CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Imagine if Team Beyond:

Banned people like Boyo after making their first post.

Sign me up!
  • Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Damn, I'm sorry.

Lol, it was mostly just the Trump stuff, but I also get stuff from more neutral places as well.

I never really had a problem with gaf. Got all my gaming news from there. Some people were morons, but that's everywhere. I probably spent as much time on gaf as a do here.

Got banned once for calling a Kotaku article click bait- which was BS. But that was the only ban i ever got. disagreeing with mods never got me in any trouble. So I always find it weird when people say it was a simple disagreement that go them permabanned- could be that I just got lucky, though.

They're very exclusive and careful in their registration process.

For starters you need a paid email account (ISP, Work, College, etc.) to even begin the process in the first place. Then you need to wait for the site admins to verify your account, which can literally take weeks or longer.

My account still isn’t verified. Signed up some 7-8 years ago (can still sign in, can’t post).

Signed up with a work email some years later and was instantly rejected. Figured I wouldn’t bother with it after that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I never really bothered with Neogaf. And based off of what I've heard about the site, I'm not missing anything of substance.

snip

That's NeoGaf's environment in a nutshell. Actually that's really just the tip of the iceberg.

This. It's basically as hive minded as reddit but with Waypoint levels of mod power abuse. Then add in a bunch of crazy people as regulars and some developer nut huggers and you have NeoGAF.

This. It's basically as hive minded as reddit but with Waypoint levels of mod power abuse. Then add in a bunch of crazy people as regulars and some developer nut huggers and you have NeoGAF.

it's worse than reddit but honestly the gap is thinning pretty quickly between the two.

it's worse than reddit but honestly the gap is thinning pretty quickly between the two.

Some subs are alright, mostly the smaller ones tend to have a nice community not unlike what we have here. Most gaming subs are pure cancer though and don't even get me started on the default subs.

The internet is a toxic cesspool of negativity, overreactions, fake news, bandwagoning and hyperbole-passed-as-fact.

Everywhere is guilty.  Some places are just misdemeanor level while others are serial-killer level.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Some subs are alright, mostly the smaller ones tend to have a nice community not unlike what we have here. Most gaming subs are pure cancer though and don't even get me started on the default subs.

if I had a nickel for every time I read some stupid anti gun argument or any given "punch nazis" argument on reddit, I'd be a rich son of bitch.

if I had a nickel for every time I read some stupid anti gun argument or any given "punch nazis" argument on reddit, I'd be a rich son of bitch.

idk if you like sports but reddit is excellent for sports content

Let’s ban the one thing from this thread that’s entertaining even if he’s often idiotic

I’ll take a hard pass.Having actually indepth interesting conversations on teambeyond is so rare.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I’ll take a hard pass.Having actually indepth interesting conversations on teambeyond is so rare.

"In depth interesting conversations"

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Upvote (+1) 1

The internet is a toxic cesspool of negativity, overreactions, fake news, bandwagoning and hyperbole-passed-as-fact.

Everywhere is guilty. Some places are just misdemeanor level while others are serial-killer level.

The sad reality of the internet. It will probably never change, just how humanity, itself, will never truly change.

Are you implying people here actually know what they’re taking about?

idk if you like sports but reddit is excellent for sports content

Its full of skinny manlets who obsess over fantasy football but are too scared to go to the pub.

Idk how much you guys play the classic playlist but holy titties the spawns are atrocious. The worst I've experienced in any game. There is no way those maps were play tested for more than a second. Even maps in V1 Evolved had better spawns than them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Idk how much you guys play the classic playlist but holy titties the spawns are atrocious. The worst I've experienced in any game. There is no way those maps were play tested for more than a second. Even maps in V1 Evolved had better spawns than them.

Gotta love High Ground and it's staggering total amount of three (!!!) possible spawn points. I feel like the spawns in this playlist are dumb on purpose, Someone must have intentionally fucked with the spawns to make them this bad, the spawn engine can't be that stupid. 

High Ground and Boundless are by far the two worst. I haven’t had an issue with any other though.

And i get high ground every other game.

High Ground and Boundless are by far the two worst. I haven’t had an issue with any other though.

Obi-Wan Disagrees

Your+new+empire+_84b0bd03d64eb4c730ece38

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Obi-Wan Disagrees

Your+new+empire+_84b0bd03d64eb4c730ece38

If it’s a joke I don’t get it. Have you played the playlist much? Those spawns are comical.

• Downvote (-1) 1