CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You can't always put everything in 2 or 3 lines.
Also you don't have to read stuff others posted, but I can't see what the point of being on a forum is if anything beyond 2 paragraphs is too much.

There are plenty of reddits or facebook groups where all you get are dumb 1 liners, memes or people forming a bandwagon instead of holding their own opinion, if you cannot read any post that takes more than 15 seconds of time that's on you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

6 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Ideally I'd just have good maps, movement, and a good utility. With little in the way of uncompetitive bullshit so I can properly duel other players..

That sounds like Murder Miners. Been playing 2v2s and 1v1s on it for a few days, it's really fun. 3 shot pistol, 4 shot BR, low aim assist, balanced weapons, wall jumping and thrust movement. We turned off sprint and increased the movement speed and it plays like a Halo/Unreal Tournament hybrid.

Of course, if the game's aesthetic or it's aiming learning curve turns you off, I can respect that.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Warlord Wossman said:

You can't always put everything in 2 or 3 lines.
Also you don't have to read stuff others posted, but I can't see what the point of being on a forum is if anything beyond 2 paragraphs is too much.

There are plenty of reddits or facebook groups where all you get are dumb 1 liners, memes or people forming a bandwagon instead of holding their own opinion, if you cannot read any post that takes more than 15 seconds of time that's on you.

Dude some of the shit people here(including yourself) post are soooooo long that it takes a good few minutes to read it all. Are people here incapable of getting their points across in a couple paragraphs? Like detail upon detail but at the end of the day, each detail is insignificant if they’re saying the same thing. It’s like one persons trying to show they’re more intelligent or something.

• Downvote (-1) 3

6 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Dude some of the shit people here(including yourself) post are soooooo long that it takes a good few minutes to read it all. Are people here incapable of getting their points across in a couple paragraphs? Like detail upon detail but at the end of the day, each detail is insignificant if they’re saying the same thing. It’s like one persons trying to show they’re more intelligent or something.

I honestly didn't say a lot of stuff twice in my post, could probably cut it down to 75% of the length while keeping the amount of information but you would still be bitching about it. My message is long because it comes with too much content for just a few lines, as easy as that.

Maybe you should start taking those minutes to read the posts tho, wouldn't hurt your understanding of the topic and maybe you would start to second guess if all the details are really that insignificant. There are a lot of design questions that go into making a game and maps for it which will effect settings so it's not only pointless details.
The time some people here spend to complain about long messages could have just been used to actually read them.
Like you don't have to read them but this way you just wasted your and my time with this pointless argument.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

4th and final Halo 5 map coming up. About 3 years in the making.

Odyssey // Fall from Grace (2v2)

rPAC9Tz.png

DzaRrwz.png

rQUQto8.png

mlnNfeW.png

ZybXOf0.png

Is that a forge map?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

Really?

I've never played halo 5 and it looks like a dev map.from.the screenshots.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Arlong said:

Dude some of the shit people here(including yourself) post are soooooo long that it takes a good few minutes to read it all. 

Oh no not a few minutes!

Are people here incapable of getting their points across in a couple paragraphs?

99% of posts on this forum are less than a paragraph. So yes, they are.

Like detail upon detail but at the end of the day, each detail is insignificant if they’re saying the same thing. 

Don't read it then.

It’s like one persons trying to show they’re more intelligent or something.

There's no need to project.

• Like (+1) 4

@TheIcePrincess Mythic Arena has better maps than Team Arena and Evolved. Save a select few maps (Goliath is awful). The overall map pool is strong in comparison to Halo 5's in general. I mean Halo 5 has like 3 midship esque maps in Truth, Regret, and Coliseum. It's not perfect, and the magnum would be preffered to the H2 BR, it's better than little Timmy thrust sliding across the map making lots of map control irrelevant anyway. 

And god lay off the power weapon debate. You sound like a broken record, always. When people complain about Halo becoming a 1 gun game they mean people like you who can't handle that the other team got rockets and are using them to maintain map control. If you get dick slapped by a kid with rockets multiple times YOU'RE the one playing badly. Mythic Arena has some questionable pick ups, in the hammer, sword, shotgun, etc. but it's still more fun than a stripped down pistols only evolved. You don't hate power weapons because "Free kills lol" you hate power weapons because people using them put themselves into better positions than you do when they have them. If I am watching an angle and snipe you/rocket you, you got predicted. Does it happen by accident? Fucking of course it does. But so does ending up behind someone for an assassination. If you communicated (a novel concept I know) the rocket player would get taken out faster/sniper get pushed smarter/shotgun noob avoided.

But really you don't give two shits about this because it's not "Utility Only" which is some elitist bullshit. If you HATE Halo as it is now, why not work for 343? They seem really open to those people. You also play a lot of Halo for someone who dislikes so much about the game to the point of writing paragraphs about trivial bullshit. I mean seriously, max rank in Halo 5? Some people who play the game for the livelihoods never got there, hope that thing you get in the next Halo game is worth it while you complain again about the things in Halo that make it Halo. 

