CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Vehicles ruin everything good about BTB.

MATE STANDOFF AR STARTS WAS THE BEST THING EVER. BALANCED WARTHOG. MUCH FUN.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dude, no joke, I felt little to no input lag on my TV. I would have no problem playing FPS games on it, Halo 5's shitty aiming system aside.

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-XBR55X800E-55-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B01MSD6HHV/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1512600380&sr=1-2&keywords=XBR55X800E

That is the TV, you know how picky I am about input lag too. I turned off all the "motion" options though, have to.

My 50in 4k has 20ms

• Downvote (-1) 1

Dude, no joke, I felt little to no input lag on my TV. I would have no problem playing FPS games on it, Halo 5's shitty aiming system aside.

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-XBR55X800E-55-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B01MSD6HHV/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1512600380&sr=1-2&keywords=XBR55X800E

That is the TV, you know how picky I am about input lag too. I turned off all the "motion" options though, have to.

You should see how bad it is on my 65" Vizio.  I can barely play solo campaign FPS games it's so bad. 

You should see how bad it is on my 65" Vizio. I can barely play solo campaign FPS games it's so bad.

It have a game mode?

PLEASE GOD NO

343 PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW THIS TREND

I can't even try to think of a purpose that we would need a social space.

I'm sure they raise points in the video, but I can't bring myself to give that a view.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Remember when this specific people on this forum were saying that Destiny 2 was going to be amazing and that Halo 5 would look bad in comparison because Bungie would have learned from their mistakes?

ah good times.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Greenshill actually shilling for Bing for about two minutes straight.

Well, okay.  Hub systems are nothing new and a good amount of people have thought about the idea for Halo even before CoD WW2 and Destiny 2 were a thing.

I think it's kind of a neat idea if done right, but I could easily do with or without it. Obviously needs to be optional to a large extent, as walking around a physical space will always be inherently slower and less convenient than navigating a menu.

Seriously though, Halo 6 is gonna have a hub space. Greenskulls buddies at 343 probably hinted to him and now he puts a video out on it to see how the fanbase may react

Wheres my Tinfoil hat?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Remember when this specific people on this forum were saying that Destiny 2 was going to be amazing and that Halo 5 would look bad in comparison because Bungie would have learned from their mistakes?

ah good times.

I don't actually. What I said was that it makes sense that Destiny 2 actually looks and plays like the first game, unlike, you know, every single Halo sequel compared to its predecessor with the arguable exception of Halo 3. And Halo 5 still does look bad, because you can actually aim in Destiny. (full disclosure: I did not buy Destiny 2).

Greenshill actually shilling for Bing for about two minutes straight.

Well, okay.  Hub systems are nothing new and a good amount of people have thought about the idea for Halo even before CoD WW2 and Destiny 2 were a thing.

I think it's kind of a neat idea if done right, but I could easily do with or without it. Obviously needs to be optional to a large extent, as walking around a physical space will always be inherently slower and less convenient than navigating a menu.

Well, if Destiny and CoD WWII are an example of it done right, then it's a complete waste of time and an obnoxious gimmick that I would prefer to turn OFF than anything else. I can't think of anything in particular that it would add to Halo other than brief novelty, clunkier menus, and more load time. What is the point? I honestly don't get it.

• Downvote (-1) 1

It's not.

Lol. None of us were particularly good so it would probably be a lot more fun than if everyone was just 3 shot lasering cross-map.

I think people forget that most people who played H:CE were terrible at the game. Unless you went to tournaments, you were subject to the meta you and your buddies developed in house.

Blood Gulch was fun as hell- because no one new any better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT54gJVT2J8

PLEASE GOD NO

343 PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW THIS TREND

Ha, this is the last sort of thing they should be concerning themselves with.

I, for one, would much rather have a nice quick Menu-UI. It’s completely asinine to have to load up a play area, runaround to find something to do, and then load up a different Play area in order to do it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think people forget that most people who played H:CE were terrible at the game. Unless you went to tournaments, you were subject to the meta you and your buddies developed in house.

Blood Gulch was fun as hell- because no one new any better

Ignorance can be bliss. The amount of 2v2, all vehicles on, sniper games we played on sidewinder.. I don't think we played any map outside of blood gulch and sidewinder for months because they didn't have vehicles.

