CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

When sprinting and your crosshair changes to let you know you're in "maximum speed", crouch will do a slide, beatdown will do a charge.

I think slide is really underrated, you can do some awesome strafe combos with it.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I wouldn't even mind some octagon type thing messing around whilst you're waiting for the game. Not sure how hard that'd be/if it would be possible, just a thought.

Yeah i know what your saying- like the loading screen in FIFA lets you mess with a character for skill moves and shooting- same concept. I like it

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think slide is really underrated, you can do some awesome strafe combos with it.

I've never really used it, same with spartan charge. I'd like to see some clips of slide in action, haven't really seen it used from anyone atm.

Yeah i know what your saying- like the loading screen in FIFA lets you mess with a character for skill moves and shooting- same concept. I like it

I've played fifa probably twice in my life, but some of the guys who I lan with bring it down to play between series so I've seen what you're talking about. Maybe it's not possible to do in a shooter? Seems like such a simple idea that would help a lot with the current loading/waiting times of games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For anyone who isn't too fond of the way the precision rifles aim try snapping an app on your screen. I started streaming and didn't take the time to unsnap twitch and the BR feels way better with a smaller screen. Or maybe it's in my head idk.

"MCC shows its age. Halo 2 multiplayer is embarrassing. Halo 3 is solid. Halo 5 is unfreaking real" 

I'm fucking done with that site. 

EDIT: Why is the text gray?

• Upvote (+1) 1

For anyone who isn't too fond of the way the precision rifles aim try snapping an app on your screen. I started streaming and didn't take the time to unsnap twitch and the BR feels way better with a smaller screen. Or maybe it's in my head idk.

It's all in your head man... lol

sit further away from the TV?

This seems like a rather odd behavior if you don’t like the product. Every person I know IRL who have played the beta aren’t going to buy it. Some of them are selling their consoles, because they hoped the H5 would be less like H4. But it just feels like a more polised H4. And it is boring. I don't get it why people would buy games the essentially don't like, at least I am not going to.

There are plenty of people who say they hate the game, and won't purchase it, and in fact won't buy it. However not everyone who says "I hate this game, i'm not buying it" are going to do just that. People like to conform to what the general belief is in some cases (chalk it up as social/groupthink influence). Popular opinion is that Halo 5 isn't all that great. In the interim, people are more likely to conform to that belief and just say whatever needs to be said to get to that point - i.e: "I'm not buying Halo 5, it's a bad game." However when the game actually launches, a lot of those people who said they hated it (or are saying they hate it now), will in fact buy the game (large part of "why" is curiosity). 

One thing I think 343i should test is how h5 plays without radar. Game-play is completely different.... (Is their radar in Breakout?? I haven't played yet.)

I have a strong feeling the game-play will be significantly different in the way players utilize weapons and the spartan abilities (Thruster, sprint, GP, Slide, Spartan charge).

I think people will be abusing certain abilities when there location is unknown to the opponent. 

One thing I think 343i should test is how h5 plays without radar. Game-play is completely different.... (Is their radar in Breakout?? I haven't played yet.)

I have a strong feeling the game-play will be significantly different in the way players utilize weapons and the spartan abilities (Thruster, sprint, GP, Slide, Spartan charge).

I think people will be abusing certain abilities when there location is unknown to the opponent. 

Breakout has no radar.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Won all 10 games of my placement rounds for Breakout while being top 2 of the scoreboard each game

Places in Silver 3

GG ranking system

• Upvote (+1) 3

Everything is better without radar. The thing, for example, that made H3 doubles settings so nooby wasn't the AR or the brute shot or the power drain etc, it was the radar that made all them things so OP.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh yeah, it will sell a ton? I don't see the Xbox One having more than 16mil consoles sold by next year, and only about 1/4 will get the game, if that going by past xbox to game sells ratios. That's pretty piss poor. I mean when Halo 4 came out -- the 360 had something like 60+ million sold, and only a measly 6.5 mil were sold, and that wasn't even initial sales. 

