CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Good on the guys carrying the torch and calling people out on their bullshit. Keep up the good fight.

Love,

Dev.

No. 

of course not

how the hell do yall enjoy this game

As “anti-teambeyond” as this sounds, the minimal amount of spread added is fine to me. If you’re in the RRR, you’ll get a perfect kill. It’s the extreme distances where you won’t. While that will undoubtedly be frustrating as a user, I think it will make the game flow better in general. We’ll have to wait and see though.

Spread, that is effectively cancelled out by magnetism within RRR, seems like a silly solution to limiting range. Damage drop off would be better than that. Burst bullet 1 disappears after X feet, 2 after Y feet. At least your bullets still go where you aim but each burst does less damage over distance. Or if they are so gung ho on limiting range, make it a projectile weapon. It seems a bit like “lazy-niching” to me.

Spread, that is effectively cancelled out by magnetism within RRR, seems like a silly solution to limiting range. Damage drop off would be better than that. Burst bullet 1 disappears after X feet, 2 after Y feet. At least your bullets still go where you aim but each burst does less damage over distance. Or if they are so gung ho on limiting range, make it a projectile weapon. It seems a bit like “lazy-niching” to me.

Damage fall off sucks.  I hate it in every game that has it.  If i track my target accurately... i should be allowed to hit my target. Not have bullets just fucking disappear somewhere along the way.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Again, this is not a complicated issue. Lower aim assists and range issues solve themselves. Halo developers continue to run around in circles because they refuse to address the fact that their games are just too easy to aim in. It's okay for people to miss a lot of shots.

• Upvote (+1) 6

343 forgot to remove the ADS spread reduction for any of the SMG variants with different sights.

Again, this is not a complicated issue. Lower aim assists and range issues solve themselves. Halo developers continue to run around in circles because they refuse to address the fact that their games are just too easy to aim in. It's okay for people to miss a lot of shots.

I favor the classic approach to this referred commonly as: having no aim assist at all and playing with a mouse. Many beloved games have used this very successful formula.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I favor the classic approach to this referred commonly as: having no aim assist at all and playing with a mouse. Many beloved games have used this very successful formula.

Clearly you jest; we all know from Modern Game Design 101 that players won't play a game if they don't land at least 90% of their shots after practicing for 30 minutes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Looks like they snuck in a Banshee nerf in the update.

Increased the cooldown time on the Banshee's flip maneuver
  • Upvote (+1) 1

As “anti-teambeyond” as this sounds, the minimal amount of spread added is fine to me. If you’re in the RRR, you’ll get a perfect kill. It’s the extreme distances where you won’t. While that will undoubtedly be frustrating as a user, I think it will make the game flow better in general. We’ll have to wait and see though.

It's cool to make the gun less effective at range. It's not cool to leave effectiveness up to chance.

They could make the bullets shrink over distance. Remove all magnetism and assistance. Even damage drop off would be better (though I dont like the idea).

Damage fall off sucks. I hate it in every game that has it. If i track my target accurately... i should be allowed to hit my target. Not have bullets just fucking disappear somewhere along the way.

I dont like fall off either, but if used, they wouldn't have to make bullets disappear- just drop to a minimum.

For the BR, you'd just dropoff the damage enough to make it require an extra shot if you are beyond a certain distance.

For all you WZFF kids out there, the new AR is godly against AI. The headshot multiplier coupled with the huge ammo pool, high aim assist and low recoil makes it extremely easy to farm kills with.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 just literally just confirmed a long standing suspicion of mine that they fuck with close range aiming. The aim assist stat is a fucking VARIABLE?! Are you fucking kidding me? So if a player walks just an inch too close to you, the weapon you're using just statistically changes through an invisible switch and actively tries to fuck you over? Having a maximum RRR is one thing, having a hidden aim assistance slider that cannot be accounted for is another.

