CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Honestly I've always felt like people stat in obj because most of the pub enemy team are easy pickings, as they're focused on the obj. Since most play it with the goal of getting the caps, etc, to win in that mode.
But I don't understand why people who play for stats don't play the mode made specifically for gun fights, slayer. Where the enemy team is focused at all times wanting to gun fight you.

Just now, Ember Celica said:

Honestly I've always felt like people stat in obj because most of the pub enemy team are easy pickings, as they're focused on the obj. Since most play it with the goal of getting the caps, etc, to win in that mode.
But I don't understand why people who play for stats don't play the mode made specifically for gun fights, slayer. Where the enemy team is focused at all times wanting to gun fight you.

Because slayer relies on the dreaded power weapons to make people move around the map if they are playing to win. 

28 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

But please, please, keep telling me to stat while I cap another flag. It feeds me.

Listen here you little shit. 

I got +40 in every game. I only play CTF or Hill. I sit around the sidEs killing the new pLayers trying to Play the objective. I team up with My thrEe stooges and we just pubstomp. Ten hours a day. I have a fucking 7.89 K/D in social, especially in BTB. The power weapons are pathetic so I gather them aland sit in a power spot raking in kills on Pieces of shit like you that are just playing for a few hours before going to work or bed. The same worthless pieces of shit that shoot me in the side of the back of the head like the unskilled savages they are. 

I've put 800 hours into Halo Reach on PC and it's haSn't even beEn out for a month. That meaNI am better than you as a human being. So Do me a favour, take your -11 and go fuck yourself. If you can't take the ten Hours a day to play this gamE with three stooges then you don't deserve an opinion. These numbers mean everything to me. EVERYTHING. This isn't about fun anymore. I need those numbers to be positive. It's how I DEFINE MY WORTH AS A HUMAN BEING.

I need these numbers to be positive. Kids Like you fucking ruin my games with your accidental rocket kills making my numbers sometimes less Positive. How I am supposed to be Positive about my Life whEn my K/D isn't +50. You run in and cAp the flag AND THE GAME FUCKING ENDS WITH ME ONLY HAVING 20 KILLS. Stop ruining my lifE you sack of shit.

Go back to CoD fucking armour lock AR kid.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 4

1 minute ago, OG Nick said:

Because slayer relies on the dreaded power weapons to make people move around the map if they are playing to win. 

The truth revealed, and it hurts!

I feel like player obj stats aren't exactly impressive in their own right. Those modes have always seemed more about the general win. As a lot of kills/plays would be attributed to catching people when they're focused on the obj. Over when they're focused on you, and still beating them in a straight gunfight. That isn't really skillful, and probably happens more times than people realize in a mode where the enemy team is focused on getting your flag, and not fully on you.
There are also times people need to be obj slave to win. The thing most people you're "stating" on are focused on in a public game.

I'd say your player stats there don't matter as much compared to a mode specifically about being high on the board.(Idk what mode would push for more of that, while staying fully balanced and focused on gunfights.)

I guess slayer could be argued not impressive either, with power weapons in the mix. But I'm not getting in to that debate. Keep me out of it bruddah.

41 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Playtime is also a fact like going double neg? I was pointing out you play something you talk badly about in many regards a lot. 

Also you're judging me, again, in customs with hilariously skewed skill ranges. Neat. And I don't particularly enjoy stating, because it really is the worst part of objectives. I also don't get power weapons because I knew then, and try to be aware now, of how much skill I lack with the weapons compared to my teammates. Fact of life, I am only so skilled at a game I play. Could I get better? Sure. But I enjoy the games now and see no reason to improve when I'm not grinding the game every night and haven't for months. Even during evolved I was too busy to play every day, and really only played because I enjoyed the people not the game as much. 

Also I don't go double neg with some regular occurrence even if I may have in the more "competitively viable" Evolved than default 5, or any halo I've played before or since.  But please, please, keep telling me to stat while I cap another flag. It feeds me.

