CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Groundpound on the crouchbutton drives me nuts! Every second battle I just get stuck midair not being able to shoot and get slaughtered by those OP autos ._.

Groundpound on the crouchbutton drives me nuts! Every second battle I just get stuck midair not being able to shoot and get slaughtered by those OP autos ._.

You have to hold in the button to do ground pound, you also have to be above jumping height.

or they can just make the magnum that you spawn with the CE pistol instead, therefore making the thing not useless

Magnum is NOT useless. And I learned that the hard way.

This is my only hope left for Halo. 343 just don't get it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyJTlMYAzSE

Sad thing is your probably right. If the game is of decent quality I dont see why someone couldn't mod the shit out of it to make like a Halo pro mod. Plus its on PC and F2P which means it could reach a wider audience and the community can self-sustain it much better with new mods/game-modes and maps.

Ill be honest with you, "A Game by Halo fans for Halo fans" with better graphics/larger team sizes and modding capabilities sounds better than playing AdvancedSpartanbrosofDuty on three different versions of Sprintship 2.0. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I think the blue team's color needs to be adjusted. They blend in too easily on the dark parts of the maps. It's especially bad on Eden since a lot of times I won't notice them until the last second. On Truth, they blend in more if you're far away.

As a player who tends to deal in BTB when I don't feel like being very competitive, I'm honestly curious how 343 handles Big Team in this game given that we haven't heard anything about it yet. The BR, with it's new scope, seems pretty much useless at long range unless they plan to make the DMR the starting weapon. 

I don't even want to  think about how ******** the maps are going to be.

No aparent positioning map control.

Everyones runnning around like a chicken with its head cut off.

Teams no longer hold down Pink Tower on Midship.

R.I.P HALO

Good players still hold Pink on Middy though?

Halo community is trashier than halo 5. Cmon guys give some real feedback like adults. 343 isn't gonna listen to shit from this forum if it just looks like a bunch of emotional whiny kids.

You clearly have not been around since the release of H3 and heard this entire community give proper feedback for years on what is best for Halo --- only to have Halo consistently watered down and COD-ified with each title that gets released. 

You're right, we have no reason to be upset, no one here has given feedback like an "adult" and in the end we are just a bunch of emotional whiny kids.  No wonder 343 doesn't listen to us.  

sGx39yA.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

i remember i said they added sprint so it would look cool in commercials

welp

sprint in the commercial = not going anywhere

right?

welp

right?

Didn't Quinn say he wanted a game that looked cool when spectating?

welp

right?

we back

It would be nice if those Project Contingency guys looked for feedback in these forums.

I think we should support them and stop supporting 343 and crew and support these devs. I didn't even know they progressed that much in production. Like someone said previously this game supports modding and is F2P and is on PC.

H5 is decent and fun, but isn't Halo and is not going to return Halo to it's former glory.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wait, the Sword has a scope?! :wacko:

Yep, but it's not really a big difference. It's similar to the range of unscoped vs scoped pistol.

Wait, the Sword has a scope?! :wacko:

Somebody turned up to work one day and said the sword should have a scope

Instead of firing that person on the spot, they added a SCOPE to the SWORD

• Upvote (+1) 8

This community lol. A powerful power weapon is apparently just as bad as sprint.

i was a bk 50 at most in halo so i know the extent of my abilities. but i feel like the game's average ttk is too fast. poke out and you die, and then the one guy you almost kill on your own sprints away or thrusts back into cover. 

maybe it's just the ADS that's throwing me off.

If anything, it's too slow. You just can't kill people before they thrust to cover, or sprint to their teammates.

Even with BR starts this game doesn't feel good. The map size is too big for the BR to be an effective weapon across map. This just leads to people sprinting around trying to get into range and then sprinting away when they are losing a battle. I cant even play more than 1 game alone, its so ridiculously boring.

Wasn't one of the main arguments for sprint from 343 to allow people to get into battle faster? If that is the case why are they making the maps 2 to 3 times the size? Make maps smaller and increase base movement speed and people could get to battle faster than they can right now with sprint. Not to mention you will be able to actually do something on the way to the battle other than watch your weapon bob up and down like a baffoon.

Polarized visors were phased out of the military long before 2552 for lacking immersion.

This explains my headaches. It makes  sense now. Thank you.

Oh God, I played some games and actually enjoyed it. I'm worried about how it will work competitively but it isn't quite as terribad as I thought.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Didn't Quinn say he wanted a game that looked cool when spectating?

Its not even that.  It literally looks like a 360 game.

Just look at Twitch #'s as well as far as interest goes. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The ranking system in this game is garbage. I have lost 10 games in a row tonight. Every match teammates are going 1-18 and 2-20. How the hell are they semi pro and Onyx?

If you play on a T04, you get really good games.

For some reason, since the days of Reach, MM has decided to balance searching alone by putting trash cans on both teams. Its frustrating because the match becomes more about who has the worst trashcans. Its like the goal of the game is to kill as fast as you can before your randoms feed 20-30 kills.

Playing in anything but a T04=bad time.

• Upvote (+1) 4