• Fire (+1) 3

56 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Oh no not a few minutes!

99% of posts on this forum are less than a paragraph. So yes, they are.

Don't read it then.

There's no need to project.

I mean I don’t like reading someone’s post on a forum that’s 1-5 book pages. I like reading tbh, but I like reading books, like Harry Potter. 

1 minute ago, Arlong said:

I mean I don’t like reading someone’s post on a forum that’s 1-5 book pages. 

Then don't.

Unless people are getting overheated I never hide long posts because sometimes people want to contextualise their thoughts and thought process. When done well this can be really interesting and insightful. When done badly it can be boring and worthless, but that's life. Mix of views, mix of opinions and mix of thoughts. 

11 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Then don't.

Unless people are getting overheated I never hide long posts because sometimes people want to contextualise their thoughts and thought process. When done well this can be really interesting and insightful. When done badly it can be boring and worthless, but that's life. Mix of views, mix of opinions and mix of thoughts. 

If I can't read it in 3 seconds flat I demand it be removed 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

7 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

@TheIcePrincess Mythic Arena has better maps than Team Arena and Evolved. Save a select few maps (Goliath is awful). The overall map pool is strong in comparison to Halo 5's in general. I mean Halo 5 has like 3 midship esque maps in Truth, Regret, and Coliseum. It's not perfect, and the magnum would be preffered to the H2 BR, it's better than little Timmy thrust sliding across the map making lots of map control irrelevant anyway. 

And god lay off the power weapon debate. You sound like a broken record, always. When people complain about Halo becoming a 1 gun game they mean people like you who can't handle that the other team got rockets and are using them to maintain map control. If you get dick slapped by a kid with rockets multiple times YOU'RE the one playing badly. Mythic Arena has some questionable pick ups, in the hammer, sword, shotgun, etc. but it's still more fun than a stripped down pistols only evolved. You don't hate power weapons because "Free kills lol" you hate power weapons because people using them put themselves into better positions than you do when they have them. If I am watching an angle and snipe you/rocket you, you got predicted. Does it happen by accident? Fucking of course it does. But so does ending up behind someone for an assassination. If you communicated (a novel concept I know) the rocket player would get taken out faster/sniper get pushed smarter/shotgun noob avoided.

But really you don't give two shits about this because it's not "Utility Only" which is some elitist bullshit. If you HATE Halo as it is now, why not work for 343? They seem really open to those people. You also play a lot of Halo for someone who dislikes so much about the game to the point of writing paragraphs about trivial bullshit. I mean seriously, max rank in Halo 5? Some people who play the game for the livelihoods never got there, hope that thing you get in the next Halo game is worth it while you complain again about the things in Halo that make it Halo. 

That's about as much of a yikes as the last game we ever played together was.

I'll bullet point it.

- Having read this entire post, I will lay out I don't care what you find fun. It's not my point. I only care about competitive viability. Fun is subjective. And not what I will ever argue. Because of that.

- You know I get more miffed when I pick up rockets and just annihilate people for free, lol. Like recently playing Oracle and picking up a shotgun. Got 7 kills in one or two lives just abusing a simple, predictable angle. Because it's easy as piss. Which is my problem. If it's piss easy for me to rack up 7 kills, it's highly probable, if not a guarantee someone of lesser skill will get at least one kill back to me with a shotgun. Although, if we're gonna talk about dickslapping, never forget we have recorded customs in default Halo 5 where you dropped double digit neg bombs, where I specifically had more power weapon kills than you did, and you had none. So, it's not like I have a problem actually contesting these things. Historically to you, I've always been the one demolishing with them. I don't even have a dick and I did more slapping back when I didn't actually grind this game properly, lmao. It's sure not a problem of contesting or being merked by them. They're just cheese.

- However, it's been known, because I've been confronted on this three times and spoken on how I like more than I hate about Halo, I'm just more vocal about what I dislike to like. Feedback matters more to me than just giving endless praise. Which in turn translates to playtime. Almost like I liked the game. In spite of problems. There's a reason I'll play Halo 5's Arena settings, while dropping Mythic like a hot rock after a few hours of grinding. Because I love one and not the other. 

Although, gotta love the mockery for my time played while making a poor comparison, lol. Seems like a running theme, but I'll drop two hints. Arena was nuked for XP, and pros played a load of customs to scrim, which gave nothing. Also love the idea that I complain a lot, lol. When it's also a running theme that people complain that newer Halos aren't as good as old ones. You know what's also a running theme? Every scoreboard sucker remaining salty like this. I don't think it's a coincidence you and Hard Way happen to get deathly personal with me over a menial post. And both happen to not run lobbies. But that's irrelevant.

Play with or against me sometime and I'll show you it's not a problem of contesting them. Or being merked. Just for the added benefit of "before your eyes" proof. Or don't. And be like everybody else.

