CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

"MCC shows its age. Halo 2 multiplayer is embarrassing. Halo 3 is solid. Halo 5 is unfreaking real"

I'm fucking done with that site.

EDIT: Why is the text gray?

I always tell myself I'm done with that site, but it never happens. I always end up going back, telling myself: "today will be different!". And then I leave 5 minutes later with a gun to my head like the marine in Halo CE who goes crazy after spending a little time around the Flood.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

http://

@MarcoFerripedia If a team of pros is searching and there are no available pro/semi-pros, who should they play? No one?— Josh Holmes (@JoshingtonState) 2 Gennaio 2015

I'd post that tweet for you but josh Holmes blocked me on twitter... Lol, I never even insulted him or anythingI did however tweet about the sword scope, maybe that was it

I fucking, fucking, FUCKING HATE that someone like Greenskull can just lob a question out there and it gets answered in a timely, clear fashion.

Fucking. HATE.

You have to be a member of the 343 circle-jerk club to have those privelages.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

I fucking, fucking, FUCKING HATE that someone like Greenskull can just lob a question out there and it gets answered in a timely, clear fashion.

Fucking. HATE.

Well if they won't answer our questions, let see if we can get greenskull to ask the questions we want answers to.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How the heck do you play Breakout? I've lost every game of it, and I can only get kills by out ranging with the BR.

Well if they won't answer our questions, let see if we can get greenskull to ask the questions we want answers to.

Unfortunately he always seems to be more interested about the colour scheme of the new maps.

Not to knock the guy, I love his content and he's a very good player. Just don't share his interests

I always tell myself I'm done with that site, but it never happens. I always end up going back, telling myself: "today will be different!". And then I leave 5 minutes later with a gun to my head like the marine in Halo CE who goes crazy after spending a little time around the Flood.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel breakout has potential but there's so many questions that some with it. A few being;

Do we redesign the maps to have an attacking and defending side when we add objective to it or leave it symmetrical?

Power weapons?

Power weapons that spawn after a minute or so?

Do we have to have the stupid team flying into the arena? Because it seems you can die at the start by the server or the player lagging, what happens in an online tournament when some team goes down 3v4 straight away due to this?

BR starts or SMG/Pistols?

BR as pick ups or not?

Keep the same health/no shields thing it has right now?

Many more but I think that's enough to start with, not looking for answers to these, just something to think about.

I'd prefer breakout more if it was just elimination, with like an h2 br, or h1 pistol. This blatant CoD copy and paste is ridiculous. I have a feeling they are going to push Breakout and other game modes like this with less shields for HCS when H5 comes out, because it works better with their mechanics and is more like CoD than ever.

So I'm noticing the more i play the more i actually don't understand some of the mechanics. Do you slow to almost a walk when getting shot? Even while sprinting? Im also noticing really bad delay in starting to sprint. Maybe my box is just fucked, idk.

Regret looks cool and plays alright. Edm could be cool but i can't tell because I'm always red team and can't see the other guys

Eden is getting a lot of flack but does anyone else think this map would be amazing for Extraction, KoTH, or even Oddball?

Been thinking about what maps/gametypes would be suited best for HCS.

KoTH and Odball sound like so much fun right now but sprint will make them a nightmare. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was playing Halo 3 before and I pressed X to thrust mid 1v1 BR fight... WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?!

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm also matching unrankeds, lost 60 points because I lagged out from a 45-3 match. Would have gotten 1 point out of that.

https://twitter.com/JoshingtonState/status/551037938247540736

Now, I may just be thinking this because I'm a nooblet, but if there are no pros/semi-pros playing, then shouldn't 343:

- Make more room for semi-pros

- Wonder why more pros and semi-pros chose not to be playing

- Or match up the pros/semis with Onyxs before Golds before silvers?

Just some thoughts . . .

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fucking. HATE.

Lemon maybe if you praised 343 and called it the best Halo ever you would get special treatment.

I still have no clue who he is. Does he do other FPS games or what? I've literally never heard of him with anything to do with Halo before 343.

Judging from his youtube channel he appears to be the perhaps only person in the entire world who legitimately liked Halo 4

A quick google search also shows he's a moderator on Waypoint

So there you go

It's just nepotism, not sure why this is making you so mad Lemon

*facepalm*

These guys really don't understand how a ranking system is supposed to work do they

If there are no worthy opponents in queue and your elo is so far above theirs that you have a 95% chance of victory then no, you don't smash on some irons, you wait in queue

Matchmaking should become progressively stricter as you level up.  Pros definitely shouldn't match anyone below onyx.

Also this ranking is doing wonders in Halo 5 in that both teams are trying hard to win.  I'm getting consistently close games and am seeing minimal quitting.

Edit: I think I am bipolar in respect to this game, yesterday I said this game was a piece of shit and I'm not buying it, but right now I'm liking it so much.  Sprint sucks, that's for sure, but the gun play is the best we've had in a LONG time.  The encounters I've been having are interesting and it's actually fun.  The ranking system is keeping me going to be honest, makes winning mean something.  I don't know what to think anymore.

Judging from his youtube channel he appears to be the perhaps only person in the entire world who legitimately liked Halo 4

Which is why anything he says needs to be taken not seriously.

He is the vocal minority and is one of the most popular Halo youtubers.....

Lmao I know exactly how he feels. And I think I made a lore boo boo. It's the Halo 3 crazy marine who points a gun at his head.

When you get two teams who know what they are doing... Good god the game slows to a crawl. The spawn system encourages you to camp with your team, since you will be spawning next to them constantly.

When you get two teams who know what they are doing... Good god the game slows to a crawl. The spawn system encourages you to camp with your team, since you will be spawning next to them constantly.

It isn't the spawn system. It's the why the game works. The abilities, the maps, the gunplay, etc. It's better to pick a side then move.

• Upvote (+1) 1