CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Here is my input into the beta so far.

My main issue with the game is sprint.

Couple that with connection issues of living in New Zealand, I quite often het more assists than kills because it takes so long to kill someone and they sprint away.

Also shoulder charge and slide I think are awful. Slide because no no one uses it because thruster pack is more useful. And shoulder charge because it seems to me to make it easy for those people that always sprint to get cheap kills. I have been killed a lot by kids crouching around corners and the sprinting at me and shoulder charging me and because I'm either shooting at some one or something they get a free kill. And there really shouldn't be things like that in the game.

Ground pound I don't like because I can no longer crouch jump which is really frustrating.I still accidently use it because my brain tells me to click in the right stick whenever I jump. I wouldn't mindbit being in the game if it was a different button. Because it does make the person using it vulnerable while they are in the air.

The Smart Scope I don't really like it seems to slow to aim in and out now. The old zoom was much better and unique to Halo so I really don't understand why that was changed. And those automatic weapons really don't need it. I shouldn't be able to be killed at mid range by an assault rifle or smg when I am BR'ing them.

Also those two weapons to me seem a bit too strong. You can absolutely melt people with them. Even at mid - long range. Which to me seems a bit ridiculous.

And lastly the Thruster Pack I am fine with. When I did play Halo 4 that was all I used.

So I seriously have some sort of reverse pyschology problem going on. I use the H5 control scheme that is most similar to Destiny so I don't have to develop two totally different reflexes. But this actually messes me up anyway because I keep trying to play H5 like older Halos. Seven years of muscle memory got me fucked up.

B=melee. Always.

All i ask for is that we can get a no spartan abilities gameplay, even if its for a day maybe for the last day of the beta. JUST wanna see how it plays out.  Maybe just leave in Thrusters.-thug lyfe 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I now understand the hatred now that im playing BR starts, like along with flinch, this awful vibration tied with this haptic feedback immersion nonsense, constant long range camping battles and thruster pack escapes every time unless you land a perfect 4 shot im honestly surprised my hairline doesnt look like lebron james with how much ive wanted to pull my hair out.

post-38816-Doc-Rivers-Dumbfounded-Disbel

bruh....they are talking about the "feel" of the game, not the control scheme. 

And guess what? It "feels" like a brand-new Halo game...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Played 7 games of Eden or whatever the fuck you call it, I lost every game. I have no idea what the fuck is going on, Tbh I just get Shit on. The other new map is pretty decent, only got too play that once tho.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Played 7 games of Eden or whatever the fuck you call it, I lost every game. I have no idea what the fuck is going on, Tbh I just get Shit on. The other new map is pretty decent, only got too play that once tho.

Just stay on that high walkway that's connected to the Security tower. You can see basically every important spot on the map.

- I know 343 is probably on it since it's it but I'm going to say it just in case:  Nobody wants a loading screen to the main menu when they back out.  It should be quick and fluid, making it easier for friends to create parties. 

- Being able to spectate your friends IMMEDIATELY after you die in slayer. 

- Menu sounds are annoying and delayed.

- Change the "switch to gamechat" button to Y instead of X.

- We should be able to look through service records by using RB and LB instead of backing out and selecting a different player.

- Killcam is terrible and always will be.

- I also think the kill feed should be like CS where instead of Player 1 killed Player 2, there should by gun icons, making it easier to know what's happening in the heat of battle.  I should be able to know who killed who with just a quick glance.  Most of the time I want to know how a teammate died so I can act accordingly.

common_CSS_font_size.jpg

- Ability to hear the other team post game.  For GGs or trash talking lol.

- Ability to party up with your previous teammates post game.

- Make a playlist that restricts party chat.  I believe Black Ops did this.

I'll add more later...

• Upvote (+1) 4

And guess what? It "feels" like a brand-new Halo game...

You can keep saying that, but you're not going to convince anyone else.

Chances are you're someone who started playing Halo later in the franchise; I'm guessing Halo 3? I'm also guessing you play more than just Halo as far as FPS games go.

People like myself though, who have played Halo almost exclusively (as far as FPS games go) since CE (as a replacement for GoldenEye), Halo 5 does NOT feel like a Halo game. It takes more than Spartan models & a BR to feel like a Halo game.

I'm not talking about fair starts and shit like that, in talking how you move (speed, acceleration, responsiveness, etc.), how you jump (height, hang time, crouch-jump behaviour and responsiveness, etc.), strafe, aiming, etc.

Literally NONE of those things in H5 feels like Halo. Not a one. And just because you get descoped when hit & can scope in with right-stick doesn't mean "scoping is just like it always was"; it's slow, less responsive/cumbersome, and the difference in aesthetics is more than just superficially cosmetic: if affects visibility SIGNIFICANTLY.

The mere fact that I have to explain these things just stands to solidify my assumption that you're closer to a casual Halo player than a competitive or "enthusiast" one who is intimately familiar with even the most subtle of nuances of the game.

Ignorance must really be bliss :/

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It reminds me of that one Titanfall map w/ the helicopters. Idk why.  It's very reminiscent of a military shooter type of map.

Shocker. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The picture of their lobby screen that they choose to show being some huge Big Team match doesn't give me too much hope.

That's probably a new big team gametype i guess but..... hey at least from what i've seen the game doesn't have sprint

Make sure to look up actually info about Project Contingency, usually Halofollower either talks out of his ass or doesn't comprehend info...well.

That's probably a new big team gametype i guess but..... hey at least from what i've seen the game doesn't have sprint

That game is going to be balls compared to H2A and H2A is already itself close to being balls. 

This is my only hope left for Halo. 343 just don't get it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyJTlMYAzSE

Ew, Halo4Follower :wutface:

Anyway, the mere fact that something like this exists, and on this scale, is just sad. Concrete proof that 343 are doing the exact opposite of both what the fans want, and what the franchise works best as.

Fucking sad.

Get snipe and rotate to blue side. Control high catwalk, security and blue base and u gucci

Ew, Halo4Follower :wutface:

Anyway, the mere fact that something like this exists, and on this scale, is just sad. Concrete proof that 343 are doing the exact opposite of both what the fans want, and what the franchise works best as.

Fucking sad.

inb4 this game has sprint as well