CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

21 hours ago, Arlong said:

Dude kids these days can’t even go outside without some predator snatching em up, 

Dude what? That's not what it is. You were a kid so you didn't know about the atrocities of the world, now you do. That doesn't mean the world isnt safe. Statistically the world today is safer than it ever was. Now child kidnappings are not down (or up), but murder, missing persons, robbery, assault, rape etc are. 

"Fewer than 350 people under the age of 21 have been abducted by strangers in the United States per year between 2010–2017."

350 kidnappings out of 134million people 0-20, and 12-17 year olds are the most common by A  LOT. so worrying about your 10 year old playing in the park is super absurd. The chance they'd get into a car accident and die or suicide is way more prevalent yet parents don't seem to worry about that as much. 5500 car deaths last year for people under 18. 

"Of all children under age 5 murdered from 1976-2005 —

31% were killed by fathers
29% were killed by mothers
23% were killed by male acquaintances
7% were killed by other relatives
3% were killed by strangers
"

So no, kids these days are perfectly fine going outside. if you ain't letting your kids go outside because of stranger danger you better have them under house arrest since car rides are 10x+ as dangerous.

On an unrelated note. Men are more likely to be assaulted than women yet it's women who are statistically more scared and men don't care. 89% of men will be a victim of a violent crime in their life time. 73% of women will be.  

• Fire (+1) 2

Just now, Riddler said:

"Fewer than 350 people under the age of 21 have been abducted by strangers in the United States per year between 2010–2017."

350 kidnappings out of 134million people 0-20, and 12-17 year olds are the most common by A  LOT. so worrying about your 10 year old playing in the park is super absurd. The chance they'd get into a car accident and die or suicide is way more prevalent yet parents don't seem to worry about that as much. 5500 car deaths last year for people under 18. 

"Of all children under age 5 murdered from 1976-2005 —

31% were killed by fathers
29% were killed by mothers
23% were killed by male acquaintances
7% were killed by other relatives
3% were killed by strangers
"

So strangers confirmed villain of halo infinite.

1 minute ago, Mr Grim said:

So strangers confirmed villain of halo infinite.

smh, read the data!. it says fathers are the villains

12 hours ago, xboxdigger 94 said:

I have asked this many years ago but I am wondering if anyone is interested in trying to make a shooter.

Either a first person shooter, or a "view above" shooter. I am a programmer so I can assist there, but more than that I'd like to model/animate/rig, which I am not very great at. I tried to get together a group before but the people just wanted to do it, but couldn't put in the time to do it. 

What about a 2D shooter?

1 hour ago, Riddler said:

smh, read the data!. it says fathers are the villains

OMG master chiefs dad is the villain!?

i think going outside is good but sometimes there aint shit to do. like even if you do have a neighbor thats a friend you probably wont hang out every single day. so i dont see the point of putting some arbitrary limit on how much someone plays. when i was a kid i played a fuck load of video games like 12 hours a day but i also would go to my friends house around the neighborhood 4 times a week. but i was lucky enough to have those friends that lived near by. 

but for some reason i do hate the idea of tablets or smart phones it seems stupid. like they are playing low quality games all the time or on facebook or whatever type thing. now thats lame 

• Like (+1) 1

Any kid with a trampoline was instantly the Mecca for all the neighborhood kids. I was in middle school in the late 90’s, when wrestling was super popular, so a house with a trampoline was the spot to chokeslam and rock bottom your friends. 4player splitscreen N64 was what happened afterwards.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Any kid with a trampoline was instantly the Mecca for all the neighborhood kids. I was in middle school in the late 90’s, when wrestling was super popular, so a house with a trampoline was the spot to chokeslam and rock bottom your friends. 4player splitscreen N64 was what happened afterwards.

Smdh, no mention of the people's elbow.

• Like (+1) 2

The amount of stupid shit I got myself into as a kid due to roaming the streets with my friends is actually absurd. I all but stopped playing games throughout high school and it's not really a regret of mine. Similarly my parents didn't allow me to play games during the week when I was much younger so I guess I just got used to it. 

51 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

The amount of stupid shit I got myself into as a kid due to roaming the streets with my friends is actually absurd. I all but stopped playing games throughout high school and it's not really a regret of mine. Similarly my parents didn't allow me to play games during the week when I was much younger so I guess I just got used to it. 

You missed out. There is no greater joy than attending a High School CE LAN, making your name "Got a Woody", sniping the guy who's house your at, hearing him scream WHO'S GOT A WOODY!? from the other room, and having his mom yell at him for it. Simpler times man.

• Fire (+1) 5

I think I may have the most saved req points in the world. Anyone have more than 16 mil?
kucz58h.jpg

18 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Guess the 2000s weren’t too different. My childhood was playing outside, playing halo 3&reach with friends, Ding dong Ditch! Occasional egging. Trampoline meant wwe shit. 

9 hours ago, ABearInTheWoods said:

Just checking in, been awhile! 

Who the fuck are you

• Downvote (-1) 5

20 minutes ago, ABearInTheWoods said:

Well Well, how cordial of you! 

#imadick

11 hours ago, ABearInTheWoods said:

Just checking in, been awhile! 

Welcome back comrade

God damn im an ass. I thought it be funny because I was watching boondocks S3, the kickball episode, and Mr.Wanson says to the Japanese guy when he sees him “who the fuck are you”😹😹

4 hours ago, Arlong said:

God damn im an ass. I thought it be funny because I was watching boondocks S3, the kickball episode, and Mr.Wanson says to the Japanese guy when he sees him “who the fuck are you”😹😹

They cant all be home runs 

• Like (+1) 2

I'm finally getting back into Halo after five years. I'm surprised I remembered my login for here. Looks like this forum has seen busier days, eh. Oh well. I'm having a great time with Mythic Rumble even though I'm pretty bad after all this time. I remember having good customs with the lads here back in the day. Hope I can join in on those again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

On 2/25/2020 at 6:52 PM, Sosa Baby said:

is the aiming fixed on this fucking piece of shit game? Fuck Halo 5 and ***

No