CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

so you can spectate your friend playing, switch to his opponents team and be in a party chat with your friend, telling him where the other team is.

cant wait to see that happen when you get higher in ranks.

Doesn't spectator mode have like a 3 minute delay?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Long story short, this ranking system blows and getting placed in Silver 3 after playing undefeated makes me not even wanna play that gametype again

• Downvote (-1) 1

GOW's gameplay allows for winning 1v2 or 1v3, the kill times if you do it right are almost instant. That isn't the case with 5, it's possible in H1... oh man the sooner they give us a proper 2v2 list the better. 

TBH I have came back and won 1v2's and 1v3's quite often on breakout although only once came back from a 1v4. It only occurs at a slightly less frequency than what I used to do on gears because there are no power weapons IMO and of course if the other team plays it smart in both games they will win basically every time. They should try spawning us with just pistols and instead of giving teams a free AR and BR each, make them power weapons in the middle of the map.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I definitley need more people to run this beta with, anyone wanna add me and play sometime?

Gt: testpilxt

Just message me that ur from here

I just got into an argument with someone who was saying that Truth and Midship are the same size.........

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gt:Tvctics

Division: Gold3(Fuck this ranking placement system)

KD Ratio: Just below 2.0

Accuracy: 54%(Think it's an important factor)

Just want to play with good players that I can get consistent wins with. Mics are a must.

Why isn't breakout br starts? I thought they were trying to make this game not completely terrible? Also didn't like every pro say that there needs to be an obj? Where is the obj?

Why isn't breakout br starts? I thought they were trying to make this game not completely terrible? Also didn't like every pro say that there needs to be an obj? Where is the obj?

I think it would be better as just pistol only starts with brs on the map, but that's just me.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You do realize we're playing like at least a 3 month old build, right?

I think it's meant to be more of a casual gametype.

Think infection or binary slayer

You do realize we're playing like at least a 3 month old build, right?

What's your point? The gametype needs work. Saying "it's a beta" is pretty pointless. I know that. That's why you give feedback. Right now the gametype is pretty bad.

I think it's meant to be more of a casual gametype.

Think infection or binary slayer

Nope. They said it's their new super competitive gametype that they're excited to show.. I don't see how it's fun with smg starts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Breakout reminds me of Warzone in Gears of War. I like it :D

You mean execution since you don't spawn back till the round is over

I noticed on the "Rampart" areas of Regret that if you push yourself up against the outermost block of cover and crouch to avoid being shot from someone standing on top of the middle "wings" the curved surface causes the game to keep trying to make you ground pound due to the elevation changes.

Probably won't be an issue once crouch and ground pound aren't on the same button, but if a small curve like that could cause issues I have no doubt that other Covenant geometry could pose problematic also.

Longevity matters only from the sense of creating a sequel. However this is Halo, nothing is really going to question that, numbers aside. Initial sales are cash king in game dev, unless you actually have some sort of DLC (which I mentioned), or in-game Micro-transactions, which Halo does not. As a side note, people will still play crap games long term. People still play Halo 4... 

Also, you're just winging those Xbox One numbers. More people will buy the game than what you estimate, but part of that comes down to what's available at the time. Maybe Halo 5 launches during a rather crappy games' holiday season? Maybe the Xbox One goes on bundle or sale sometime in between now and when the game launches? There are a LOT of determining factors behind what get's a game sold, none of which you're accounting for. The X1 has been smashing sales as of late (compared to previously), and I can't foresee that slowing down. 

As for you not buying it, sure, that's expected in most cases. Most people who hate the game won't buy it. However some are just conforming to groupthink/social influence at the moment (with the "popular" opinion). If anything, some people who say they hate the game now, will eventually buy it when it's launched due to curiosity.

yeah, there's also forge custom games and campaign. I'd say most people here will buy the game, the mp will likely be at least somewhat different than it is now. If 343 is smart enough they'll just give us the setting to turn everything we don't like off, and multiplayer bots so we don't have to play online. If they did that, I wouldn't even care if the multiplayer was the worst thing ever, because it wouldn't have to play it lol.

I just got into an argument with someone who was saying that Truth and Midship are the same size.........

reddit or waypoint? Either way, I'm sorry to hear that.

I've never really used it, same with spartan charge. I'd like to see some clips of slide in action, haven't really seen it used from anyone atm.

I've played fifa probably twice in my life, but some of the guys who I lan with bring it down to play between series so I've seen what you're talking about. Maybe it's not possible to do in a shooter? Seems like such a simple idea that would help a lot with the current loading/waiting times of games.

i use charge sparingly, it's not very useful, and would be better if you needed to thrust instead of sprint. I actually tried to charge once and totally whiffed it, but recovered with thruster, even with no shields and only a pistol. I was happy that day lol.

People are talking about the matching making but it really does work.

The first like 30 games I played we were just going up against some players that we destroy with the once in a while good match. Now though me and my friend are Onxy 2 we are starting to get games with Onxy and Semi Pros/Pros, but they have the "skill" to back up their rank. We are now going against some people that are better than me, maybe not all but still the traditional ranking system is there. I'm not the best Halo player but if I keep playing at the levels of matches I am getting into I'll get better. Which to me imo is what the ranking system is about for me (since I am not the kind of guy who really had a 50 yet in the old system, I was only 43.) So I personally think the ranking system is working.

Maybe it took us this long for our MMR to actually get to our physical rank. I don't know but the ranking system is working now (At least for the most part). Give it a couple of months to get the kinks out, you know the purpose of a beta. 

Yes

I know it's a beta but hopefully they tweak it. Maybe it's an issue of matching parties or something but I just had a game with 3 players who had never played before on my team against a team of 3 Onyx and 1 Gold.

You mean execution since you don't spawn back till the round is over

I think Warzone and Execution were the same thing only you needed to be up close to get a kill in Execution (hence the Execution name type), and in Warzone once you down someone you can Lancer them off from a distance.