ar is to br, use it to get away from those close range encounters when you over extend a little to much or are down in a br fight or to quickly exit a position/area generally, just slowing down the gameplay and making bait and switching much more tedious.

Sprint: still just as op as h4, still use it for exact same purpose but having this plus thruster consistently makes it so easy to get out of situations you shouldn't, sprint gives the illusion of speeding up gameplay. but speeds it down so much, people just use sprint to run to their team mates spawn to get baited when that should never happen, so many times iv made a good team push and last 2 guys have ran to their team mates spawn across the map.

sprint just makes it so easy to get to your team quickly its a joke you can get caught in a bad position, no worries just sprint to you team mates to get baited. your team mates making a dumb push no worries just sprint to him to bait him.

also another downside to sprint it makes it much harder to predict spawns or player moment also stuff like pre-aiming and grenades etc.

Maps: to put it simple there's way to much cover on all the maps truth it is way to easy to stay in the base. on empire snipers spawn outside and to and red and blue on eden all spawn around general spawn zones need like an OS to mid to encourage teams to stop playing the campy red and outside setup / blue and tower setup and actually move for weapons, also way to many clamber routes to get to power positions quickly just helps slow the game down.

breakout is slow as fuck just like ts. breakout needs an objective to encourage players to actually move or at least some weapons, the better people get the slower it will get and its pretty fucking slow now.

don't really mind the ADS feel like it makes the AR feel useful against teams setup with good weapons. in ar starts a starting weapon should always have the chance to kill any weapon which is something which lacked in ar starts in past halos. it also makes game look more fresh

charge slide and ground pound are all ok, i am sure some people could get really good with these features after a few months. they just add to the skillgap ,also you can pull of montage plays with them and once again brings some fresh features might as well have these if we have to deal with sprint and thruster.

clamber: biggest problem with clamber is the the excessive amount of clamber routes on maps. it is way to easy to get to powerful positions from low positions using this thing, need to get rid of loads of these jumps because it is way to easy to get to some of these positions easily without being punished for being in such a shit position in the first place.

spawns the spawns are way to easy to get out off due to a few reasons. one is the spawn system just like h4 spawns you complete opposite away from other team, but in this game it spawns you into way to much cover. combine that spawn with being super far way in tons of cover as well as there usually being a bunch of clamber routes of their spawn and with sprint and thruster. it is hard to predict the exact spawn or where there going to go due to the amount of places they can go off their spawn. as well as most spawn zones being so covered theirs no need to fight out of them you just camp them, it is impossible to get a bunch of spawn cycles on other team because you cant, rather because they sprint thrust jump clamber somewhere else or there spawn is in way to much cover.

Ranking system: it is pretty solid only gripe is if u lag out but your team wins u should still receive points for winning not losing.

TLDR GAME ISS MEH and tbh will probably be meh with sprint and thruster but can still get better with fixing stuff like maps spawns and clamber

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have a couple of questions regarding the medals. What is Top Gun, Big Game Hunter and Hat Trick?

First to get to 10 kills on your team

Kill a sniper with a non power weapon?

3 headshots in a row/in one life.

Whoops, thought I was one a different page.

Fuck this games pathetic excuse of "ranked" matchmaking. Every game there is a fucking thumbless fucking turnip going neg 10-20. The vast majority of the time, I am the only player on my team going positive.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone else tired of this game already?

I'm not touching it anymore. It's negatively effected my first few days of 2015. People said to try and despite it looking like trash, funnily enough it played like trash. I won't give feedback as to why it's trash because other people that are more vocal/passionate about the future of Halo can do it for me.

Just reached 1 day gametime sweated it to pro in both playlists, wanted to sweat it a decent amount before forming an opinion or feedback.

at first i was saying how the game felt fresh.But now the honeymoon period is over the game feels so repetitive every game is so slow you just constantly end up holding hands with your team mates, locking down a position to get an angle on the other team, who are doing the same thing and the game is usually just 1 kill at a time as both teams just constantly trying to bait each other out like a standoff on lockout ts.

thruster: its pretty much a different escape mechanic to sprint, like the ar is to br, use it to get away from those close range encounters when you over extend a little to much or are down in a br fight or to quickly exit a position/area generally, just slowing down the gameplay and making bait and switching much more tedious.

Sprint: still just as op as h4, still use it for exact same purpose but having this plus thruster consistently makes it so easy to get out of situations you shouldn't, sprint gives the illusion of speeding up gameplay. but speeds it down so much, people just use sprint to run to their team mates spawn to get baited when that should never happen, so many times iv made a good team push and last 2 guys have ran to their team mates spawn across the map.

sprint just makes it so easy to get to your team quickly its a joke you can get caught in a bad position, no worries just sprint to you team mates to get baited. your team mates making a dumb push no worries just sprint to him to bait him.

also another downside to sprint it makes it much harder to predict spawns or player moment also stuff like pre-aiming and grenades etc.

Maps: to put it simple there's way to much cover on all the maps truth it is way to easy to stay in the base. on empire snipers spawn outside and to and red and blue on eden all spawn around general spawn zones need like an OS to mid to encourage teams to stop playing the campy red and outside setup / blue and tower setup and actually move for weapons, also way to many clamber routes to get to power positions quickly just helps slow the game down.

breakout is slow as fuck just like ts. breakout needs an objective to encourage players to actually move or at least some weapons, the better people get the slower it will get and its pretty fucking slow now.

don't really mind the ADS feel like it makes the AR feel useful against teams setup with good weapons. in ar starts a starting weapon should always have the chance to kill any weapon which is something which lacked in ar starts in past halos. it also makes game look more fresh

charge slide and ground pound are all ok, i am sure some people could get really good with these features after a few months. they just add to the skillgap ,also you can pull of montage plays with them and once again brings some fresh features might as well have these if we have to deal with sprint and thruster.

clamber: biggest problem with clamber is the the excessive amount of clamber routes on maps. it is way to easy to get to powerful positions from low positions using this thing, need to get rid of loads of these jumps because it is way to easy to get to some of these positions easily without being punished for being in such a shit position in the first place.

spawns the spawns are way to easy to get out off due to a few reasons. one is the spawn system just like h4 spawns you complete opposite away from other team, but in this game it spawns you into way to much cover. combine that spawn with being super far way in tons of cover as well as there usually being a bunch of clamber routes of their spawn and with sprint and thruster. it is hard to predict the exact spawn or where there going to go due to the amount of places they can go off their spawn. as well as most spawn zones being so covered theirs no need to fight out of them you just camp them, it is impossible to get a bunch of spawn cycles on other team because you cant, rather because they sprint thrust jump clamber somewhere else or there spawn is in way to much cover.

Ranking system: it is pretty solid only gripe is if u lag out but your team wins u should still receive points for winning not losing.

TLDR: GAME IS MEH and tbh will probably be meh with sprint and thruster but can still get better with fixing stuff like maps spawns and clamber

• Upvote (+1) 1