CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Not hyberbole to say that Reach's graphics are better than Halo 5's.

It's in beta with most of a year to go so I can't be too harsh on that side of things.

I would agree if the grainy filter were removed and colours weren't so bland & desaturated.

I would agree if the grainy filter were removed and colours weren't so bland & desaturated.

That's one thing I've noticed about Halo 5, it does not impress on any level graphically. Halo 3 looks better to me, granted I know they are trying for 60fps, but Halo 2A is gorgeous. 

343 knew about this problem way before the launch of the beta and it's going to be fixed in the real game. 

so what the fuck kind of beta are we playing then? i can't form an impression of the game if half of it wasn't meant to be in there or not ready for testing. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well at least 343 made a good game for the casuals. The people who I play with seem to really like this game. 

i played with casual-ish players and they all think it's shit, while not as articulate as competitive players many casual or custom game players thrive for diversity in the mechanics and options to allow for a varied experience, this isn't happening with this game. it's just the same style of rinse and repeat gameplay that trashier shooters have become.

In case you missed the new official trailer for Call of Destiny: Advanced Halofall:

• Upvote (+1) 3

That's one thing I've noticed about Halo 5, it does not impress on any level graphically. Halo 3 looks better to me, granted I know they are trying for 60fps, but Halo 2A is gorgeous. 

Graphical polish comes at the end of developing a game. Anti-aliasing, resolution, frame rate, etc.

i played with casual-ish players and they all think it's shit, while not as articulate as competitive players many casual or custom game players thrive for diversity in the mechanics and options to allow for a varied experience, this isn't happening with this game. it's just the same style of rinse and repeat gameplay that trashier shooters have become.

The casuals I know are the same. Their reasoning to me is just, "it's not halo".

so what the fuck kind of beta are we playing then? i can't form an impression of the game if half of it wasn't meant to be in there or not ready for testing. 

probably a 3-4 month old build

fucking lol at crouching in midair turning you downwards. 

why does 343 not understand Halo? 

Because they didn't hire anyone that could articulate why sprint was bad.

Honestly H5 with no antialiasing, placeholders, and 720p looks better than crap like Titanfall.

But I'm a graphic whore anyway. 30 FPS and better graphics > 60 FPS and worse graphics.

Honestly H5 with no antialiasing, placeholders, and 720p looks better than crap like Titanfall.

But I'm a graphic whore anyway. 30 FPS and better graphics > 60 FPS and worse graphics.

You prefer 30 fps over 60? You crazy

• Upvote (+1) 5

The ranking system in this game is garbage. I have lost 10 games in a row tonight. Every match teammates are going 1-18 and 2-20. How the hell are they semi pro and Onyx?

• Upvote (+1) 1

You prefer 30 fps over 60? You crazy

The fluidity of 60 FPS means shit when your ice skatey strafe is more noticeable because of it :trash:

If ADS is going to replace zoom, at least make the reticule not move on its own when you're moving. also make it quicker to zoom. (I still think it should zoom like the other halos but that's whatever)

bring back the old rocket launcher

I cant stress how clunky the sniper is with the new HUD. It feels slow, and distracting. And it's far too easy to no scope.

What is it with you and control schemes?

For the record, I made like TWO posts about controller settings lol... But anyway, to be frank, I just feel like a lot of people... not people here necessarily, but the average player you run into online that makes a comment... are being ignorant to the fact that there are other control schemes in the game and that it doesn't have to "play" like COD if you don't want it to.

As for past posts where I've said something about how new mechanics should (in my mind) be mapped on the controller, I just have a strong opinion and dare I say, "vision" on how a Halo game should play... That's all.

You have to be scoped in for the lock on to work but then even after you descope you'll still be locked on.

Actually came here to post about that gun it seems like a novelty. It's only use is player suppression from what I've experienced. It's basically like having 16 weaker nades

No. It's a two shot kill. It's actually easy to use once you get use to it. 

"Searching for Players"

Between this and MCC I feel like I'm trying to play a game that I'm the only one playing.  

The amount of time I've spent sitting here waiting for a game is unacceptable.  

fucking lol at crouching in midair turning you downwards. 

why does 343 not understand Halo? 

Now I'll admit, THAT is annoying... happens to me all the time on Regret when I'm one-shot, up against a wall, trying to keep my head down lol. Really hope there's a fix for Ground Pound/Crouch-Jumping... I think I recall hearing something about there being one post-Beta too.

I have to say, it really bothers me to hear people all like:

"This game doesn't feel at all like Halo."

"It feels like Call of Halo."

"...Spartan of Duty"

...and so forth. Ugh... <_<

Are they using default controls? Are they using "Recon" as their button layout? ...because if they were, it still feels a TON like old Halo. Now I've always been an original trilogy "Default" player, "Recon" for some of the later Halo games, but it's the same classic controls, aside from a couple differences/oversights/additions... I don't know if I'd enjoy the game as much either if I were using a brand-new, awkward control scheme. But since I'm not, the game feels like a Halo game! Imagine that...

post-38816-Doc-Rivers-Dumbfounded-Disbel

bruh....they are talking about the "feel" of the game, not the control scheme. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1