Also, as far as I know initial sales aren't all that matters, longevity does matter.

This doesn't apply to me, this game is literally Halo 4. I'm not giving them my money or time. Treyarchs game is coming out I'll be having fun with it instead, and I also imagine the new GoW will be out as well. Unless the idiots at 343 change the game, I won't bother playing/buying it.

Longevity matters only from the sense of creating a sequel. However this is Halo, nothing is really going to question that, numbers aside. Initial sales are cash king in game dev, unless you actually have some sort of DLC (which I mentioned), or in-game Micro-transactions, which Halo does not. As a side note, people will still play crap games long term. People still play Halo 4... 

Also, you're just winging those Xbox One numbers. More people will buy the game than what you estimate, but part of that comes down to what's available at the time. Maybe Halo 5 launches during a rather crappy games' holiday season? Maybe the Xbox One goes on bundle or sale sometime in between now and when the game launches? There are a LOT of determining factors behind what get's a game sold, none of which you're accounting for. The X1 has been smashing sales as of late (compared to previously), and I can't foresee that slowing down. 

As for you not buying it, sure, that's expected in most cases. Most people who hate the game won't buy it. However some are just conforming to groupthink/social influence at the moment (with the "popular" opinion). If anything, some people who say they hate the game now, will eventually buy it when it's launched due to curiosity. 

Won all 10 games of my placement rounds for Breakout while being top 2 of the scoreboard each game

Places in Silver 3

GG ranking system

Wow, I was top 3, and won 7/10. I was placed in Onyx. That's a bit odd...

Everything is better without radar. The thing, for example, that made H3 doubles settings so nooby wasn't the AR or the brute shot or the power drain etc, it was the radar that made all them things so OP.

Yeah i am all for No radar, however i think the problem with sprint,"Get out of jail free card", will only be exaggerated... Thrust behind a wall--> sprint away. Where the eff did he go???

I lost like half my breakout games going in alone and steamrolled the last two winning 3-4 1v5 rounds at the end. Placed me in Pro at 1700ish rating. I really don't believe in their ranking system. Especially after it lets me gain rating at Pro in the Slayer playlist for beating golds/silvers. That should be worth exactly nothing. I shouldn't even match up into that game in the first place.

so you can spectate your friend playing, switch to his opponents team and be in a party chat with your friend, telling him where the other team is.

cant wait to see that happen when you get higher in ranks.

Places in Silver 3

GG ranking system

Lost my first 6 games one being AFK and also placed Silver 3. Lol ranking system.

so you can spectate your friend playing, switch to his opponents team and be in a party chat with your friend, telling him where the other team is.

cant wait to see that happen when you get higher in ranks.

Ive done the spectator mode twice and it seems like it's just delayed theater. Wasn't close to live for me so telling my friends things wouldn't have helped. Is my shit just broken cause spectator mode sucked ass for me.

Ive done the spectator mode twice and it seems like it's just delayed theater. Wasn't close to live for me so telling my friends things wouldn't have helped. Is my shit just broken cause spectator mode sucked ass for me.

yeah it didnt work that great for me

Actually had some fun playing yesterday with Breck and Opinion, BR starts are a lot better but sprint still sucks but what else is new? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Places in Silver 3

GG ranking system

I lost 4 games and placed on top half the time and I got immediately ranked into pro 1807... I don't know how this ranking system works but im pretty sure that shouldn't happen.

"MCC shows its age. Halo 2 multiplayer is embarrassing. Halo 3 is solid. Halo 5 is unfreaking real"

I'm fucking done with that site.

EDIT: Why is the text gray?

Some of those have to be troll posts. OP says he's 36 and writes like he's 15.

Either way its so so painful to read.

If it ONLY goes on win/loss as they say, why is it that me and a friend both played 10 games of breakout together, won every single one, both ended on the exact same amount of kills after 10 games worth (we don't know deaths/assists/hit % etc, only shows kills) and one of us gets placed gold and one gets placed onyx, how can they explain that?