CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Judging from his youtube channel he appears to be the perhaps only person in the entire world who legitimately liked Halo 4

A quick google search also shows he's a moderator on Waypoint

So there you go

It's just nepotism, not sure why this is making you so mad Lemon

*facepalm*

These guys really don't understand how a ranking system is supposed to work do they

If there are no worthy opponents in queue and your elo is so far above theirs that you have a 95% chance of victory then no, you don't smash on some irons, you wait in queue

Former Waypoint mod. He didn't do anything even when he was.

Well if they won't answer our questions, let see if we can get greenskull to ask the questions we want answers to.

Lol greenskull isn't going to ask them the hard hitting questions. He might lose his exclusivity and free copies of games

• Upvote (+1) 7

The fun factor is wearing off. The game feels hollow. The maps definitely need more incentive to move. Why is there no OS? Where is the camo?

Everybody plays so damn passive. Camping is the best strategy. Its just not fun to play and the maps are terrible. The lines of site are so long and you can't move.

After being for thruster, I am 100% against it now. It saves bad plays much more than sprint. As soon as you catch a player out of position he thrust away.

The first two points of this I definitely agree with and was thinking about last night.  There is no incentive to move except for the 1-2 power weapons, and if your team is set up around these weapons there is literally no reason to move. 

Does anyone else absolutely hate breakout? I played 2 games of it and that was enough for me.  Each game of TS I check service records of the people I match and 90% of people seem to have given up on it during the placement games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Won a game against an organized to4, while having shitty teammates going full neg... +18 points.

Lost a game against to4 while having shitty teammates going full retar- I mean neg... -90 points, lost the house, my gf left me, robbers took everything, MS burns my family in front of me and a "YOU SUCK" medal appears permanently in my service records.

That's what kind of happens when you lose with shitty randoms.

• Upvote (+1) 7

The fun factor is wearing off. The game feels hollow. The maps definitely need more incentive to move. Why is there no OS? Where is the camo?

Everybody plays so damn passive. Camping is the best strategy. Its just not fun to play and the maps are terrible. The lines of site are so long and you can't move.

After being for thruster, I am 100% against it now. It saves bad plays much more than sprint. As soon as you catch a player out of position he thrust away.

The two times I've had the displeasure of playing a competitive game of this in parties it became a thrust around corner fest. No point in continuing to engage someone once you have been shot twice.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

If there are no worthy opponents in queue and your elo is so far above theirs that you have a 95% chance of victory then no, you don't smash on some irons, you wait in queue

Top tier players don't even care about the extra time it takes to find a worthy game. We played dead games for years.

I'm also matching unrankeds, lost 60 points because I lagged out from a 45-3 match. Would have gotten 1 point out of that.

https://twitter.com/JoshingtonState/status/551037938247540736

Wow what is with the attitude? He came off as a total asshole. 

His point was dead on- why are semi pros/ pros not pairing with the next closest rank- onyxs? I mean to match a semi/pro rank with a gold/ silver/ no rank is plain old stupid. 

At 343 the saying goes, if it ain't broke, break it..... and If it's broke, don't fix it.

#343logic

• Upvote (+1) 5

It's the Halo 4 maps all over again. The only "sightlines" on each regular map sans Truth are a couple of sniper lanes. Other than that it's just close-range pits and enclosures. I can just hear Kynan Pearson doing his monotone "so yeah, ummm, here we have provided an alley for sniping" map descriptions all over again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thruster is atleast 3 times as bad as sprint as a get out of jail free card. Not only is it extremely useful for evading danger and getting out of trouble which you shouldn't be able to do, but it empowers sprint to be the get out of jail card which it shouldn't be.

There definitely needs to be different power weapon placement though, I really wish rockets were picked instead of the abomination which is the hydra.

Thruster is absolutey terrible for gunfights. It makes them so drawn out and boring.

The two times I've had the displeasure of playing a competitive game of this in parties it became a thrust around corner fest. No point in continuing to engage someone once you have been shot twice.

Yep, it's the only way to play. Actually trying to finish encounters just gets me killed.

Whenever I do get on the beta from now I'm just going to camp and be obnoxious that way.

It's pretty alarming how many ppl at 343 clearly have literally no clue what Halo was like before H4. Just look at their LinkedIn pages... They all came from shitty sports games and failed shooters. How do these people have jobs?

Because of X.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm not sure a 1-layer OS and a shitty 30-second visible camo will save this game.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I had an idea about making thrusters a bit more balanced yesterday, still not sure if it would work better or not:

What if you could only thrust any direction while on the ground and only thrust upwards while jumping? Kind of like a double jump to remove the need for clamber and make it more of a skill? I would also like to see you to be able to shoot while thrusting and it's distance reduced slightly.   

So I was on a 13 kill streak, then I died. 2 kills after I died I get the running riot. Interesting stuff.

You must've had the "support" kill streak package on

Imagine if halo stuck to its core, 60 fps 1080p.

Throw in a couple new unique guns and maybe some new power ups to add to overshield and invis and youd sell the competitive scene in a heartbeat.

Instead, we're get a call of duty/destiny/titanfall game with Spartans who are bros, people who sprint and thrust away with shit maps.

God damn pos 343.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Throw in a couple new unique guns and maybe some new power ups to add to overshield and invis and youd sell the competitive scene in a heartbeat.

You'd sell everybody in a heartbeat.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's the Halo 4 maps all over again. The only "sightlines" on each regular map sans Truth are a couple of sniper lanes. Other than that it's just close-range pits and enclosures. I can just hear Kynan Pearson doing his monotone "so yeah, ummm, here we have provided an alley for sniping" map descriptions all over again.

The maps feel so random and cluttered with shit. Eden and empire are just boring to play. And Regret definitely is going for looks (omg so next gen!) over gameplay. Is this the best they had?

Imagine if halo stuck to its core, 60 fps 1080p.

Instead, we're get a call of duty/destiny/titanfall game with Spartans who are bros, people who sprint and thrust away with shit maps.

God damn pos 343.

I'm almost certain that I would love the game 100% more if there was just no sprint.

Even if it's just a custom option. I don't mind not playing matchmaking.