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

Holding on to screenshots of stats in customs just to diss people on the forum later. Priceless.

1 hour ago, OG Nick said:

To be fair, we did our best man lol. Me and you specifically sat there and looked at like... 40 maps over the course of an entire day lol! Some of those maps were pretty dope though; but they were like casual maps nothing we were able to take seriously. Really good maps are really difficult to come by -- And I'm not a forger myself so I can definitely understand.

Ah the ye old "Stat check" I am so hurt by playing badly at a game I don't particularly like. I went double neg many times in my life. You're gonna have to come up with a better argument than that. And if pointing out how much you like to rag on older Halo games is personal then I guess pointing out stats is getting personal because they're both factual statements. I went double neg. You complain about Halo a lot. 

Nice pulling up a screenshot so fast, must've been itching to pull that one out. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, -DeucEy- said:

To be fair, we did our best man lol. Me and you specifically sat there and looked at like... 40 maps over the course of an entire day lol! Some of those maps were pretty dope though; but they were like casual maps nothing we were able to take seriously.

I mean we did. I'm not denying I put in a lot of hours into Evolved, but I heavily disagree with the take that the maps in Mythic Arena are somehow worse overall. As in the words of my predecessor "Defo a bad take" when calling the maps all garbage. 

Sorry for the double post, was quoted while typing and I'm too lazy to restart my thought. 

18 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

To be fair, I was in that custom lobby. And I only played because people asked me to join for an 8 man. Everyone on that team was stunted when I was just casually messing around in game. That screenshot holds 0 weight. Especially when we can pull up times you negged just as easily. 1 game doesn't = anything.

1 minute ago, OG Nick said:

Ah the ye old "Stat check" I am so hurt by playing badly at a game I don't particularly like. I went double neg many times in my life. You're gonna have to come up with a better argument than that. And if pointing out how much you like to rag on older Halo games is personal then I guess pointing out stats is getting personal because they're both factual statements. I went double neg. You complain about Halo a lot. 

Nice pulling up a screenshot so fast, must've been itching to pull that one out. 

I didn't say you said my complaining was the personal part. I was talking about your mockery of playtime.

To that, I didn't statcheck you. You brought up the first comment, saying I struggle with power weapons, and this is why I don't like them. I pulled up a screenshot comparing you and I specifically where I outright dominated you with power weapons. I don't care if you don't like the game, or for the excuses. It's obvious me controlling them isn't a problem if I at my arguable worst in this game could and did do in spades.

And yes, you go double neg, lmao. You are exactly the type of person to never have control of a fucking power weapon. Or be in a position to assist with it. You're half the reason I even bitch about this. Because people will die and give them up to the enemy, lmao. Be it by holding them and dying, or not doing anything and dying while going double neg and feeding. You're part of my problem. Stop the neg. Start the stat. I promise it's a better life than obj godding.

Although, nah, I didn't even have the shot. It was shown to me, lol. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

10 minutes ago, Basu said:

Holding on to screenshots of stats in customs just to diss people on the forum later. Priceless.

I'm amazed this happened. I'd be concerned but I'm pretty sure I did shit like that when I was younger as well. I used to genuinely believe that being better than someone at a game meant you knew game design as a whole better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I didn't say you said my complaining was the personal part. I was talking about your mockery of playtime.

To that, I didn't statcheck you. You brought up the first comment, saying I struggle with power weapons, and this is why I don't like them. I pulled up a screenshot comparing you and I specifically where I outright dominated you with power weapons. I don't care if you don't like the game, or for the excuses. It's obvious me controlling them isn't a problem if I at my arguable worst in this game could and did do in spades.

And yes, you go double neg, lmao. You are exactly the type of person to never have control of a fucking power weapon. Or be in a position to assist with it. You're half the reason I even bitch about this. Because people will die and give them up to the enemy, lmao. Be it by holding them and dying, or not doing anything and dying while going double neg and feeding. You're part of my problem. Stop the neg. Start the stat. I promise it's a better life than obj godding.

Although, nah, I didn't even have the shot. It was shown to me, lol. 

Playtime is also a fact like going double neg? I was pointing out you play something you talk badly about in many regards a lot. 

Also you're judging me, again, in customs with hilariously skewed skill ranges. Neat. And I don't particularly enjoy stating, because it really is the worst part of objectives. I also don't get power weapons because I knew then, and try to be aware now, of how much skill I lack with the weapons compared to my teammates. Fact of life, I am only so skilled at a game I play. Could I get better? Sure. But I enjoy the games now and see no reason to improve when I'm not grinding the game every night and haven't for months. Even during evolved I was too busy to play every day, and really only played because I enjoyed the people not the game as much. 

Also I don't go double neg with some regular occurrence even if I may have in the more "competitively viable" Evolved than default 5, or any halo I've played before or since.  But please, please, keep telling me to stat while I cap another flag. It feeds me.