CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

If it’s a joke I don’t get it. Have you played the playlist much? Those spawns are comical.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah, they're pretty bad. I had spawns on Snowbound where I would literally spawn right behind someone and then just back smack them for a kill, lol. Luckily, I don't get High Ground that much, but I do get Snowbound quite a bit.

Speaking of Which… – As an FYI, when Oddball goes live in Halo 5 matchmaking, it will replace the H3 Classic Throwback playlist (shortly after the upcoming Overtime content release). However, fear not – the H3CT playlist will indeed return in the future – and with new maps and full support for the Oddball mode itself.

:tear:

Streaming Tunes – Next week, we’re pulling all the pieces together for a deep-diving Livestream roundtable to more intricately discuss the Halo 5 Weapon Tuning project. Current time is slated for 3:00 PM PT on Wednesday, Nov. 1 on mixer.com/Halo. Stay tuned to all the normal social Halo haunts for up-to-date news on the stream, and get ready for some super nerdy weapon whiteboarding.

Everyone who logs into Halo 5: Guardians from Friday through Sunday will receive the Greatest Hits Customization REQ Pack for free as a little birthday gift

• Upvote (+1) 3

Speaking of Which… – As an FYI, when Oddball goes live in Halo 5 matchmaking, it will replace the H3 Classic Throwback playlist (shortly after the upcoming Overtime content release). However, fear not – the H3CT playlist will indeed return in the future –

Oh FFS. You can't update it without removing it for several weeks? Most people don't read these blog posts and they will think it's gone for good. And saying it will "return in the future" is a sure way to kill the playlist even further, as we have no idea when and for how long it will come back.

• Upvote (+1) 1

*Puts on tinfoil hat.*

They're already well aware of all of that.

Has any other playlist had this amount of issues? For the first day the shield recharge delay was completely awful (something they would have realize within the first ten seconds if they actually tested the settings). So the first impression was already terrible. On top of that the spawns are complete shit, and not just bad, but really horribly broken. And now they're removing the playlist for an indefinite amount of time. Would they ever treat Team Arena or their precious Warzone playlists like that? Yeah tinfoil hat is on, but it looks like they're doing everything in their power to sabotage this classic playlist. Which would not be a first, remember when they made that CE Throwback playlist, but forgot to turn off spartan abilities? Yeah.

Has any other playlist had this amount of issues? For the first day the shield recharge delay was completely awful (something they would have realize within the first ten seconds if they actually tested the settings). So the first impression was already terrible. On top of that the spawns are complete shit, and not just bad, but really horribly broken. And now they're removing the playlist for an indefinite amount of time. Would they ever treat Team Arena or their precious Warzone playlists like that? Yeah tinfoil hat is on, but it looks like they're doing everything in their power to sabotage this classic playlist. Which would not be a first, remember when they made that CE Throwback playlist, but forgot to turn off spartan abilities? Yeah.

I really don't think there is some conspiracy. The playlist was always referred to as rotational. They are adding a gametype to h5, and want to shift some focus to it. It makes sense.

The fact that they are announcing that the playlist will return with improvements suggests it had strong numbers.

I really don't think there is some conspiracy. The playlist was always referred to as rotational. They are adding a gametype to h5, and want to shift some focus to it. It makes sense.

The fact that they are announcing that the playlist will return with improvements suggests it had strong numbers.

the playlist did have strong numbers, if you read waypoin (I’m Perma banned on there because of that fat cunt snicketdoodle) there’s was a thread speaking of it and it was quite positive. The spawns just were god awful, hopefully with the tuning classic playlist will feel more classic style.

Speaking of Which… – As an FYI, when Oddball goes live in Halo 5 matchmaking, it will replace the H3 Classic Throwback playlist (shortly after the upcoming Overtime content release). However, fear not – the H3CT playlist will indeed return in the future – and with new maps and full support for the Oddball mode itself.

Back to MCC I guess then. I tried BC H3 but the fps drops are jarring.  :eyes:  I just want to play classic Halo man.

Are you implying people here actually know what they’re taking about?

When people here can get over spewing hate and circle jerking then yes I'd say some of them kinda know what they're talking about when it comes to halo game mechanics.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

When people here can get over spewing hate and circle jerking then yes I'd say some of them kinda know what they're talking about when it comes to halo game mechanics.

There was some dude on bnet that used to post topics discussing various mechanics. I think it was Darkside Eric and they were called “In The Lab”. Good times.

There was some dude on bnet that used to post topics discussing various mechanics. I think it was Darkside Eric and they were called “In The Lab”. Good times.

Interesting! When about where you a frequent Bnet poster? What year range? Just wondering.

Interesting! When about where you a frequent Bnet poster? What year range? Just wondering.

On and off over the years. Not much during Halo 3. Stopped sometime during Reach.

From ske7ch on reddit: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/78vucx/343i_when_are_we_going_to_get_to_see_that_sweet/doywm33/?utm_content=permalink&utm_medium=front&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=halo

Specifically:

"Also, it plays awesome - many people have said they feel a difference in terms of responsiveness and "snappiness" on the X. If you were the type of astute hardcore player that felt "heavy aim" I'm very curious to hear if you can feel a difference when playing on the X. And those lightning fast load times... wow. (for some reason marketing doesn't consider that a selling point but I'm all in ;)"
  • Upvote (+1) 2

From ske7ch on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/78vucx/343i_when_are_we_going_to_get_to_see_that_sweet/doywm33/?utm_content=permalink&utm_medium=front&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=halo

Specifically:

"Also, it plays awesome - many people have said they feel a difference in terms of responsiveness and "snappiness" on the X. If you were the type of astute hardcore player that felt "heavy aim" I'm very curious to hear if you can feel a difference when playing on the X. And those lightning fast load times... wow. (for some reason marketing doesn't consider that a selling point but I'm all in ;)"

If I wanted snappiness/responsiveness, I would’ve played H4 MCC. No game should ever require a generational upgrade of a console to resolve aiming issues.

Lol, "Hey guyz, we potentially fixed the heavy aim and it only costs you a measly 500 dollars!" 

:stern:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm guessing the Xbox One X version feels closer to the PC version at 60fps? If so that'd be a pretty decent advantage, it's not perfect feeling by any means but it is better.

Even on PC the aiming is still bad. It's just not complete thrash like on the Xbox, but I doubt the One X will be any bettrr than the PC version. Definitely not worth 500 bucks lmao this company.

Even on PC the aiming is still bad. It's just not complete thrash like on the Xbox, but I doubt the One X will be any bettrr than the PC version. Definitely not worth 500 bucks lmao this company.

I will disagree with this, however. The PC version’s aiming is god tier. Feels like Halo 2 with how crisp it is. I made a video about it on here a while ago when we were on a mission to figure out what in the world is wrong with this aiming system lol. On the latter half though, I agree. I highly doubt it will resemble the PC version in any way.

Edit: For clarification, aiming with the KB&M is the one that’s completely awful haha. The controller is the device that functions how it’s supposed to.

I'm not usually one to complain, but HCS playlist should be renamed to - HCS Strongholds, It's literally every gametype I get :\, when are we ever going to get more of a variety? and new maps etc....