Need I remind everyone that aim assist was developed to help emulate KB/M aiming and to remove the inherent inaccuracies of stick based aiming. This horseshit makes it flat out impossible gain a feel for weapons if the weapon itself isn't acting consistently. All it is is artificial difficulty curating a false sense of skill gap between players.

Did I lose because I fucked up, or because the game flipped an invisible switch and screwed me over? What a fucking joke. This game is dead to me.

• Upvote (+1) 3

343 just literally just confirmed a long standing suspicion of mine that they fuck with close range aiming. The aim assist stat is a fucking VARIABLE?! Are you fucking kidding me? So if a player walks just an inch too close to you, the weapon you're using just statistically changes through an invisible switch and actively tries to fuck you over? Having a maximum RRR is one thing, having a hidden aim assistance slider that cannot be accounted for is another.

Need I remind everyone that aim assist was developed to help emulate KB/M aiming and to remove the inherent inaccuracies of stick based aiming. This horseshit makes it flat out impossible gain a feel for weapons if the weapon itself isn't acting consistently. All it is is artificial difficulty curating a false sense of skill gap between players.

Did I lose because I fucked up, or because the game flipped an invisible switch and screwed me over? What a fucking joke. This game is dead to me.

wait what?

wait what?

343 has a minimum aim assist range programmed into weapons that weakens aim assist if players get close enough to you. That's why precision weapons feel like shit up close. Skill gap my ass. More like dice rolling.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

343 has a minimum aim assist range programmed into weapons that weakens aim assist if players get close enough to you. That's why precision weapons feel like shit up close. Skill gap my ass. More like dice rolling.

Yeah I was pretty surprised to hear multiple levels of RRR, never seen something like that in a game before.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah I was pretty surprised to hear multiple levels of RRR, never seen something like that in a game before.

It shouldn't even be a thing at all.

Anybody feel like they're shooting particularly well today? I'm not good and usually shoot around 47% but today it's been mostly 60% and others feel the same with their shooting ability.

For all you WZFF kids out there, the new AR is godly against AI. The headshot multiplier coupled with the huge ammo pool, high aim assist and low recoil makes it extremely easy to farm kills with.

PyBqBg1.gif

That’s been there since at least Halo 4. It’s good because you don’t want your reticle getting dragged all over the place when an enemy is moving right in front of you. The closer the enemy is to you, the faster he moves across your screen. Ignoring the effects of red reticle at close range help the player aim independently.

• Downvote (-1) 1

That’s been there since at least Halo 4. It’s good because you don’t want your reticle getting dragged all over the place when an enemy is moving right in front of you. The closer the enemy is to you, the faster he moves across your screen. Ignoring the effects of red reticle at close range help the player aim independently.

Bullshit. The blog post itself states it as a balancing factor. Aim assistance should consistent at all times.

Here's a mind blowing thought, 343. If you had made a proper,non redundant, utility based sandbox with consistent moderate to low aim assist, you wouldn't have to come with utterly convoluted, ******** nonsense like "variable AA".

Let's take a look at the list of "shit that shouldn't be a problem with the aiming system, but is anyway."

1. Cancerous acceleration curves.

2. Game by game inconsistencies (heavy aim).

3. Free pocket make them miss button (thrust).

4. Variable fuck you assist range for all weapons.

I'll never complain about Destiny's nonsense ever again.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm hoping next xbox gets gyro controls so we can be done with this.

Even with better aiming systems, we've all gotten fucked by aim-assists snapping to the wrong target.

Gyro Controller with no-aim assist is the future for console shooters.

Even with better aiming systems, we've all gotten fucked by aim-assists snapping to the wrong target.

We already don't have enough buttons. Gyro without an automatic recenter/recalibrate is ass. It's what makes Splatoon's aiming so goo.

I think you mean KB&M support. That's all you need to remove AA. Start selling Xboxes with a Microsoft made KB&M.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The more I read Boyo, the more convinced I am that he works for 343 and is here to be a social media spy and influencer