CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Friendly reminder:

I feel like this keeps getting posted but nothing is ever done about it lol

If you look real closely after it's posted you'll notice a disappearance in posts

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm calling it now:

Ground Pound + Forge Scripting Events = "Whack-A-Mole" custom game type in Halo 5.

Mark. My. Words.

• Upvote (+1) 2

We have removed quite a few posts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you look real closely after it's posted you'll notice a disappearance in posts

I think I went through about 16 pages today that were from the 31st-now and there was a lot of bashing. I don't think Halo 5 is good either but I do get tired of the endless circle jerk lol.

You know what a huge difference between getting away from a fight with sprint and getting away from a fight in HC/2/3 is? Getting out of a sticky situation without sprint took skill and was actually praised. It was because everyone was moving just as fast as you WHILE being able to shoot. Now thrusting and then sprinting away is just like...

d6f.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 8

and while we were all at home in agony trying to get the game to work for hours and hours only to find out it was broken, the devs were at a lavish Hollywood party jerking each other off, celebrating a job well done

lol come on man. Agony? Of all the things in the world that cause agony I think a video game not working is probably pretty low on the list. And "a lavish Hollywood party jacking each off"? I mean are just making up things to make your self feel bad? In your mind are 343 twirling their mustaches laughing maniacally? 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Halo community is trashier than halo 5. Cmon guys give some real feedback like adults. 343 isn't gonna listen to shit from this forum if it just looks like a bunch of emotional whiny kids.

The Problem is,  We have given tons of Good feedback.  Yet, The good feedback is either taken on by 343 by one or two ways.

1. Ignore it.

2. Insinuate that you have a incapability to be making this feedback.

Generally if we throw insults they actually add two or three more lines to it, we are getting more feedback about our feedback when its negative then when its positive.

They need to make ads quicker. It takes way too long and when I partake in long range gunfights it becomes random because both players are just hip firing. Needs to be instant like in halos prier

• Upvote (+1) 6

lol come on man. Agony? Of all the things in the world that cause agony I think a video game not working is probably pretty low on the list. And "a lavish Hollywood party jacking each off"? I mean are just making up things to make your self feel bad? In your mind are 343 twirling their mustaches laughing maniacally? 

Pretty sure he was referring to the actual launch party they had in LA with celebrities when MCC was released...

I have to say, it really bothers me to hear people all like:

"This game doesn't feel at all like Halo."

"It feels like Call of Halo."

"...Spartan of Duty"

...and so forth. Ugh... <_<

Are they using default controls? Are they using "Recon" as their button layout? ...because if they were, it still feels a TON like old Halo. Now I've always been an original trilogy "Default" player, "Recon" for some of the later Halo games, but it's the same classic controls, aside from a couple differences/oversights/additions... I don't know if I'd enjoy the game as much either if I were using a brand-new, awkward control scheme. But since I'm not, the game feels like a Halo game! Imagine that...

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've been looking forward to a h2 remake for close to a decade, that game and it's culture helped define me as a person, so when it was finally time to play again and it's totally broken, I was in agony, 100%. It would of been very different if they told us the game was still a WIP.

It's not just A game, it's THE game.

Did they not have a lavish party on launch night with celebrities? Cause that's exactly what happened

I don't even want to talk about it anymore cause it honestly hurts my heart to think about.

• Upvote (+1) 2

"...Spartan of Duty"

...and so forth. Ugh

I'm sure you'll get over it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Realistically there is pole humping (running around an object) in classic halo and I think that is what Josh is referring to. 
But there is a drastic difference between pole humping and thrusting OOS and sprinting cross map.

I realize that sprint will be in game, but at least put a cooldown between thrusting a sprinting.

Thrust > 3 second cooldown > sprint. I think that would help alleviate at least some of the issues with people getting away so easily.

This has the potential to be a decent game with sprint, it just needs tweaking.

"...Spartan of Duty"

Are they using default controls? Are they using "Recon" as their button layout? ...because if they were, it still feels a TON like old Halo. Now I've always been an original trilogy "Default" player, "Recon" for some of the later Halo games, but it's the same classic controls, aside from a couple differences/oversights/additions... I don't know if I'd enjoy the game as much either if I were using a brand-new, awkward control scheme either. But since I'm not, the game feels like a Halo game! Imagine that...

Its supposed to feel like call of duty...left trigger to ADS is the default setting for a reason.

lol come on man. Agony? Of all the things in the world that cause agony I think a video game not working is probably pretty low on the list.

How about a video game that I spent fucking $500 on?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Its supposed to feel like call of duty...left trigger to ADS is the default setting for a reason.

Just like how the "Recon" control scheme is "there for a reason."

Polarized visors were phased out of the military long before 2552 for lacking immersion.

Please god tweet that to them in like 30 seconds or I will have to hahaha

"...Spartan of Duty"

Are they using default controls? Are they using "Recon" as their button layout? ...because if they were, it still feels a TON like old Halo. Now I've always been an original trilogy "Default" player, "Recon" for some of the later Halo games, but it's the same classic controls, aside from a couple differences/oversights/additions... I don't know if I'd enjoy the game as much either if I were using a brand-new, awkward control scheme either. But since I'm not, the game feels like a Halo game! Imagine that...

Wow. Really? You ACTUALLY don't get it?

It's not about the controls. It's about the gameplay that those controls... well, control.

Go play Halo CE for an hour, then switch to Halo 2. While weapons change, maps change, etc., the CORE of the game still feels the same.

Then pop in Halo 5. If you sit there and tell me you still think it feels & plays just like Halo, then you simply do not understand Halo at it's very core. At all. Also, you're probably high.

That being said, I don't think Halo 5 is a terrible game that is beyond hope; I've outlined, ad nauseam, a handful of very simple, very easy changes in this thread that would make Halo 5 infinitely more enjoyable as well as competitive. However, even with those changes, it still wouldn't feel like traditional Halo / a traditional Halo sequel as much as Halo 2 or 3 do, for example. It would at least be fun, though, and would resemble Halo much more that it does currently.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Realistically there is pole humping (running around an object) in classic halo and I think that is what Josh is referring to. 

But there is a drastic difference between pole humping and thrusting OOS and sprinting cross map.

pole humping and thrusting

pole humping and thrusting

The temptation was too strong. I'm sorry.

• Upvote (+1) 2