As I said, you judged me first, and brought up the statements about me not being able to control the weapons in the first place, while being dickslapped, verbatim. I'll not only be happy to prove your side wrong, I'll ream yours in its place. Just play with or against me. But don't tell me I can't play the game, and I'm just bad, when you can't, and admit it as a fallback, while sitting back on a forum.

Although, your last comment's funny. Because you can only cap a flag as long as you have people overslaying for you. If people didn't slay, you wouldn't be capping. Simple facts of life and objective, and pros will tell you to overslay, rather than divebomb obj themselves, to your face. Teams who slay together, stay together. Teams who obj together tend to be low-value metal.

• Like (+1) 1

I said that with the assumption you were complaining both about being killed, and killing with power weapons, but okay. It's the truth assuming makes an ass out of you and me. I also never said I was better than you. Not once. Pretty sure you should be better than me considering that you play the game more and often seemed to have wanted to be better.

Also I don't really care what pros have to say to me about improving my game. It's their prerogative to be that good. I'm having fun with my skill level and how I'm winning or losing. I hate losing but not enough to study or seek advice because ultimately I am not aiming to be the best or improve well beyond where I am now. I just want to play a Halo game that looks, feels, sounds, and reminds me of the Halo games I enjoyed the most. Which are funnily enough Halo's 1-3 as many other millions would agree. But you don't want to argue that, I just want to point out how I viewed those Evolved customs as a whole. 

2 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

Also I don't really care what pros have to say to me about improving my game. It's their prerogative to be that good. I'm having fun with my skill level and how I'm winning or losing. I hate losing but not enough to study or seek advice because ultimately I am not aiming to be the best or improve well beyond where I am now. I just want to play a Halo game that looks, feels, sounds, and reminds me of the Halo games I enjoyed the most. Which are funnily enough Halo's 1-3 as many other millions would agree. But you don't want to argue that, I just want to point out how I viewed those Evolved customs as a whole. 

If this is your mindset, why the fuck are we even talking right now? I actually care enough to learn and provide input and feedback because while I'm happy with my skill, I want the comp experience to be better. If you're not trying to get better, and don't care about potentially informed opinions because you're fine autopiloting, that's fine, but don't criticize me for going the polar opposite route, or try to insinuate what my problems are and where they stem from. Because they stem from a place you're not actually bothering to begin touching, and seemingly won't grasp as a result.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Get off your high horse. I legitimately do not give a flying fuck if people want to improve at Halo. That's on them. But to say things that differentiate Halo from the rest of the FPS genre need to be changed? I'll give my opinion every so often. Good on you for trying to improve. Honestly. Be the best you can be. But skill does NOT mean you know better than someone. Not even close. There are Halo pros who like things you don't like. So therefore, you should stop talking about it. See? Stupid right? At least when it comes to designing something. What it does is allow you to point out potentially game breaking things sooner.

If you get this heated over someone even mistakenly insinuating anything to do with your skill, you have some real growing up to do. I don't care what age anyone is. This is some childish BS. I said I don't care what pros have to tell me about MY gameplay. If I design a game and someone who is a pro at a something similar I'd listen. I PERSONALLY will not be trying to improve all that much. You do whatever the makes you happy, but calling stuff trash when there are a lot of opinions that run counter to that, expect push back. Sure I may have been rather harsh, but seeing the same old arguments was not worth reading again.

Please stay mad at me. I haven't been this active on the forums in quite some time and I need to get my neg reps up. 

• Like (+1) 5

Just gonna say you don’t necessarily have to play a game to know whats wrong with it. At least from an observer or development standpoint. You can look at some games/ideas despite never having tried/tested them and point out why they wouldn’t work.

It does make sense though that people who play a game more frequently will probably know a bit about it.

image0.png

2 minutes ago, Ember Celica said:

Just gonna say you don’t necessarily have to play a game to know whats wrong with it. At least from an observer or development standpoint. You can look at some games/ideas despite never having tried/tested them and point out why they wouldn’t work.