Simpler times.

too late. I can already see the infinity being the new hub area. Complete with npcs to get challenges from, buy req points and call in loot boxes!

I hate H6 already now.  I don't want to have to play 500 hours to get the Master Chief Mark 2 champion, and I don't want to pay and addition $7.99 for him. 

ah good times.

Right now, I would rather play D2 than H5 in heart beat.  At least D2 has match making that isn't an atrocious team-quit experience and its' co-operative experiences blow H5 Warzone and Firefight out of the water by miles. Did they regress from D1? I don't know, I play on PC and hardly played any D1. (But I heard they did)

Even if they did regress from D1, they haven't hit 343 level incompetency.  D2 is by far a better game than H5 IMO, especially at the current stage of it's life cycle. At the same stage in Halo 5 life cycle, we were barley getting Forge.  And Bungie is at least trying to interact with its' community by reacting to feedback and improve the end game. I never felt like 343 was trying to listen to us. I always felt like they were cramming half-assed unwanted "innovations" down our throats instead. 

I don't understand the hate for a social space?  As long as I can still get around using a standard reach-esque UI I fail to see the problem?  I have the same opinion on that as i do about playable elites and replacing the magnum with a rifle as long as the other characteristics are the same.  Elites are silly and i dont see the point but hey if some casual wants to play as one and have a giant fucking hitbox for me to duke on fine.  If people are upset that the magnum is "only a sidearm" that's stupid (im sure "sidearms" will be pretty badass by 2500...), but hey i care waaaay more about how the game plays than what the gun looks like. Make it a rifle instead and just make sure it doesn't take up too much screen real-estate.

imo these are the kind of casual things that don't really have an effect on the actual gameplay experience, so why not "throw them a bone"?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't understand the hate for a social space? 

Social spaces without social features, they are a joke, that's where the hate comes from

I don't understand the hate for a social space?  As long as I can still get around using a standard reach-esque UI I fail to see the problem?  I have the same opinion on that as i do about playable elites and replacing the magnum with a rifle as long as the other characteristics are the same.  Elites are silly and i dont see the point but hey if some casual wants to play as one and have a giant fucking hitbox for me to duke on fine.  If people are upset that the magnum is "only a sidearm" that's stupid (im sure "sidearms" will be pretty badass by 2500...), but hey i care waaaay more about how the game plays than what the gun looks like. Make it a rifle instead and just make sure it doesn't take up too much screen real-estate.

imo these are the kind of casual things that don't really have an effect on the actual gameplay experience, so why not "throw them a bone"?

The hate is not for the social space, the hate is for the underlying motive that would cause 343 to implement one, when it is not needed at all. They simply follow trends for the sake of trendiness and force them to fit. You end up with something that feels completely bland and lacking character. The Halo identity is gone. Halo is a basic bitch. 

So that we don’t give 343 an excuse for making the classic casual modes (or other essential features like a functional theater mode) either trash or nonexistent during H6’s launch by forcing their time to make a gimmicky social space. We don’t need another civil war at launch because both sides weren’t properly catered to, and I don’t know how a social space is gonna fill the void for a lack of playability because casuals don’t have their social game modes to relax in for months.

The hate is not for the social space, the hate is for the underlying motive that would cause 343 to implement one, when it is not needed at all. They simply follow trends for the sake of trendiness and force them to fit. You end up with something that feels completely bland and lacking character. The Halo identity is gone. Halo is a basic bitch. 

I guess i just... don't give a shit.  Its not something the effects the actual gameplay. Unless they sacrifice standard game stuff for it like happened with Breakout, but thats a different conversation.  As long as everything can be accomplished in the standard UI, people who think its dumb can just ignore it.

So that we don’t give 343 an excuse for making the classic casual modes (or other essential features like a functional theater mode) either trash or nonexistent during H6’s launch by forcing their time to make a gimmicky social space. We don’t need another civil war at launch because both sides weren’t properly catered to, and I don’t know how a social space is gonna fill the void for a lack of playability because casuals don’t have their social game modes to relax in for months.

Well yeah, the assumption is that the rest of the game is complete and full-featured.  Like i said above, as long as its not another breakout situation i'll just ignore it.

If they made the social space a requirement for navigating the game, that would be a tall glass of bullshit.

The social playspace has a virtual couch that people can sit on and it launches a perfectly working version of MCC, praise 343.