CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Guys if anyone from 343i points to the Waypoint poll about sprint, spam the self selection bias link

• Upvote (+1) 5

@DMC_Ryan The AR could stand to be buffed a tad, at least judging by the first day of the beta, but you're 100% correct. Battle Rifle is OP.

— Alex Kane (@alexjkane) January 4, 2015

In all honesty. ^^^^^^^^343 Target audience

EDIT: no idea how to add tweet

just copy and paste the link

Main problem with Breakout is I am CONSISTENTLY the only one with any kills (or at least, more than 1 or 2) throughout the entire match. I finished one match with 12 kills, and only one other person on my team had any kills, and he only had 1.

I mean seriously...

The only power weapon Ryan needs seems to be a legendary shovel, so he can keep digging that deep (read: immersive) hole he's getting himself comfortable in.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Diggin' up them holes, diggin', diggin' up dem holes diggin'...

construction.png

Heh, we be thinking ze same thing, comrade.

He's one of those guys that would cite how OP the CE pistol is and then complain how many times he gets killed by a rocket launcher and/or camo dude. 

But there is no incentive to go after power weapons if you start with such an OP gun right Ryan??? 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I mean... I have fun with the game and it's only a few things that are doing this game an injustice. But I was thinking how Empire could play CTF and Hill well with the right weapon placements. I think that CTF on Regret would play more or less like Onslaught flag or at least it would look like it would play faster than Truth. Whereas I can see Empire playing CTF like The Pit more or less.  And how Eden is by what I can tell, asymmetrical, it would play Oddball well but I think that 343 will go all the way with classic objective gametypes and change them dramatically where they won't even be recognizable and that makes me very sad. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I believe that He said a few weeks back that the only thing he dislike about H5 is the lower Aim assist

• Upvote (+1) 3

Guys if anyone from 343i points to the Waypoint poll about sprint, spam the self selection bias link

Any waypoint poll is meaningless. Most competitive players got themselves perma-banned by arguing with shitty kids with 0.5 K/ds about why sprint is bad, and Br starts are good.

Absolutely shit on greenskull earlier on H5. Felt good. :). He is not so good when he can't ground pound journalists. You would think all that pre-beta release time would help.

Any waypoint poll is meaningless. Most competitive players got themselves perma-banned by arguing with shitty kids with 0.5 K/ds about why sprint is bad, and Br starts are good.

Absolutely shit on greenskull earlier on H5. Felt good. :).

I know, but still gotta land some jabs where we can at this point

• Upvote (+1) 2

Competitive Halo is going to die the way it's going. I really think all 343i cares about now is what they like, and how much money they will get out of it. They really aren't going to listen to us. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Counter Strike wasn't always seen as some kind of "light in the darkness" of comp FPS, it was seen as the "Beginner's FPS" on PC for years before CoD came along and took over the title.

It was never seen as a beginners fps - it was an alternative for those who didn't want to play Arena shooters. This was back when UT and Quake dominated the fps scene.

Yet more casual players play CS than any other shooter. Hmmm...

Edit: On the PC btw. The only place CS is played.

More casual players have an interest in the competitive scene. Tournament numbers over the past decade show that a pretty big portion of players have at least some interest

• Upvote (+1) 1

Counter Strike wasn't always seen as some kind of "light in the darkness" of comp FPS, it was seen as the "Beginner's FPS" on PC for years before CoD came along and took over the title.

It was never seen as a beginners fps - it was an alternative for those who didn't want to play Arena shooters. This was back when UT and Quake dominated the fps scene.

Yet more casual players play CS than any other shooter. Hmmm...

Edit: On the PC btw. The only place CS is played.

More casual players have an interest in the competitive scene. Tournament numbers over the past decade show that a pretty big portion of players have at least some interest.

Main problem with Breakout is I am CONSISTENTLY the only one with any kills (or at least, more than 1 or 2) throughout the entire match. I finished one match with 12 kills, and only one other person on my team had any kills, and he only had 1.

I mean seriously...

It's tough to do a lot when you don't have the BR.

I don't really mind the whole dynamic of having an "AWPer", but it sucks in a ranking system based on scoreboard positioning.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's tough to do a lot when you don't have the BR.

I don't really mind the whole dynamic of having an "AWPer", but it sucks in a ranking system based on scoreboard positioning.

I only get the BR about half the time, yet I still either lead the team or at least get one kill per round, usually more. It's not difficult as long as you're not engaging the other BR from mid/long range with an SMG.

The game plays pretty good with BR starts, I didn't think I would like this game at all, but I kind of do....

Here is what I think needs to change so far except the obvious stuff that needs polishing:

Ranks: It honestly is not that inspiring to pursuit the ranks in Halo 5. The ranking system implemented into MCC is way better.

Sprint: I would love to see it removed completely, but with the way they built the maps this could be game breaking.

Weapon Zoom: God how annoying is this? After you switch and pick up weapons you have to wait ten years before you can zoom....

Also glare has to be toned down. Impossible to see in certain area's of maps.

Yes it was man I remember it vividly...it was quite literally the "Beginner's FPS" of its era on PC. CSS especially. 

Absolutely shit on greenskull earlier on H5. Felt good. :). He is not so good when he can't ground pound journalists. You would think all that pre-beta release time would help.

I played him too. Too bad the foreign host is practically cheating.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The blue spartans blend too much with most of the environments.

Sliding, charging, and stabilizing add no depth or anything positive to gameplay.

Ground pound I actually don't mind too much.

Clamber is fine by me.

Spartan chatter is beyond terrible.

Sprint is the devil.

Thruster packs would be fine by themselves, but when you add them on top of sprint they are pretty unbearable.

Scoping in on any weapon just feels plain wrong.

The kill feed should be displayed more prominently, maybe bolder text or moving it back to the old location.

Automatics need range nerfs

Too much beeping everywhere. In fact, just too much noise in general. I miss when the only noises were shooting, reloading, and getting sheilds up.

Sheilds recharge a tad too fast.

Getting cool medals is pretty satisfying once again, just need to remove some of the uneccesary ones.

Please remove the awful post game celebration garbage.

Why does the reticule change when you are sprinting?

There needs to be a way to turn off kill cams.

The maps are just ok. Nothing to say here really other than that truth is too big.

Overall the game isn't too bad with BR starts. Doesn't really feel like Halo but it is growing on me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I only get the BR about half the time, yet I still either lead the team or at least get one kill per round, usually more. It's not difficult as long as you're not engaging the other BR from mid/long range with an SMG.

When I was playing last night with a party of 4, we always had a lopsided scoreboard. Usually the one at the top was the person getting a BR every round.

I played him too. Too bad the foreign host is practically cheating.

50-25.. First time I ever played him. We both had teams of four. I was surprised he was in semi-pro rank. Kid sucks.

Yeah I know for a fact I have played on foreign servers. It ends up feeling like a bad host. It does not lag, but it is impossible to win a 1v1.