It does make sense though that people who play a game more frequently will probably know a bit about it.

image0.png

This is probably gonna get removed, maybe. But the amount of people complaining about the DMR in Halo Reach BTB is what this post made me think of. 

Just now, Mr Grim said:

Who was the one who said "no bloom no skill?"

I think Ogre 2 is attributed with saying that. But I remember him coming to the forum saying that he said that sarcastically.

3 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

ah yes i love having to be cautious with everything i say no matter how unoffensive on my public community halo forum (TM)

It's ok there are people that still think 343i will take what they say here into account.

What do you guys mean? I have a screenshot of going +60 in BTB, doesn't that mean every map I forge is better, every meal I eat is tastier, every opinion I hold is worth more?

Of course you all would disagree, but your opinions are invalid because on the battlefield you are falling like ants.
You don't even have max rank in HCS, THE competitive playlist people play for money. Keep crouching around with shotguns in ranked Mythic and try to get close to my K/D, pathetic weekend warriors.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 3

I would place a higher value on the opinion of an average player who grew up playing every Halo game than a reach kid who has dumped hundreds of hours into H5.  

• Fire (+1) 4
  • Toxic (+1) 3

Experience =/= good ideas 

I mean reiku78 to my knowledge has played since at least H2 and I prefer some of your ideas @Boyo to his. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OG Nick said:

Experience =/= good ideas 

I mean reiku78 to my knowledge has played since at least H2 and I prefer some of your ideas @Boyo to his. 

1 hour ago, -DeucEy- said:

I'm taking chin-controlled, fly-by-wire rockets over AR starts any day of the week. :fire:

Pick ups that modify the function of Jump, Crouch, or Melee.  

Televate instantly teleports the user upward a short distance while retaining his prior momentum.  It is activated by pressing the Jump button while airborne.  

Sphere turns the user’s player model into a small, rollable ball that cannot attack.  It is activated by pressing the Crouch button.  

The Lightblade begins the user’s shield recharge upon a successful melee strike.  It is activated by pressing the Melee button.  

Down, Left, and Right on the D pad toggle these jump, crouch, and melee modifiers off and on.  

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

Pick ups that modify the function of Jump, Crouch, or Melee.  

Televate instantly teleports the user upward a short distance while retaining his prior momentum.  It is activated by pressing the Jump button while airborne.  

Sphere turns the user’s player model into a small, rollable ball that cannot attack.  It is activated by pressing the Crouch button.  

The Lightblade begins the user’s shield recharge upon a successful melee strike.  It is activated by pressing the Melee button.  

Down, Left, and Right on the D pad toggle these jump, crouch, and melee modifiers off and on.  

Rename the sphere power up to the Gumby power up and you got a deal.

5 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Rename the sphere power up to the Gumby power up and you got a deal.

There would be a Forge object, “Materialization Post”.  In its traits, you can set 3 weapons, vehicles, or power ups and a radius.  During a match, a player who enters this radius will be given the option to select 1 of the 3 items using Down, Left , or Right on the D pad.  

The weapon appears in the player’s hands, as if he just switched to it.  The equipped weapon becomes the secondary and the former secondary is disabled until the materialized weapon runs out or ammo or is manually dropped, at which point it disappears.  

A vehicle quickly materializes around the player, putting him in the driver’s seat.  A power up takes effect immediately. 

7 minutes ago, Boyo said:

There would be a Forge object, “Materialization Post”.  In its traits, you can set 3 weapons, vehicles, or power ups and a radius.  During a match, a player who enters this radius will be given the option to select 1 of the 3 items using Down, Left , or Right on the D pad.  

The weapon appears in the player’s hands, as if he just switched to it.  The equipped weapon becomes the secondary and the former secondary is disabled until the materialized weapon runs out or ammo or is manually dropped, at which point it disappears.  

A vehicle quickly materializes around the player, putting him in the driver’s seat.  A power up takes effect immediately. 

Doesnt GTA do this but it's not an option?