CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

MCC just gets frustrating after awhile, and without a partner CE 2v2s are even worse, so I decided I needed more frustration or something.

It frustrates me because I suck at it lol. If you ever want to run games I'm always down and I don't care if we lose. I'm on the grind to get educated, I'm not trying to already be pro.

It frustrates me because I suck at it lol. If you ever want to run games I'm always down and I don't care if we lose. I'm on the grind to get educated, I'm not trying to already be pro.

Sure, add me so we can play. Gt is same as user

I like how fashionable it is to hate on 343 and Halo nowadays. You know, now that it's safe to do so. 

It's the only thing that makes me think it's possible we get a more classic Halo for 6.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Didn't see this earlier and it might've gotten lost in all the HCS news, but they're done with the weapon updates so we're stuck with what we have now until H6.

Player requested updates like brand new developer-made maps or additional weapon tuning are no longer within feasible scope. Instead, what we can do is leverage existing tools and content to address some of these reported issues and deliver updated settings for the next season of HCS.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/hcs-2018-settings-update

I like how fashionable it is to hate on 343 and Halo nowadays. You know, now that it's safe to do so. 

hating 343 confirmed 2 mainstream 4 me.

Does this mean also no updates to gametypes like more tweaks to Oddball's awful spawn system?

Also no way there won't be s Halo FPS coming this year. 343 isn't THAT delusional to think H5 will last another 18 months in its current state.

I mean when was it not safe? Obviously you've got guys like multi that actually might see some trouble over what they've said and sometimes you don't want to offend a new member of their studio that's trying to really talk to us that maybe hasn't tried yet buuuuuut outside of that they've pretty much been the target of hate for basically everything that's happened post Reach TU. It just gets way less respectful the longer a specific game lingers because it becomes more obvious that it isn't that they're new and, no, they aren't doing anything if they're even listening.

I mean when was it not safe? Obviously you've got guys like multi that actually might see some trouble over what they've said and sometimes you don't want to offend a new member of their studio that's trying to really talk to us that maybe hasn't tried yet buuuuuut outside of that they've pretty much been the target of hate for basically everything that's happened post Reach TU. It just gets way less respectful the longer a specific game lingers because it becomes more obvious that it isn't that they're new and, no, they aren't doing anything if they're even listening.

How many Youtube videos from 2016 and before can you find that basically say 343 is a giant clown car? 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How many Youtube videos from 2016 and before can you find that basically say 343 is a giant clown car? 

I mean its not like they don't exist if you just search 343 ruined Halo and sort by upload date. It just ramps over time as new people finally lose it over whatever the current game is. Its pretty much the same pattern over and over just with new people. Which sucks and I'm sure some of the bigger "personalities" (like Halo even has those) shy away from it while they're busy sucking 343 off over their early access reviews the real meat of it is just long time fans that finally just freak out after 2-3 years of the current game sucking

Does this mean also no updates to gametypes like more tweaks to Oddball's awful spawn system?

Also no way there won't be s Halo FPS coming this year. 343 isn't THAT delusional to think H5 will last another 18 months in its current state.

they shouldn't plan releases around how long each title will "last". they should take their time to make a good game.

they shouldn't plan releases around how long each title will "last". they should take their time to make a good game.

No one is going to give a fuck about Halo anymore if they have to stick with Halo 5 and a barely functioning MCC for another 18 months. Interest in Halo is already incredibly low.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is true, but at some point they have go release something or Halo is going to fade into completely obscurity.

No one is going to give a fuck about Halo anymore if they have to stick with Halo 5 and a barely functioning MCC for another 18 months. Interest in Halo is already incredibly low.

This is true, but at some point they have go release something or Halo is going to fade into completely obscurity.

that doesnt make any sense. the reason people don't give a fuck about Halo currently is because they keep rushing shitty games out the door. in general, the market's interest in a game isn't based on the lasting playerbase of its prequel.

how many people were playing GTA4 before GTA5 launched 5 years later? How many people were playing Rainbow 6: Las Vegas before Seige launched 8 years later? how many people were playing God of War 3 when God of War 4 launched 8 years later? How many people are actively playing Red Dead Revolver now? that won't stop Red Dead Redemption from selling like hot cakes this fall- 8 years after its prequel.

you don't build interest by rushing games out the door in response to your player count. you build interest by making good games. period. if halo6 comes out, and it's getting wide user and critical acclaim, coupled with good marketing, no one will care that halo 5s population dropped to nothing first. they'll buy and play this new game because they'll feel it's worth it.

• Upvote (+1) 6

that doesnt make any sense. the reason people don't give a fuck about Halo as it is because they keep rushing shitty games out the door. in general, the markets interest in a game isn't based on the lasting playerbase of its prequel.

how many people were playing GTA4 before GTA5 launched 5 years later? How many people were playing Rainbow 6: Las Vegas before Seige launched 8 years later? how many people were playing God of War 3 when God of War 4 launched 8 years later? How many people are actively playing Red Dead Revolver now? that won't stop Red Dead Redemption from selling like hot cakes this fall- 8 years after its prequel.

you don't build interest by rushing games out the door in response to your player count. you build interest by making good games. if halo6 comes out, and it's getting wide user and critical acclaim, coupled with good marketing, no one will care that halo 5s population dropped to nothing first.

Exactly.  A lot of franchises have been helped or even saved by having long layoffs between main games.  Tomb Raider comes to mind for me.  That franchise was dead or dying, barely selling below-average games and a couple top-down mobile quality games before they rebooted the franchise in 2013.  It had been 5 years since the last "main" game and that franchise has been hot since. 

A long time off, then decent marketing and an actually great halo game could be the best thing for it right now.  Especially if it comes to PC and has even more hardcore modding tools included beyond forge for adding AI and altering campaign.  I am not opposed to waiting 4 or 5 years as long as the next game is dope.

That said, i am betting on a March-ish 2019 release for Halo 6.

• Upvote (+1) 3