CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I bought destiny 2 for my dad for christmas. Did i make a mistake?

You have made a grave but fixable error.

Step 1: Take it back

Step 2: Pick up the Witcher 3 with all expansions

Step 3: Present it at Christmas instead

Step 4: lose communication with your Dad for at least a month.

• Upvote (+1) 8

You have made a grave but fixable error.

Step 1: Take it back

Step 2: Pick up the Witcher 3 with all expansions

Step 3: Present it at Christmas instead

Step 4: lose communication with your Dad for at least a month.

Only a month? LOL
  • Upvote (+1) 5

You can just play Gwent in that game for houuuuuurs. The standalone Gwent game is somehow worse.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In addition to all the things he spoke about, he also missed that trick jumps being designed for clamber means you can't do them backwards while still shooting or nading people like you frequently see on Guardian and Lockout. What a trainwreck of a mechanic.

• Upvote (+1) 8

In addition to all the things he spoke about, he also missed that trick jumps being designed for clamber means you can't do them backwards while still shooting or nading people like you frequently see on Guardian and Lockout. What a trainwreck of a mechanic.

This is the biggest thing to me. Clamber and sprint both limits most of the ‘advanced movement’ to the “forward direction”, severely limiting the players ability to show profeciency with simultaneously navigating and dealing damage.

They advertise it as an advanced ability, but the way it’s been incorporated into map design, it’s actually a limitation.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I would've said Warframe.Warframe is Destiny if Destiny was actually good.

Played Warframe for some time, untill I could play endgame content and frankly I think it has many of the same issues as Destiny. To name a few:

Boring, repetitive and grindy gameplay/content.

******** hordes of AI instead of smarter small groups.

Stupidly easy except when it isn't then it's just annoying because it's hard for the wrong reasons AND the AI is boring to fight. The only AI that was fun to fight was the Stalker guy who drops dread.

Games like Destiny, Warframe and Diablo are the gaming equivalent of chasing the dragon.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Played Warframe for some time, untill I could play endgame content and frankly I think it has many of the same issues as Destiny. To name a few:

Stupidly easy except when it isn't then it's just annoying because it's hard for the wrong reasons AND the AI is boring to fight. The only AI that was fun to fight was the Stalker guy who drops dread.

Games like Destiny, Warframe and Diablo are the gaming equivalent of chasing the dragon.

But it’s a nice looking dragon.

Halo 6 will suck and that sir is a FACT. 343 has shown time and time again they’re incompetent at making a great halo game. And every time we give feedback they don’t listen at all! Or they twist what we want. Hells these are the same fuckers who fucked up “aiming” in a “first person shooter” I’ve player 3rd party fps games with better aiming.

• Upvote (+1) 4

grindy shooters shouldn't be a thing tbh, shooters are already bad enough lfkmgdfkmg

Everybody has their own tastes.Some people like grindy games.

Warframe is free and any spending you choose to do is optional. Destiny 1 & 2 are designed to screw you out of your money with dlc that should've been in the base game, microtransactions, and more dlc.Oh, and the base game unlike Warframe costs $60.Warframe at this point in time either does almost everything Destiny does just as well or better. EX: story, open world, customization, different classes and weapons.... And the list goes on and on.Warframe multiplayer has much larger skillgap despite DE putting little to no effort into it. It also undebatably looks cooler.

https://gfycat.com/RigidOilyHumpbackwhale

It honestly just seems to me like you don't like MMOs based on your "repetitive, grindy" statement. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. It just makes your statement of Warframe being just as bad as Destiny seem kinda wierd.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Everybody has their own tastes.Some people like grindy games. Warframe is free and any spending you choose to do is optional. Destiny 1 & 2 are designed to screw you out of your money with dlc that should've been in the base game, microtransactions, and more dlc.Oh, and the base game unlike Warframe costs $60.Warframe at this point in time either does almost everything Destiny does just as well or better. EX: story, open world, customization, different classes and weapons.... And the list goes on and on.Warframe multiplayer has much larger skillgap despite DE putting little to no effort into it. It also undebatably looks cooler.

https://gfycat.com/RigidOilyHumpbackwhale

It honestly just seems to me like you don't like MMOs based on your "repetitive, grindy" statement. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. It just makes your statement of Warframe being just as bad as Destiny seem kinda wierd.

I'm talking purely about gameplay.

Its not about MMOs or that style in particular as I love Borderlands, which looked at in a vacuum is a similar premise.

There's something about the lack of life in Destiny and Warframe AI that just makes them boring to kill over and over that isn't present in Borderlands.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This is the biggest thing to me. Clamber and sprint both limits most of the ‘advanced movement’ to the “forward direction”, severely limiting the players ability to show profeciency with simultaneously navigating and dealing damage.

They advertise it as an advanced ability, but the way it’s been incorporated into map design, it’s actually a limitation.

Yep. Enhanced mobility has a very narrow target audience. At a low level, the extra button presses and the complicated control scheme make it harder to try to move fluidly. At a high level, you can do fewer combinations of actions simultaneously than if you just had a faster base movement speed and a higher jump. At all levels, your mind is being taxed by having to use the abilities, and there’s evidence that more complicated manual tasks reduce critical thinking effectiveness.

Movement abilities don’t just dumb down the game by being crutches. They dumb down the playerbase by being redundant drains on our mental resources. Halo should be about fighting against players instead of fighting against the game.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yep. Enhanced mobility has a very narrow target audience. At a low level, the extra button presses and the complicated control scheme make it harder to try to move fluidly. At a high level, you can do fewer combinations of actions simultaneously than if you just had a faster base movement speed and a higher jump. At all levels, your mind is being taxed by having to use the abilities, and there’s evidence that more complicated manual tasks reduce critical thinking effectiveness.

Movement abilities don’t just dumb down the game by being crutches. They dumb down the playerbase by being redundant drains on our mental resources. Halo should be about fighting against players instead of fighting against the game.

but when i press the button the man on the screen does a thing so its really cool and innovative and makes halo a way better game for sure.

• Upvote (+1) 1

but when i press the button the man on the screen does a thing so its really cool and innovative and makes halo a way better game for sure.

“Halo needs to evolve, Halo 3 was so slow”

Ok why not just have a faster base movement speed, better strafe acceleration, and a higher field of view instead of sprint/thrust?

“Lol now I know you’re a Halo hater, you just want Halo 2.5 [insert ridiculing GIF]”

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wish that video was around last week to show it to someone. I was arguing the same things with him except not as elaborately as that.

Meanwhile, in other parts of the Internet.

Halo 5 wasn't rushed. It's literally a perfect game. The campaign is what suffered because Microsoft forced 343 to remake the entire campaign along with force this Locke character down there throats around 2014, with such a character never existing previously. If it wasn't for Microsoft's actions, Halo 5 would've been the next Halo 3 easily.

Wish that video was around last week to show it to someone. I was arguing the same things with him except not as elaborately as that.

Meanwhile, in other parts of the Internet.

It wasn’t rushed.

They just didn’t complete what they wanted in the time they were given.

• Upvote (+1) 1